CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

FYI: Super Autobacs grand opening in covina

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-08, 03:04 PM
1GStoEnvyold
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think i'm about to go check it out in a bit.....
Old 04-27-08, 03:40 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I was just there earlier today.

Very nice and clean. Pretty much the same as the one in Stanton, but with lower ceilings...
Old 04-27-08, 06:04 PM
pingpong89
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 4ntvings
If you think that's old, does anyone remember New Image (on colima between fullerton/nogales-now i think its a shop that sells water)? Dam, guess i'm starting to really show my age.
i remembered when it was called skyline, i dont know if that was before or after new image.

Originally Posted by Jay
Can you say Linda and George from Robocar ??
george
Old 04-30-08, 12:40 PM
92soarer
Driver

Default I got my sticker from New Image on Colima for my AE86

Originally Posted by Jay
Can you say Linda and George from Robocar ?? hahahahah... man, this is back in da days with my 195/50/15 wheels on my JDM ride !! lol. ok.. im old I stop !!!

I need to swing by to check out the new autobacs !! Thanks for the info !!
I picked up one of those stickers I saw on those OG Options magazine and many of the AE86s had that sticker on the rear hatch

"Japan by TBO" or was it "Japan by 780" hahahah when I was younger in those days, just trying to make my AE86 a fast car and my Panasports with 195/50/15 rims also and Bridgestone RE71 tires.Those tires were the bomb back then.
Old 04-30-08, 01:10 PM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pingpong89
i remembered when it was called skyline, i dont know if that was before or after new image.
If my memory served me right, Skyline was first then the owner sold the entire company including inventory for like $50 - $60K. I was considering buying it (since my friend knows the owner), but got slammed by my parents to tell me to finish my damn degree first. Gosh, this was so long ago while I was still in my 93' Prelude, changing my own oil..... now i have two babies.... damn my back hurts
Old 04-30-08, 02:34 PM
Saiji
Lexus Champion

hahahahahah ROBOcar, omg I feel old now.
Old 04-30-08, 05:03 PM
valgs350
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by xknowonex
Same here. I'm quite surprised as to how they stay in business. Maybe there is alot of margin in air fresheners
lol....hahahaha

that could be true!
Old 05-01-08, 10:04 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
I was just there earlier today.

Very nice and clean. Pretty much the same as the one in Stanton, but with lower ceilings...
^^What where you doing in my neck of the woods!!???

- FYI .. I was there too a few days.. Believe it or not, the Covina store has many, many, many more products on display or in stock... but yes it is smaller than the Stanton one and it doesn't have the 2nd level..

Also, of the hundreds of bulbs they carry, they didn't have the bulbs I needed in stock..

Joe Z
Old 05-01-08, 11:58 AM
4ntvings
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

anyone going today? i just might stop by...bored.
maybe they'll have some air freshners on sale, LOL

EDIT: wasted my time and gas going there.

Last edited by 4ntvings; 05-01-08 at 03:22 PM.
Old 05-04-08, 01:24 AM
Downfall75
Lead Lap

I just checked it out today. Apparently all the things on 'sale' will end tomorrow. Luckily, I picked me up some My Shaldan air fresheners for $1.99 each. Pretty good deal. Oh, and as a bonus, I got some free stickers and decals with my purchase
Old 05-04-08, 07:23 PM
Chappie
Rookie

did you people see the GTR they had on display? they have a formula d team this year: www.sa-drift.com

everyone keeps saying to me that they hear autobacs is doing so bad....but to expand to another location and run a formula d team, that's alot of money to invest in a failing business?

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/B7DHCgTHuDU&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/B7DHCgTHuDU&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
Old 05-04-08, 07:46 PM
Downfall75
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Chappie
did you people see the GTR they had on display? they have a formula d team this year: www.sa-drift.com

everyone keeps saying to me that they hear autobacs is doing so bad....but to expand to another location and run a formula d team, that's alot of money to invest in a failing business?

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/B7DHCgTHuDU&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/B7DHCgTHuDU&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
Maybe its only the autobacs in the U.S.A.? Compared to the few stores in the U.S., they have hundreds of other stores worldwide.
Old 06-02-08, 08:38 AM
RX729
Pole Position

Is it near Bert's mega mall...?
Old 06-02-08, 10:46 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts

Originally Posted by RX729
Is it near Bert's mega mall...?
Yes sorta...

A few doors down from the old Home Depot location..
Arrow Hwy & Azusa Ave

Covina Store:
1480 North Azusa Ave.
Covina, CA 91722

Joe Z
Old 06-03-08, 12:29 AM
AM1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

robocar, i believe started on colima and nogales, then relocated over to valley/nogales. After Robo went south, the main partner/staff started other businesses. but thats a whole entire can of worms.

If you think that's old, does anyone remember New Image (on colima between fullerton/nogales-now i think its a shop that sells water)? Dam, guess i'm starting to really show my age.
i still remember their first shop and how small it was then how big the second location was.

Originally Posted by Jay
Can you say Linda and George from Robocar ?? hahahahah... man, this is back in da days with my 195/50/15 wheels on my JDM ride !! lol. ok.. im old I stop !!!

I need to swing by to check out the new autobacs !! Thanks for the info !!
you guys remember when it was either robocar or pitcrew for parts in the sgv way back then...?

you and me both are old

see you guys at the new autobacs! i'll either be stock or slammed!
i dunno how old you guys are, but if you guys remember the old robocar then im probably as old as you guys are.

Quick Reply: FYI: Super Autobacs grand opening in covina