CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.
View Poll Results: Do you think the harsher punishment/fines is fair?
NO - carne asada is not a crime!
82.46%
YES - it affects other restaurants!
17.54%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Carne Asada is not a crime...

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-08, 03:26 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Carne Asada is not a crime...

Hey fellow Angelinos!

Did you know a recent law has passed?

It's illegal for food trucks to park in one spot for more than an hour.

Before it was a $60 parking ticket.....now it's up to $1,000 and/or 6 months in jail.

http://saveourtacotrucks.org/

I read about this law awhile ago when it was first proposed but they were thinking of making it illegal to park within 100 yards of an actual restaurant building - which makes sense.
Now I am pissed because I think taco trucks are a part of Los Angeles heritage and I frequented these trucks during the lean younger years of college and clubbing.

Do you guys think this is fair?

Last edited by AsianGirl007; 05-07-08 at 04:29 PM.
Old 05-07-08, 03:36 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

So, if a Roach Coach moves (let's say) 10 ft after an hour of parking, is it legal?
Old 05-07-08, 03:43 PM
Jay
Lexus Champion

It's not fair, I agree !!! I guess City found out how much they're making money and not enough paying taxes, so there YOU GO !!!!

I gave sub-lease once to one of those food trucker, they paid me "rent" on time and followed their business hours and rules respectively (when to park and how to operate and clean up etc.) Pretty much like having your own tenant.

I guess you're talkin about those truckers that drive around and park anywhere they want and operating without property owners' permit ?? Either way, some truckers' tacos are something to DIE for !!! One in Amar st and Hacienda hts !! OMG !!! SOOO GOOD>>> I don't care about the Health inspection code, simply yummmmy !!
Old 05-07-08, 03:47 PM
4ntvings
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay
One in Amar st and Hacienda hts !! OMG !!! SOOO GOOD>>> I don't care about the Health inspection code, simply yummmmy !!
i was there last month!
Old 05-07-08, 04:20 PM
irv_usc
Lead Lap

well how fair is it to the restaurants who lose business. i've read the articles, a lot of restaurants end up with roach coaches parked RIGHT IN FRONT.

i admit, i'm a roach coach frequenter, but they have to be smarter about where they are stopping.
Old 05-07-08, 04:29 PM
Dan_K
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

But it is legal if the truck parks on private property and they have permission from the owner of the property right?
Old 05-07-08, 05:02 PM
Lextreme
Lexus Champion

I love those trucks. There was one always park in Batson and Colima right by the apartment complex. I love their tacos. I tried to get some tacos and they were gone.
Old 05-07-08, 05:24 PM
Jay
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Dan_K
But it is legal if the truck parks on private property and they have permission from the owner of the property right?
YES... As long as truckers got their permits from Property owners. Unfortunately, we're talking about those ones simply drive and park any where they feel.... including front of leased out restaurant facilities.
Old 05-07-08, 05:26 PM
jracerlmn
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if they registered with the county, paid their business fees, maintained a level of cleanliness, then i wouldn't have a problem.

most don't even bother with any of the above three...

breaking the law as is.
Old 05-07-08, 05:50 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Originally Posted by jracerlmn
if they registered with the county, paid their business fees, maintained a level of cleanliness, then i wouldn't have a problem.
I think they have to? Otherwise can't any cop just roll up and close them down?

The cleaniness part I don't want to think about that.....thankfully I had an iron stomach when I was younger and never got sick from tacos.
Old 05-07-08, 06:35 PM
reamemiya
Pole Position

I think it's also a matter of traffic caused by these trucks. And quite frankly it is very dangerous to be doing business on the side of the road not only do they put themselves in danger, but also people who frequent these trucks for a bite.

On that note I have no problem with their businesses themselves as long as they're at a business parking lot (which allows them to park there and distribute food) or somewhere legal and safe NOT randomly parked on the side of a street with heavy traffic.
Old 05-07-08, 06:36 PM
jracerlmn
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by AsianGirl007
I think they have to? Otherwise can't any cop just roll up and close them down?

Less than half are registered. It was on the radio a few weeks ago.

I'm wondering how many of them are unsafely driving around. I'm sure vehicle maintenance is the least of their cares. :/
Old 05-07-08, 06:45 PM
Jay
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jracerlmn
Less than half are registered. It was on the radio a few weeks ago.

I'm wondering how many of them are unsafely driving around. I'm sure vehicle maintenance is the least of their cares. :/
Seriously... let's not start there !! hahahha...

LIZ: with that bulletproof stomach you got, I think you can handle my cookin next month then !!
Old 05-07-08, 06:56 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Originally Posted by Jay
Seriously... let's not start there !! hahahha...

LIZ: with that bulletproof stomach you got, I think you can handle my cookin next month then !!
Oh dear.....Jay I said "I used to have" - get that schit right man.
Old 05-08-08, 12:38 AM
emoshun
Lexus Champion

The 3 people who voted yes, most likely have never eaten from a taco truck, yet still feel the need to make an uneducated statement.

Unless a restaurant can legally document their losses for a 6 month period, it is simply just speculation, and holds no validity in court. It's jealousy, pure and simple, mobility!

The business is simply disgruntled that they have to pay their lease/permit/inspection codes/water bill/gas bill/electric bill to operate business, while the trucks can move from spot to spot. (Even still the truck owners pay for truck maintenance, gas, insurance, etc.)

I'm sorry if I sound like I'm venting, but one of my friends moms owns a "taco truck" and many cities are now making it very hard to conduct business. Especially with gas prices the way they are, it's the last thing this niche industry needs.

Last edited by emoshun; 05-08-08 at 12:41 AM.

Quick Reply: Carne Asada is not a crime...