CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Just came back from Fontana today...

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-08, 04:36 PM
suicidesam
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

they give you the costco hair net wear before you put on the helmet...

Old 05-31-08, 06:50 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by ULTiMaX99

Darren I beat your time today - I put down the fastest amateur time of the program so far in a red STOCK IS350! It wasn't even the F-Sport equipped car - hahahaha!!! 23.765 baby!

Seriously, this was a BLAST. If you have a chance to go to any of these performance-oriented events that Lexus puts on, do whatever you have to do to BE THERE. There a great ratio of instructors to drivers, so you could ask plenty of questions and get one-on-one instruction. You could flog the cars hard, and were encouraged to do so within the intents of the program and the limits of the car. I learned a TON, and couldn't have had more fun. Thank you Lexus!!!

Javier
Old 05-31-08, 06:58 PM
ExTrEmE99
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Dang Glen placed pretty high too according the board, i hope its the glen we all know RMMGS4
Old 05-31-08, 07:03 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

^Glen (RMMGS4) was the fastest GS of the day. The previous 'overall fastest' (until me and Rolando took turns beating the time) was another Glen - I didn't know who.

Javier
Old 05-31-08, 07:29 PM
TRDRAV4
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gotta say thanks to Ryan for getting the confirmation code. I know there were a lot of people who got waitlisted (like my parents) and were not invited subsequently. Definitely worth waiting to drive the IS-F and the free gift
Old 05-31-08, 09:18 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 167 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by javyLSU
Darren I beat your time today - I put down the fastest amateur time of the program so far in a red STOCK IS350! It wasn't even the F-Sport equipped car - hahahaha!!! 23.765 baby!

Seriously, this was a BLAST. If you have a chance to go to any of these performance-oriented events that Lexus puts on, do whatever you have to do to BE THERE. There a great ratio of instructors to drivers, so you could ask plenty of questions and get one-on-one instruction. You could flog the cars hard, and were encouraged to do so within the intents of the program and the limits of the car. I learned a TON, and couldn't have had more fun. Thank you Lexus!!!

Javier

Hmmm... that course is not the same we had on Thursday. I also noticed many who hit cones didn't get deducted by the crew who was supposed to be watching.
Old 05-31-08, 09:33 PM
t0e
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

To bad I got stuck on the (Big!!!) speed bump just as I was leaving!

Anyway while everyone was driving, I was shooting.

Oppps WRONG CARS!!!

Hahah

2. Javy's Amateur time winning car!

3. Black Lexus Fsport

Last edited by t0e; 05-31-08 at 10:22 PM.
Old 05-31-08, 09:41 PM
suicidesam
Lexus Test Driver

^^^ hey paul u gonna post up the pixs you took?
Old 06-01-08, 03:01 AM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
Hmmm... that course is not the same we had on Thursday. I also noticed many who hit cones didn't get deducted by the crew who was supposed to be watching.
The course was exactly the same - you can see they're the same in the two pictures I posted. The instructors even told us that the fastest professional IS-F time on that course was 22.7 the previous day. Keep in mind there were two different circuit courses.

Javier
Old 06-01-08, 07:18 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

I witnessed this as it happened!

I actually got my fastest time with that IS350 also. Stupid PCS, it almost strangled me when I slammed on the brakes.
Old 06-01-08, 09:16 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Javier
Nice work Darren & Javy!!

I very much agree, this is a Lexus Event you don't want to miss out on..

Javy, your Decaff IS350 must of gotten extra Love in Japan when it was built... I wonder what your time would have been in the F-Sport car..

I was breaking low 25's.... In one GS run I got a 26.666 <

After yesterday, I learned that less braking & more coasting in & out of turns, will give you better times..
Essentially, you only needed to brake twice in the course before the last 3rd hard brake in the box...

I loved watching people lighting up the tires and over shooting the brake box.. !!!
More so with the F-Sport Car..

Anyone have comments regarding the F-Sport / Stoptech brakes??

While I'm typing this... some of you are at it again this morning....

Joe Z

P.S. Hot laps and short conversation with Jeff Andretti was simply amazing...
Old 06-01-08, 09:48 AM
chrisburke
Lead Lap

jeff andretti? What.. Damn they didnt tell me he was there..
Old 06-01-08, 02:42 PM
truce209
Driver

I had a great time today.. I did the freebee one.. it was fun gunning the IS's and GSh.. the IS-F was an experience of its own.. *drooling...

Yeah I had Jeff for my hot lap.. didnt realize the last name until the end of the trip. He was great.

Overall, great experience. Cant wait til the next one.
Old 06-01-08, 06:09 PM
RufRidn
Pole Position

It was a great event today. I was in the 9:15 group, team 1. I did a total of 4 runs: 2 in a stock is350, and 2 in the is350 f-modded version. I was on the other track on the right side (the left side is pictured in this thread). On my last run I actually got 24.9xx which was faster than the pros on that course! UNFORTUNATELY, my front tires passed the stop box and they didn't record it, but they gave me props lol
The IS-F drive was amazing. On the straightaway the thing took off but the guy in front of me didn't know the meaning of full throttle and I had to slow down =|
Thank you Lexus for having a great event and I look forward to next year.
Old 06-01-08, 08:26 PM
VelvetBlue
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I drove faster in an IS F on I-5 on the way home (110 mph) than I did on the track (80 mph). They should group the slow drivers together so they don't hold up the faster ones.

Quick Reply: Just came back from Fontana today...