CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

***THE AFTERMATH** Luau Meet '08***

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-08, 01:44 AM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by XenonDepot
Great shots! I'm happy to see that the meet went so well! Great job putting this together!

Congratulations to the winner of our free Xtreme HID Kit =)

Steve
Thank you for all your support over the years!!!

Originally Posted by valgs350
THe parking layout was great for taking pics, loved the location!!!!
I'm glad to hear that because "behind the scenes" we were worried about the 3 car deep 2IS parking lot in the back (which was overflowing into the front lot), having to keep 20 feet away from the from fire hydrent/trash bin, keeping the front lot clear (for that front business which was open that day) and saving open space for the sponsors' show cars (Joe Z and Status Auto Design).

Luckily it all worked out in the end and that makes me happy!

Old 06-24-08, 01:50 AM
PinoyBruin
Driver

First of all I want to thank Liz for such a successful event! This was the biggest I've attended thus far. Secondly, thanks to the sponsors for making those raffle prizes possible. Food was awesome! We sure can eat a lot pretty quickly! My lil sister Sheryl came in handy grabbing that XM gift card, the surprise raffle prize (heh heh!). The cooling backpack handed out was awesome, and I'll be sure to use it during summer hikes. Lexus Valve Caps!!! I've been meaning to get those! Sweet! Oh yeah, thanks to this wonderful forum for helping me decide on the F1 A/S tires (I decided on getting what Liz got, not to mention the $50 rebate that was offered helped in making the decision easy). Thanks again to everyone for making such an event possible.
Old 06-24-08, 02:47 AM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Thank you to all the people who posted these gorgeous pictures.

I was so busy and the property was too big for me to see everything that went on so I really enjoyed viewing the pictures at my leisure.

I especially liked the pictures from the street right before the gates opened. I had no idea so much craziness was going on. I kept hearing Allen K's voice over the walkie talkie asking when can he start letting cars come in but a picture is definately worth a thousand words!

Also I want to say thanks for everyone's kind words, it means a lot to me.

On a side note, my friend who filmed the meet had never been to an event like this and didn't know what to expect. The only thing I told him was to capture whatever he thought was cool and left it at that. I was interested in seeing what he came back with.

I just viewed the first rough draft and there's good shots of the following members' cars that I recognized: EXE.UCF10, SoCalSC4, scawacs, bientje, SanseiGS43, t0e, pocky, t-rex06, Eternity3G, Joe Z, CrazyMPG and ultimax99.

There's also some good close up shots of cars whose CL members I cannot match up: silver 2GS with carbon fiber hood, black 2LS with huge 5 star silver rims, red 1GS with body kit, white 2IS with bumper plugs and black roof, and the 3 black 2IS's with rims parked 3 deep in the back lot.

There are sweeping shots of the IS's, GS's, SC's, and even some ES love too.

Oh......t0e's car had a few dead bugs on the front bumper and there's a close up of pocky walking right in the middle of one shot. haha

I'll let you guys know once it's ready and I'm hoping to bring it out to the next meet to show everyone.

Last edited by AsianGirl007; 06-24-08 at 03:04 AM.
Old 06-24-08, 03:35 AM
TecnoSmurf
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by AsianGirl007

I was so busy and the property was too big for me to see everything that went on so I really enjoyed viewing the pictures at my leisure.

I especially liked the pictures from the street right before the gates opened. I had no idea so much craziness was going on. I kept hearing Allen K's voice over the walkie talkie asking when can he start letting cars come in but a picture is definately worth a thousand words!

On a side note, my friend who filmed the meet had never been to an event like this and didn't know what to expect. The only thing I told him was to capture whatever he thought was cool and left it at that. I was interested in seeing what he came back with.

I just viewed the first rough draft and there's good shots of the following members' cars that I recognized: EXE.UCF10, SoCalSC4, scawacs, bientje, SanseiGS43, t0e, pocky, t-rex06, Eternity3G, Joe Z, CrazyMPG and ultimax99.

There's also some good close up shots of cars whose CL members I cannot match up: silver 2GS with carbon fiber hood, black 2LS with huge 5 star silver rims, red 1GS with body kit, white 2IS with bumper plugs and black roof, and the 3 black 2IS's with rims parked 3 deep in the back lot.

There are sweeping shots of the IS's, GS's, SC's, and even some ES love too.

Oh......t0e's car had a few dead bugs on the front bumper and there's a close up of pocky walking right in the middle of one shot. haha

I'll let you guys know once it's ready and I'm hoping to bring it out to the next meet to show everyone.

I hope he gets me and s$300 in there. He was doing a walk down the sc's so when he passed by we tried looking like gangsters.
Old 06-24-08, 03:39 AM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dboyz85
This was my first big meet and it was a great one, the turn out was huge so I just wanna say a big thanks to Liz for making it all possible and Joe for hosting us. Thanks again.

Oh yea, so who ended up winning that 2nd Gen Grill? I wanted it.

P.S. Thanks to XknowoneX and others for the great pics, especially the ones of the blk 2nd gen GS with the DH's. hahaha....
Originally Posted by SC400Dude
+1 - Thanks for those awesome shots...it took a lot of courage to battle the heat and that blazing sun

A BIG thanks from me too!

That's a lot of pictures to take, resize and post!

No problem

I do enjoy trying my best to cover car events. For those that like my pictures, thanks
Old 06-24-08, 03:41 AM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Originally Posted by TecnoSmurf
I hope he gets me and s$300 in there. He was doing a walk down the sc's so when he passed by we tried looking like gangsters.
HAHAHA....trying to look like broho's? (I finally remembered).

You and Greg aren't in the shot, but your cars are.
Old 06-24-08, 03:43 AM
icms001
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by EXE.UCF10
Anyone know who this SC belongs to? or what exhaust he/she has on it?

it belongs to a girl named "IheartmySC." i got the chance to talk to her a little bit about her car at the meet. its a very nice set up for a daily driver. her exhaust is from a Japanese company called "S Class." i don't see this brand in the states too much, but it is one of the few SC's running quad tips that i have seen. it sounded wicked when she pulled out.
Old 06-24-08, 04:45 AM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts
Cool

hahah, it was fun and crazy out there in the beginning, i remember allen telling Phil and I to block the entrance D

i forgot i had my camera that day, it was wayyy too hot i have a few pics il put up soon...need sleep atm...

o.o
uhh liz, did the 2LS look like this?

image courtesy blk_is300
coz if so then it would be mine...

if not then it might have been rhyi's early 2LS, hes on Vienna's i believe? more dish style
Old 06-24-08, 08:03 AM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Excellent job Liz; Having a DJ there was an excellent idea...I was going to have one myself but I couldn't get a amplified sound permit...Hopefully for the next one, adding a DJ definitely sets the mood for a party...

Kalifornians definitely know how to have a meet and definitely know how to represent....The sickest Clublexus rides are in California for sure...
Old 06-24-08, 08:15 AM
pocky
mooncake master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

DOH!!!!!! LOL
Old 06-24-08, 09:22 AM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by pocky
DOH!!!!!! LOL
aiya. typical pocky. always causing general mayhem.
Old 06-24-08, 11:12 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,062 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb Page 7

Wow... I'm a bit late to the after party thread..... LoL

I just wanted to take the time to say this was overall a Great Meet and one of the Largest I have been to in a long while....

I had great time meeting new people and catching up with friends..

It was also a great day to work on my on going T-Shirt Tan..

Location was awesome, food was great, people were great and of course all the sweet Lexus cars that came down..

Excellent Job by Liz & all the Sponsors involved that made this happen...
I personally, was very happy to be a part of this event...

Congratulations to all the raffle prize winners !!!

Also, congrats again to Kenny who won the "Joe Z Intake" and the on the spot install...

My family came too and had a great time as well...

Awesome pics so far!!

Thank You
Joe Z

P.S. - Can't wait to see the video "toe" took on our way home...

Anyone who didn't get a chance to meet me or hear the ehxaust, just shoot me a PM.. IF your local we can meet up briefly..
Terrance, I know I owe you a ride with the Advan Sport Tires... !!

Last edited by Joe Z; 06-24-08 at 11:16 AM.
Old 06-24-08, 11:27 AM
pocky
mooncake master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by projectdna
aiya. typical pocky. always causing general mayhem.
Haha! typical?! I don't cause mayhem.
Old 06-24-08, 11:31 AM
EXE.UCF10
VIP|EXEstyle セルシオ

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by icms001
it belongs to a girl named "IheartmySC." i got the chance to talk to her a little bit about her car at the meet. its a very nice set up for a daily driver. her exhaust is from a Japanese company called "S Class." i don't see this brand in the states too much, but it is one of the few SC's running quad tips that i have seen. it sounded wicked when she pulled out.
Sweet...thanks for the info. Props to the owner for what she's done to the SC.

Originally Posted by pocky
Haha! typical?! I don't cause mayhem.
But you do throw out some excellent quotes. LOL

Last edited by EXE.UCF10; 06-24-08 at 11:36 AM.
Old 06-24-08, 11:48 AM
mr9r33n
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by TecnoSmurf
lmfao yeah it was me u and $c300 haha that would be funny to see

Quick Reply: ***THE AFTERMATH** Luau Meet '08***