CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

No love for other lexus models?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-08, 09:44 AM
VELLANOLEX
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No love for other lexus models?

Just curious in why in most shows or here in So Cali clublex other lexus models dont get any love or credit such as :ES/RX/LX. It seems like the majority of love goes to IN ORDER :1.GS 2. IS 3. LS. Why is that? saw a remark on the hawain LUAU event that the ES's were stuck in the corner and it was funny. just curious ? because ES owners dont support the events? i mean there is a ES group where people modify them and the other models i had a 2005 rx sittin on 3 piece 24's suede interior. thats not hot enough .. I also own a ES thats why also. ANY THOUGHTS?
Old 06-23-08, 09:54 AM
ffpowerLN
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Given how Lexus has positioned the IS and GS in the lineup it's just naturally that there are more enthusiasts within the owners of those two models.
Old 06-23-08, 10:01 AM
GS3Tek

Received 168 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by ffpower
Given how Lexus has positioned the IS and GS in the lineup it's just naturally that there are more enthusiasts within the owners of those two models.
Agreed.
No one is ever turned away-there's love for all models.
It's just the ES, RX, or others didn't show up.

Well, did you get a chance to go vellanolex???
That would've been +1 for an ES

Actually, if you would've brought the lambo, I don't think anyone is going to be asking for other lexus models
Old 06-23-08, 10:16 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Most CL members are enthusiastic about their cars, but sport (IS & GS & 1SC) and ultra-luxury (LS & 2SC) sedans/coupes trump SUV and non-sport vehicles.

We actually love it when an RX or LX show up, but most owners of Lexus SUVs don't care for what most CL members do, which is to hypermodify their vehicles for sport...
Old 06-23-08, 10:29 AM
912inc
Lead Lap

I guess the aftermarket support isn't like the GS, IS or the LS. I am sure people mod their ES, but personally I don't see alot of them on CL or online.
Old 06-23-08, 10:35 AM
VELLANOLEX
Driver School Candidate

I agree the GS/IS/LS are more geared towards performance/luxury mods. The ES although gets very little love i think even though it was one of the orginal Lexus line ups in 1989 "es250" i believe. It is the older brother to the GS/IS. "The little brother is bigger than the older brother" plays part here! I also guess its the lack of support from ES/RX/LX owners since most of these cars are driven by older people. and also the lack of performance mods and accessories.
Old 06-23-08, 10:39 AM
irv_usc
Lead Lap

well here at work my coworkers rag on their ES driving friends for driving an "overpriced camry"

in any case i'm sure that generalization in the public eye has something to do with it (in terms of shows and whatnot)
Old 06-23-08, 10:43 AM
VELLANOLEX
Driver School Candidate

Yes i hear that alot but not as much as "LEXUS" is an OVER PRICED "TOYOTA"
Old 06-23-08, 10:46 AM
VELLANOLEX
Driver School Candidate

Default answer to gs3tek

GS3 LEX i didnt get to go to the luau my lex was at longo for service and i took the loaner IS250 to vegas. LOL
Old 06-23-08, 11:29 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Well, we did have one custom-painted RX at the Luau...

Old 06-23-08, 11:44 AM
eyezack87
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Meh, not really complaining. I just started my mod list and no one would've noticed them anyway since they're just LED mods and stuff. Maybe after repaint and rims I'll try again haha

Really wished I could've sent my emblems for CF wrap before the meet though
Old 06-23-08, 11:52 AM
ng123ray
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 912inc
I guess the aftermarket support isn't like the GS, IS or the LS. I am sure people mod their ES, but personally I don't see alot of them on CL or online.
no one makes anything for my car ... my only option is.... airbags.... and rims.... rims i want are 900 a peice.. so it's way out of my budget ... i havent seen any rims that i really like besides the wald portofinos...... im hoping joez will look into a custom intake for my 5ES
Old 06-23-08, 11:56 AM
Dougspeed
Lead Lap

The GS, IS, SC, and LS are more or less unique to the Lexus line in the U.S. which gives those cars more cachet amongst the car enthusiast crowd. Unfortunately, the ES/RX/LX is considered the Camry/Land Cruiser for the brand snobs with no real difference other then the badging and more wood, leather, and hids. =\
Old 06-23-08, 12:52 PM
valgs350
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
Most CL members are enthusiastic about their cars, but sport (IS & GS & 1SC) and ultra-luxury (LS & 2SC) sedans/coupes trump SUV and non-sport vehicles.

We actually love it when an RX or LX show up, but most owners of Lexus SUVs don't care for what most CL members do, which is to hypermodify their vehicles for sport...
I have an LX470 and went to meets but its not has exciting has taking my 3rd Gen GS!!!!

The LX470 is more for like Land Cruiser meets in Colorado or TLCA off-road events.

I do want to bring it to a CL meet muddy though...lol....I have brought it before but it just feels left out...lol

Last edited by valgs350; 06-23-08 at 01:02 PM.
Old 06-23-08, 01:47 PM
4ntvings
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by VELLANOLEX
saw a remark on the hawain LUAU event that the ES's were stuck in the corner and it was funny. just curious ?
we layed out the parking as best we could for aesthetics, photo shots, and other reasons; we also had to take into consideration the amount of cars per model signed up, the amount of models (SC, GS, IS, ES, LX, RX, LS, vendors, and show cars), and the total amount of space we were allotted. please keep in mind, 140+ cars were signed up and we had limited space to work with; coupled with that, we had to keep the parking within fire code (we didnt want Joe/Backyard to get shut down for any fire code violations).

thanks for your understanding.

Quick Reply: No love for other lexus models?