CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

newport lexus = idiots

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-08 | 02:09 PM
blk_is300
Pole Position

To me when my warranty expires = bye bye stealership!! I always try to complain as much as possible right before my warranty expires so I get things replaced. When I had my IS300 I got a brand new 5 speed tranny w/ new clutch, new CD changer headunit, and a new steering wheel within the last 6 months of my warranty.
Old 06-26-08 | 08:00 PM
BigManne
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by sakataj
memphis dealership = idiots also

well poop i was thinking about taking my car there. i have a friend of a friend who works there.
Old 06-27-08 | 01:49 AM
Byprodrive
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Lexiss_sc430
I am not surprised, have you people seen this dealership?

The dam thing looks like the Venetian, it is crazy how nice it looks. They have to cover their overhead and expenditures by doing something, so ripping off unsuspecting folk in the Newport beach/Laguna/OC area is the most convenient way to turn a profit.

Just for reference,
$ 75,000,000 land & construction
Old 06-27-08 | 05:31 AM
19psi
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by blk_is300
To me when my warranty expires = bye bye stealership!! I always try to complain as much as possible right before my warranty expires so I get things replaced. When I had my IS300 I got a brand new 5 speed tranny w/ new clutch, new CD changer headunit, and a new steering wheel within the last 6 months of my warranty.
i really dislike people like you. seriously. you own a car. cars require maintenance and sometimes the owner should actually pay for that maintenance. you scam the dealer and lexus corporate by doing this and then have the nerve to complain when we charge extra for non warranty repairs? we do that to make up for the cheap scammers like you. lexus corporate reimburses the dealer for all parts and labor for warranty jobs. guess what? if those "failed parts" that weren't really failed but just worn get inspected at corporate (they inspect warranty return parts) and they are deemed worn not failed, corporate sends a bill to the dealer. guess who then gets to make up for that lost money? the next customer. that's right, by complaining about things that aren't true warranty concerns and having them replaced, you screw every non warranty customer who comes in .

what makes you so special that you shouldn't have to take responsibility for your own car and pay for some of it's upkeep? parts wear out on a car, not because they're faulty, but because they're used. the owner should pay for a worn used part that hasn't technically "failed".

just to stay on topic, i agree, $4k+ is ridiculous for a throttle body replacement.
Old 06-27-08 | 11:06 AM
Navigatn
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 19psi
i really dislike people like you. seriously. you own a car. cars require maintenance and sometimes the owner should actually pay for that maintenance. you scam the dealer and lexus corporate by doing this and then have the nerve to complain when we charge extra for non warranty repairs? we do that to make up for the cheap scammers like you. lexus corporate reimburses the dealer for all parts and labor for warranty jobs. guess what? if those "failed parts" that weren't really failed but just worn get inspected at corporate (they inspect warranty return parts) and they are deemed worn not failed, corporate sends a bill to the dealer. guess who then gets to make up for that lost money? the next customer. that's right, by complaining about things that aren't true warranty concerns and having them replaced, you screw every non warranty customer who comes in .

what makes you so special that you shouldn't have to take responsibility for your own car and pay for some of it's upkeep? parts wear out on a car, not because they're faulty, but because they're used. the owner should pay for a worn used part that hasn't technically "failed".

just to stay on topic, i agree, $4k+ is ridiculous for a throttle body replacement.
wouldn't that be the dealership's bad for honoring a warranty job for parts that's are just worn and not failed?
Old 06-27-08 | 11:25 AM
19psi
Lexus Champion

it's actually complicated. you see, the dealers fall prey to the customer service index BS. basically, if someone complains enough and calls the right people in the dealership, things can be pushed through to be covered under warranty even though they shouldn't be all in the name of CSI. that way the customer will give them a high csi score for giving in to their demands. the higher ups should not be acquiescing to these ridiculous selfish demands, but in order to look good on paper in terms of CSI, they take the gamble that those particular parts won't be inspected by corporate.
on every warranty job, the tech is required to write in what part failed, why it failed and what was done to fix it. those descriptions are looked at by the dealership and then by corporate. whenever one of these scams is pulled, the dealer will typically re write the story whatever needs to be said in order for it to be covered under warranty. the techs never want anything to be warranty because it doesn't pay nearly as much as the same non warranty job, so there's no way they could be convinced to fudge their notes in the name of CSI, since they don't get any kind of CSI bonus anyway.
Old 06-27-08 | 11:49 AM
blk_is300
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 19psi

Those parts they replaced did actually fail, why don't you ask what was wrong with those parts before posting such an offensive reply!!?? The CD changer got stuck and could not even eject discs, the steering wheel leather cracked, and the 1st/2nd gear synchro of my manual transmission was bad which cause the gears to grind sometimes, I didn't ask them to replace the whole tranny, I just expect them to fix the problem, even if they said no there is nothing I could do. So what should I do if these things broke right after my warranty expires?? What would you do? Just keep your damn broken parts and save your dealership money?? Wow, should I say you're a really nice customer or a really dumb customer?

The dealers are not whole bunch of idiots who replace everything that you ask for. If you don't utilize your warranty (which you probably don't have too much experience with to begin with) that's your choice. I purchased another Lexus vehicle after I sold my IS300 (was going to buy a 335i coupe) because I love their service, I think there are lots of CL members who bought a Lexus for the same reason. I have no idea why you're flaming me for getting my broken parts replaced under my warranty? CL is definitely one of the most friendly forums, you attitude belongs to the bimmer guys.
Old 06-27-08 | 12:10 PM
KiPod
Lexus Test Driver

Everyone calm down. I agree with both of you. If you have warranty use it to the fullest untill it runs out. I think it was the way you worded it "I always try to complain as much as possible right before my warranty expires so I get things replaced". It just sounded a little bad. There are customers out there who exploit the system. They know pay is based off the survey and some use it to blackmail and get what they want.
Old 06-27-08 | 12:27 PM
CQE1
Driver School Candidate

RA40- hit the nail on the head contact HQ immediately.
Old 06-27-08 | 01:24 PM
19psi
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by blk_is300
Those parts they replaced did actually fail, why don't you ask what was wrong with those parts before posting such an offensive reply!!?? The CD changer got stuck and could not even eject discs, the steering wheel leather cracked, and the 1st/2nd gear synchro of my manual transmission was bad which cause the gears to grind sometimes, I didn't ask them to replace the whole tranny, I just expect them to fix the problem, even if they said no there is nothing I could do. So what should I do if these things broke right after my warranty expires?? What would you do? Just keep your damn broken parts and save your dealership money?? Wow, should I say you're a really nice customer or a really dumb customer?

The dealers are not whole bunch of idiots who replace everything that you ask for. If you don't utilize your warranty (which you probably don't have too much experience with to begin with) that's your choice. I purchased another Lexus vehicle after I sold my IS300 (was going to buy a 335i coupe) because I love their service, I think there are lots of CL members who bought a Lexus for the same reason. I have no idea why you're flaming me for getting my broken parts replaced under my warranty? CL is definitely one of the most friendly forums, you attitude belongs to the bimmer guys.

Originally Posted by KiPod
Everyone calm down. I agree with both of you. If you have warranty use it to the fullest untill it runs out. I think it was the way you worded it "I always try to complain as much as possible right before my warranty expires so I get things replaced". It just sounded a little bad. There are customers out there who exploit the system. They know pay is based off the survey and some use it to blackmail and get what they want.

That's exactly why i responded the way I did. The phrasing in that context made me think that you were one of those people who complain about every little item in a 50k mile car right before the warranty runs out just to get stuff replaced at no cost that really shouldn't be since at 50k miles, things are going to be wearing out. There are people out there like that, I experience it daily and it irks me to no end.

So anyway, I apologize for assuming the worst, I just went on what you wrote and how you phrased it and you have to admit, it could be construed the way I thought. I think you'll find that if you look at all my posts on here, I"m always trying to help as much as i can based on my experience working on these cars. It's just that some things really **** me off and I have no problem telling anyone what it is!
Old 06-27-08 | 08:53 PM
GS_OREO
Pole Position

glad you fixed your car for $200!

But in defense for the stealership, if they did clean your throttle body, and that same cel return a week later, the customer would be out $200+ on top of his original bill.

But I do agree, $4500 throttle body replacement is outrageous!