CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

shops for maintenance in alhambra / monterey park?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-08, 11:20 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts
Default shops for maintenance in alhambra / monterey park?

hey guys, i know a lot you are in that area, do you have any good shops to recommend for services? my friend has a is300 (not into mods) and dealerships are expensive. she wants regular maintenance so wants to see if she can get quality services for better price

thanks!
Old 07-10-08, 11:31 AM
Dan_K
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Henry, good thread. I wouldn't mind to know one either. I drive my car to the La Canada area or Torrance. Although for simple stuff, I have a place in Monterey Park. Even with mods, this guy REALLY knows his stuff but tends to lean on the conservative side regarding fixes. Alignment/chassis/wheel stuff, I have a place near by as well although the previously stated place would handle it.
Old 07-10-08, 09:33 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

dan, can you give me contact of the guy you go to? i suppose fluids change are cool with him?
Old 07-10-08, 10:22 PM
Maeve
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rominl
hey guys, i know a lot you are in that area, do you have any good shops to recommend for services? my friend has a is300 (not into mods) and dealerships are expensive. she wants regular maintenance so wants to see if she can get quality services for better price

thanks!
Call Darren @ 626-282-0644.

He is a very good mechanic and honest. He is the type of guy who will tell you not to repair if you don't have to. He charges fair price for his work. He is an independent mechanic. His shop is right on Valley Blvd. before Fremont Blvd. (Alhambra).

Before I found him, I had called & had looked around to find a good deal and he was the best out there. His quality of work is also superb (I watched him working on my car). You can tell that he knows his job very well. When I explain a problem to him, he knows what is up and what to look for.

When you call, tell him that the guy with the Silver Lexus SC400 sent you, he will take a good care of you. Btw, Darren just worked on my rear wheel bearing & the hub assembly recently.
Old 07-11-08, 09:32 AM
TheMole
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Kerechuk off of Valley in Alhambra does great work and uses oem parts. Dealers take vehicles here when they can't figure out the issues. Probably more expensive than independent mechanics, but a bit cheaper than what dealers charge. It's right by Savoy Kitchen so you can have some hainan chicken while you wait.

Kerechuk Motor Service
(626) 308-0811
120 E Valley Blvd, Alhambra, CA 91801
Old 07-11-08, 10:13 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

thanks guys, i am forwarding this to my friend so she can check them out
Old 07-11-08, 01:26 PM
Dan_K
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry but I suggest against Kerechuk. They may be honest and good with Hondas but they'll treat your Lexus like it's a Honda by using inferior parts. Just my experience.

Haven't dealt with "Darren" but will give it a look. What is the name of the shop? West or east of Fremont?

Henry, e-mail sent. Hope all is well.
Old 07-11-08, 02:28 PM
sgv_bum
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you can try tony auto svc in rosemead on valley. he does maintenace work for my car and my family n friends cars. only person i trust to do my maintenace work beside lexus.
Old 07-11-08, 06:08 PM
TheMole
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan_K
Sorry but I suggest against Kerechuk. They may be honest and good with Hondas but they'll treat your Lexus like it's a Honda by using inferior parts. Just my experience.

Hmm that's interesting. Everytime I have been there for my sc300 they have the oem part numbers on the invoice. I'll have to look into it next time, but thanks for the heads up.
Old 07-11-08, 09:30 PM
Maeve
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dan_K
Haven't dealt with "Darren" but will give it a look. What is the name of the shop? West or east of Fremont?
Gilbert Motors
1919 W. Valley Blvd.
Alhambra, CA. 91803

I might be mistaken, but I think "Gilbert" is his last name (Darren Gilbert).
It's a small shop. If you're going west on Valley toward Fremont, the shop is located on the right hand side - across the street from "A1 Auto parts".

Since he is an independent mechanic, I would suggest you call him first to see how busy he is. I had to wait 2 days until he had time to work on my rear wheel bearing, but once he is on it, you can count on his word when your car will be ready & done properly. I think it's a "first come first served" basis. I also bring my OEM parts to his shop and he is cool with it.