CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Pepperdine, USC, LMU??

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-08, 04:39 PM
hapaboy
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i was considering all 3 schools. being from hawaii i chose LMU because of it's small size (i think they've expanded by 1000 undergrad) and proximity to the airport.

pepperdine is on a hill, although, is their MBA program in culver city? i hated walking and parking especially, at pepperdine. it's such a sterile campus. but it has a great view, and the volleyball players are sometimes hott. it's not a very diverse student body. but if you like affluent blondes, then you'll be fine. i know sever guys who did the MBS there, and they said it was fine. if you can house sit for a mega home around pepperdine, then you have a score, but this is becoming less of a trend.

USC, i shoot a lot at sc, i love the campus, and frat row. but going 3+ blocks away from the campus (towards the south and west) is less warm. you could walk to staples center! they have new parking structures and a very diverse student body.

for LMU you would be at the hilton school of business, so there's always plenty of paris jokes. infact, there's hilton posters up all over the place. parking is OK there, there might be a short walk that you would have to do if the under-grass structure is full. i liked the diversity of the student body. think skin tones of catholicism. it's pretty quiet during hours. the library sucks, but they are in the process of building a new one, which will be completed in a year+. the neighborhood is aging, and lincoln blvd. sucks butt. to the west there is a new housing development akin to a gated community, and then to the north you overlook the atrocity of playa vista planned community. it's all pretty quiet (except for some airplanes) in the hood, with a great sushi bar and tower pizza near by. ralphs and bristol farms are near by also.

goodluck!
Old 07-30-08, 05:02 PM
t0e
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Let me some it up for you......

Originally Posted by hapaboy
i was considering all 3 schools. being from hawaii i chose LMU because i liked the diversity of the student body. think skin tones of catholicism.

pepperdine is on a hill, but it has a great view, and the volleyball players are sometimes hott. it's not a very diverse student body. but if you like affluent blondes, then you'll be fine.

goodluck!
Nate, I never knew, that you were such an ASTUTE researcher, of college scenery.
You N E R D!
Old 07-30-08, 06:36 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

my vote is for my alma mater... USC.

i was last there in 2004, and it has changed dramatically since. can't say the same for the nearby neighborhoods, though.

a few things about USC that makes it worth considering:
- it is literally in the heart of LA. to the immediate north, you have koreatown. up figueroa, you have staples center/LA convention center and chinatown. slightly northeast, you have little tokyo. up the 110, you have pasadena. take the 10 east, and you have east LA (some of the best mexican food) and west san gabriel valley (some of the best chinese food). take the 10 west into culver city and west LA. there's nothing much south and to the immediate west (unless you think the ghetto is tourist-worthy). LAX is ~20 minutes away.
- it is more diverse than it comes off. i thought i'd be joining a bunch of rich white folks, but the students are from every ethnic/economic sector. btw, USC was voted school of the year by time magazine in 2001.
- the campus is safer than it appears. despite the fact that USC has an open campus policy, campus security and LAPD work hard to make sure staff and students are safe. back then in the '92 LA riots, although LAPD locked down USC and made it a safe haven, immediately prior to that nearby neighborhood committees made it a point that USC was not to be disturbed in any shape or form.
- and as you're looking to get an MBA... marshall school of business. top 10 in the nation for graduate business degrees. IBEAR MBA program recognized internationally. local fortune 500 companies headhunts regularly at marshall.

oh... and one more thing.
- USC football. 'nuf said.
Old 07-30-08, 06:40 PM
lexusscturbo
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

USC parking lots FTL if you have multiple vehicles..They don't want you to re-stick their parking sticker on there...

They want to renovate the areas around USC but the inhabitants won't let them. The local spokes people for the residents are stating that its degrading to them.

USC Trojans>UCLA Bruins

Also the USC Diploma will help you at work places
Old 07-31-08, 06:51 AM
lfeharri
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. I will apply to all three, plus a few back ups this coming December. My first choice would be USC.. but those "affluent blondes" seem very attractive haha. I will update when apps come back!
Old 07-31-08, 08:40 AM
FRANK!!
Rookie

Try UCLA cmon now! ur a bruin!! Anyways i dont know too much about MBA. Im still in UCLA studying for my BA. After I get my BA, I am going to apply to UCLA medical school. Political Science with Pre-med lol thats my major
Old 07-31-08, 11:40 AM
IS_NIICE
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay
Pepperdine ALL THE WAY BABY !!!! hahaha....

BA & Master of Psy baby !!!
this is true. im currently undergrad at pepperdine. but there's just something about USC..that i find really attractive. i may transfer there but probably not, im in one of the most beautiful cities in the US...
Old 07-31-08, 12:50 PM
jayy178
Rookie

im going to USC for my mba right now and they definitely look at your work experience as this brings a better experience to all the students (to discuss in classes, etc)

I believe the average age was 28 (~5 years Work exp). As far as name, USC and UCLA dominate in teh southern cal region out of all the schools you've discussed.... pm me if you want more info