CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Tommy @ Musicbox, El Monte (The Mother thread)

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-10, 08:08 AM
Individual
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Looking forward to meeting Tommy today at 10am. I will be installing my megan coilovers and HID fog kit. Unfortunately the right side fog connector burnt due to my nokya 2500k bulb, I assume because that's what happened last time to me =( . I wonder if he can fix that?

Just came back from Music Box. First off, Tommy is outstanding with his work and is very friendly. He was able to install my coilovers and HID fogs within within an hour and a half, He then asked me if I wanted to install LED parking lights because it matched my low beams instead of having that dull yellow bulb, so I said sure. I was then chit chatting with another IS owner who came in and then next thing you know, Tommy's like "Hey come check it out," and I said "Holy crap! done already?". He is very detailed with his work and asked me to check everything out before it was done to make sure I was satisfied. Great fellow to chit chat with, made the time pass by very fast! I would go back to him for future installs.

Last edited by Individual; 02-21-10 at 02:57 PM.
Old 02-21-10, 04:41 PM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

I needed some spacers at the last minute right before the President's Day Meet.

I called around on Saturday and most shops were closed. The ones that were open did not stock the ones that I needed.

I called Tommy and he somehow as the exact pair that I needed used: 15mm and 20mm.

Tommy waited for me and got them on my car in no time despite my rusty hubs

Result

Old 02-25-10, 06:59 PM
HERBos
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

tommy said that ALL GFX LIPS are messed up on where the left side is not flush with the bumper( there is a lil gap between the lip and the bumper where the lip turns and comes to an end)...is that true? i asked him about it and he told me that all of them were like that and he was surprised i did not know...y would they make the gfx lip not fit perfectly with the bumper makes no cot damn sense...
Old 02-25-10, 11:29 PM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by HERBos
tommy said that ALL GFX LIPS are messed up on where the left side is not flush with the bumper( there is a lil gap between the lip and the bumper where the lip turns and comes to an end)...is that true? i asked him about it and he told me that all of them were like that and he was surprised i did not know...y would they make the gfx lip not fit perfectly with the bumper makes no cot damn sense...
I am not familiar with that lip but that is just part of life when it comes to aftermarket fiberglass parts
Old 02-26-10, 12:22 AM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by HERBos
he's installed enough of them to know and be able to tell you that.

Originally Posted by xknowonex
I am not familiar with that lip but that is just part of life when it comes to aftermarket fiberglass parts
it's actually an oem lip.
Old 02-27-10, 06:36 PM
P Weezy
Lexus Champion

went to Musicbox today, and had my Pioneer double din installed. Tommy is a great guy, knows his stuff....definately going back for my work done pretty soon.
Old 03-15-10, 01:52 PM
RCLex24
Driver School Candidate

Just wanted to give Tommy@Musicbox credit for a fine job on installing some Tanabe springs on my car.
Old 04-04-10, 01:51 PM
hidfanatic
Driver

Hey does anyone know if Tommy can install UAS? If so, has anyone had theirs installed by Tommy? Thanks!
Old 04-05-10, 03:56 AM
skyyos
Driver

Received 31 Likes on 12 Posts

I went to Tommys about 2 weeks ago getting my invidia pipe on my 3gs
Old 04-07-10, 03:04 PM
loftus112
Pole Position

Does anyone know if any of the members here went to Tommy to get their interior CF wrap installed? If not, is there anybody here that is local can help me do the wrap? Of course I will be paying you but must do a Great job though. PM me if you or someone you know can help, thanks.
Old 04-07-10, 03:06 PM
n0th1ng
Lexus Test Driver

i can help you ... ive did mine its not that hard once you know how to handle it
Old 04-07-10, 03:36 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by loftus112
Does anyone know if any of the members here went to Tommy to get their interior CF wrap installed? If not, is there anybody here that is local can help me do the wrap? Of course I will be paying you but must do a Great job though. PM me if you or someone you know can help, thanks.
why not get a good shop like aerotect to do it?
Old 04-07-10, 04:00 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,063 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by loftus112
How about Aerotect if its Vinyl like wrap.....

Joe Z
Old 04-07-10, 04:37 PM
loftus112
Pole Position

Yea, I'm going to order the CF from Aerotect but prefer to get hooked up on installation price wise if someone local can do it just as good, why not right?
Old 04-08-10, 09:37 AM
fr0st
Pole Position

can Tommy do tire mount/balance?

Quick Reply: Tommy @ Musicbox, El Monte (The Mother thread)