CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Tommy @ Musicbox, El Monte (The Mother thread)

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-09, 10:04 PM
SoCal35
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gemini1
Tommy's is directly across the street from south el monte high school..
Nice! Thanks for the tip
Old 05-19-09, 10:05 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCal35
Well, Tommy said 1PM was cool, but I've never driven there before. I'd be coming from the South OC area and prolly leaving around noon.
Cool.

I might see you there...

( MINI MEET!!! )
Old 05-19-09, 11:01 PM
bombermani
Pole Position

No mini-meet today since it's a Tuesday buttttt Tommy did install my lights in his usual fast and reliable fashion. I gave him my car and bam! All done within like 30 minutes (give or take). Great guy!
Old 05-19-09, 11:33 PM
AM1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

tommy has installed most of the stuff in my car....
Old 05-19-09, 11:54 PM
600rr05
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tommy = honest and very fast i for sure will have him do any work i need done to my car....
Old 05-20-09, 04:02 PM
ISFTW
Driver

I've got a 10am appointment this Saturday to have a front lip installed. Hope to bump into other CL members while I'm there.
Old 05-20-09, 04:52 PM
DaKi3241
Lead Lap

hey guys. I just got back from Tommy's... Didn't meet anyone there but I saw a dropped of Black Onyx IS350 getting some halos done there. I witnessed everything from Tommy installing it while I wanted to get my navi override done from him. Dang, bad luck for the IS350 bc the AAC halos were cracked in the bag before Tommy could install it.

For future references, if you have those fragile AAC halos, make sure they are in good condition instead of giving Tommy a hard time (he managed to open the housings and painted the chrome to matte black. After that, opened the bags and realized the halo was broken. ) GL to the IS350 and hope you can get full refund!

Aside from that, I love my ML nav override he installed for me under 15 minutes! (Those of you with ML navi.s make sure to get it done by him!)
-Click switch to unlock destination & phone section to input anything you want in 1.5 minutes.
-Ipod (I have the Vais tech. intergrator), CDs, DVDs, and AC are all unlocked FOREVER

Got my LUMENEX Halos (NOT AAC...), HID fogs, Parking City LEDs, and much more installed by him. VERY reliable
-David

Last edited by DaKi3241; 05-20-09 at 04:56 PM.
Old 05-20-09, 09:20 PM
ISFHAHA
Check your PM - SALES ISSUE

Originally Posted by DaKi3241
hey guys. I just got back from Tommy's... Didn't meet anyone there but I saw a dropped of Black Onyx IS350 getting some halos done there. I witnessed everything from Tommy installing it while I wanted to get my navi override done from him. Dang, bad luck for the IS350 bc the AAC halos were cracked in the bag before Tommy could install it.

For future references, if you have those fragile AAC halos, make sure they are in good condition instead of giving Tommy a hard time (he managed to open the housings and painted the chrome to matte black. After that, opened the bags and realized the halo was broken. ) GL to the IS350 and hope you can get full refund!

Aside from that, I love my ML nav override he installed for me under 15 minutes! (Those of you with ML navi.s make sure to get it done by him!)
-Click switch to unlock destination & phone section to input anything you want in 1.5 minutes.
-Ipod (I have the Vais tech. intergrator), CDs, DVDs, and AC are all unlocked FOREVER

Got my LUMENEX Halos (NOT AAC...), HID fogs, Parking City LEDs, and much more installed by him. VERY reliable
-David

Hey man. For the nav override. Is it you can watch DVD while driving ? What kind of the kit did you installed ?
Old 05-20-09, 10:30 PM
DaKi3241
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ISFHAHA
Hey man. For the nav override. Is it you can watch DVD while driving ? What kind of the kit did you installed ?
Hey! DUDE best installment ever by far...

What you need....... NOTHING.

Go to Tommy, and he will do some wire work behind nav and woala. Simple. He installs a simple on off switch to overide navigation and phone for 1.5 minutes to imput anything you want. Then it will lock again for GPS tracking service.

For audio, dvd, ipod, ac, you get full overide forever annnd you can do all the possibilites while driving.

kit i installed... if you mean the Ipod thing, its a Vais Technology kit. Not sure what it is but it came with the car :P
Old 05-21-09, 07:47 AM
AristoPra
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ISFTW
I've got a 10am appointment this Saturday to have a front lip installed. Hope to bump into other CL members while I'm there.
I have a 12pm appointment this Saturday to replace the rear stock speakers w/aftermarket and install an amp to power the front and rear speakers and leave a pair of subwoofers w/him so he can custom make a box to fit in between the rear strut tower bar on my 98 GS400.
Old 05-21-09, 01:10 PM
ISFHAHA
Check your PM - SALES ISSUE

Originally Posted by DaKi3241
Hey! DUDE best installment ever by far...

What you need....... NOTHING.

Go to Tommy, and he will do some wire work behind nav and woala. Simple. He installs a simple on off switch to overide navigation and phone for 1.5 minutes to imput anything you want. Then it will lock again for GPS tracking service.

For audio, dvd, ipod, ac, you get full overide forever annnd you can do all the possibilites while driving.

kit i installed... if you mean the Ipod thing, its a Vais Technology kit. Not sure what it is but it came with the car :P
Cool, will get mine done soon from Tommy.
Old 05-22-09, 02:49 PM
lexus5703
Driver

woo woo...Tuesday at 12 gettin my front lip installed!! yay
Old 05-27-09, 10:47 AM
lexus5703
Driver

Default finally met tommy...

and i love my new front lip
Old 05-27-09, 01:21 PM
joeker
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

can tommy install me some LED door handles?
Old 05-27-09, 01:27 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

the question is, what can't he do?

Quick Reply: Tommy @ Musicbox, El Monte (The Mother thread)