CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Longo Lexus - - Horrible Experience (2 times in the same week)

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-08, 07:15 PM
vipermann1
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Longo Lexus - - Horrible Experience (2 times in the same week)

Well, Longo managed to upset me as a customer again.
This time ....2 times in 1 week.

Here is the story:

1st Story: (Thursday)
1 - First, I was interested in a used LS430 which they had on their web site. I called ahead and a made an appoinment to see and drive the car. (Mind you, I am over 70 miles away from Longo Lexus). I test drove the car, and generally liked it. Salesman gets paged and says, "Ill be right back I have another customer waiting for me. Just wait here".

** Well, I waited for over 15 minutes in the new car area. Agghhh!!! ***
THIS IS HOW YOU TREAT A CUSTOMER WHO WANTS TO BUY A $46,000 CAR!!!

I drove off, and when I reach the corner of the street, the calesman calls me and says, "Hey, I saw you driving out, I am sorry, can you come back so we can work the deal?"........yea right.

2nd Story: (Monday)
I was pissed off at the sales person, and decided the car was good, and called back.
This time I asked for a different sales guy. Another sales person said, let me check and I'll call you back. He called back and said car is sold. I said, "Are you sure?, it's still on your web site. Oh yes it's sold, were Longo #1 sales for Lexus, we sell cars so fast here!!".....

Two days later, I see the car on the web site still.
I called Longo again, Sales person said, "Yes, car is available"....

Seriously, how hard is it to get a decent salesperson????
You would think in a slowing economy, they would want to try and work a deal with every customer.

Instead of building a new facilities, they need to spend some time training their sales people.

P.S. I opted not to post the sales peoples names, but if Longo Customer Service calls me or e-mail me, I'll be more than happy to give them the names.

Thanks,
UZY
vipermann1@yahoo.com
Old 08-20-08, 09:04 PM
CAIFAN_64
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

you should e-mail the dealer. anyways did you buy the car????
Old 08-20-08, 09:17 PM
4ntvings
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

sorry to hear about your bad experience.

i just had them replace my actuators last week + got a loaner while waiting for it to be done. i must've reminded the SA 10x not to wash my car (on top of the fact i plastered a poster inside my car-DO NOT WASH) my point: work was done well and service/communication was a-ok...but then again, my work was all under warranty
Old 08-20-08, 10:01 PM
Peter_95
Lexus Champion

dang that sucks.... its sad when customer service is no good.
Well.... did you buy the car? haha
Old 08-20-08, 10:59 PM
sr20mofo
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

It sucks that you got bad service but....

You drove over an hour to get to longo and was upset that you had to wait 15mins then left? I understand that you had an appointment and the SA shouldve given you his full attention. I wouldve just ask for another SA to help me out.

Then the SA calls you back but yet decided that since he/she made you wait that it wasnt worth going back? Mind you that you drove over an hr, 70miles, 10bucks of gas 1way to get there. C'mon bro was your integrity hurt that bad that you just drove back home, I know its about the principle and all that but seriously? And now the following week decided to give it another go?

Some SA not all are pretty ummm lets just say not the sharpest tool in the shed. You also have to realize that when you called back and ask for the car that it might have been sold but not updated on their system. Longo has a huge facility and not every SA knows whether a certain car is sold or not, they just check the "database list" and spits out over the phone to you what they see.

I also had a bad experience with longo when purchasing my IS350, I walked in with a T-shirt, shorts, and flip flops.... no one paid attention to me and when I asked to test drive a IS350, the front receptionist who was chatting with another basically rolled her eyes. Needless to say I purchase my car from another dealer.
Old 08-20-08, 11:15 PM
AM1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

longo sucks. i know people who worjk at other dealers who say they are hard to deal with and such. i would never buy from them ever.
Old 08-21-08, 09:14 AM
mikemareen
Lexus Test Driver

wow that sucks.

it's probably best to deal directly with used car sales manager over email.

chances are, if the car is the color combo u want, then it's probably in good shape as dealers like longo will make it look pristine.

buyer has leverage now with 8 cylinder vehicles and high gas prices, don't let it **** u off. ls430's are not exactly a rare bunch of cars.
Old 08-21-08, 10:59 AM
GS3Tek

Received 165 Likes on 126 Posts

Sucks that those salesmen are idiots. He has another customer-so what does that make you...a waste of his time???

Is this the one? It's listed at $41k.
Not too many people are jumping into the V8s. V4 are all the madness
http://www.autotrader.com/dealers/dd...5&cardist=7808
Old 08-21-08, 11:07 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

Wow Lexus makes V4's?

On another note. I love how people that do not have direct experiences with a certain establishment are quick to judge. Especially when it's on a he said/she said basis. If you don't have direct or personal experience with a certain business or establishment, you're really not qualified to make a good judgement call on how a business offers their services. It's just like being an eyewitness to an accident you weren't involved in and only heard through word of mouth...and you're trying to make a statement or argument to a judge as if you were directly involved. It's just like me saying Honda service sucks and it's horrible, but I don't own a Honda. Don't be a bandwagon jumper.
Old 08-21-08, 11:11 AM
mikemareen
Lexus Test Driver

and 41K is kinda steep, u can get a 05 to 06 with about 30k to 40k miles for pretty low now.
Old 08-21-08, 03:03 PM
GS3Tek

Received 165 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by flipside909
Wow Lexus makes V4's?

On another note. I love how people that do not have direct experiences with a certain establishment are quick to judge. Especially when it's on a he said/she said basis. If you don't have direct or personal experience with a certain business or establishment, you're really not qualified to make a good judgement call on how a business offers their services. It's just like being an eyewitness to an accident you weren't involved in and only heard through word of mouth...and you're trying to make a statement or argument to a judge as if you were directly involved. It's just like me saying Honda service sucks and it's horrible, but I don't own a Honda. Don't be a bandwagon jumper.
Sorry for the confusion there Ryan.
I was in the market last month looking for a 4 cylinder car for my sister in law. Prices were almost firm everywhere, from used to new cars. With that said, the V8s weren't selling and I got a pretty good deal on my LS430.

I also had a similar situation when I was shopping for my lexus way back then. However, I went and complained to the manager and they made sure I wasn't treated like that again.
Old 08-21-08, 03:44 PM
lexusscturbo
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mikemareen
and 41K is kinda steep, u can get a 05 to 06 with about 30k to 40k miles for pretty low now.
Its a UL.... hence why its more
Old 08-21-08, 04:29 PM
vipermann1
Intermediate

GS3Tek,

Thanks for the advise.
I am still trying to get the car from Longo (but trying to find a new sales guy).

Also, found other cars similar, but I don't feel like driving to San Diego to pick it up. (But if I can save some $$$, I definately will).

Thanks,
UZY
Old 08-22-08, 07:28 AM
VELLANOLEX
Driver School Candidate

Default Test Them

Longo Lexus gets mixed reviews bad/good. Its who you know and who your comfortable with. Myself the service advisors are OK. The sales guys are bad. I walked in there looking to buy a LEX and i dressed like a "gangster " or like i was going to rob the place..lol On purpose!!! I do this everytime i go buy a car. no one helped me ! even when i asked !! so i went to san diego lexus same way i got help before i even closed the door on my car going into the parking lot. so i bought there of course. I also bought a mercedes awhile ago same way dress like a thug and put these guys to the test if they discriminate. And when i went to lease my exotic car i did the same thing i went there with shorts a bandana on my head a white t shirt didnt shave . got treated like a million bucks.. just a FYI ..
Old 08-25-08, 07:26 AM
Stormwind
Racer

Originally Posted by VELLANOLEX
Longo Lexus gets mixed reviews bad/good. Its who you know and who your comfortable with. Myself the service advisors are OK. The sales guys are bad. I walked in there looking to buy a LEX and i dressed like a "gangster " or like i was going to rob the place..lol On purpose!!! I do this everytime i go buy a car. no one helped me ! even when i asked !! so i went to san diego lexus same way i got help before i even closed the door on my car going into the parking lot. so i bought there of course. I also bought a mercedes awhile ago same way dress like a thug and put these guys to the test if they discriminate. And when i went to lease my exotic car i did the same thing i went there with shorts a bandana on my head a white t shirt didnt shave . got treated like a million bucks.. just a FYI ..
LOL at the desciption.

next time you should carry a duffle bag...about the size of an assault rifle and a ski mask around your neck to complete the look.