CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

EOS 7 SoCal to NorCal convoy afterthoughts

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-08, 09:49 PM
pinoychris
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by edfrsd

caption this..
PWN3D BY PATRON!!! so sad... omg, i was dead during the meet, i didn't take any pics.
Old 09-23-08, 09:56 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

To the SoCal crew,
I really appreciate all your support of this NorCal event.

Rest assured , next year we will continue to take care of you guys and step up the hospitality if anything. You know the drill, so it should be cake to all the vet EOS attendees.

Instead of Harris Ranch I might suggest taking an extra hour and going down 101 and stopping by the Mt. Madonna Inn for your meal. Santa Barbara is also more pleasing than anything between the grapevie and Harris.

Given what happend to you at dinner, you would of still come out ahead going down 101.

You guys are all part of our NorCal extended family.

We'll be down your way some time between now and the next EOS, possibly the Presidents meet.

Thanks Again

Glen
Old 09-23-08, 10:05 PM
RMMGS4

Originally Posted by projectdna
we stopped in, got gas, reloaded for the home stretch, and left. for that, i am immensely grateful that bakersfield exists.

whatever you've read/heard about EOS, it is all that and more. it is worth waking up @ 4 AM to make the drive. as a matter of fact (and fyi)...

- the saturday socal convoy departed ~5:15 AM
- the EOS staff & crew were at stevens creek lexus @ 6:30 AM
- the rest of the socal contingency was there @ 8 AM

plenty of bleary-eyed people (most of them were out-of-towners)... you'd fit right in.
Your really hardcore to commit to that rigorous schedule and I'm glad we made it worth your wile.

At the end of the day, I know EOS is only half the fun, the road trip and the comradarie of your NorCal and SoCal crew makes for an experience that WE KNOW others who haven't done it are TRULY missing out big time.
Old 09-23-08, 10:11 PM
RMMGS4

Originally Posted by javyLSU
A HUGE thanks to our NorCal brethren for hosting a fantastic event. More to come soon, we're all still driving home...

If you haven't made it out to an EOS event (I say event because this is no ordinary meet) you're truly, truly missing out. This year we had two convoys, and by and large (from what I've heard so far) they went without any problems. Thanks to T-Rex06 for heading up and organizing the Saturday convoy for you guys that couldn't get off of work on Friday... Let's get those pics up now!

Javier
Jav and Terr, thanks for leading the way for the rest of your crew up to NorCal.

You guys are the best.
Old 09-23-08, 10:13 PM
RMMGS4

Originally Posted by JamesN
Glad all you guys got home safely. This was my first EOS and I'm sure had a great time. Love the convoy.
James,
glad you made it and that you enjoyed your first EOS.

We need more clean SC's like your reppin.
Old 09-23-08, 10:17 PM
RMMGS4

Originally Posted by GGP4me
At my age it takes me longer to recover from a drive of this length... therefore it takes me awhile to recover from my 0130 arrival home, so i post now:

Thank you to the Saturday convoy for letting me tag along in the journey. It was somewhat un-incidental (other than the one traffic stop; and me bottoming (hard) my JDM lip in that McDonalds pothole, OUCH) but the company and chatter on the two-ways made the drive enjoyable. This is the fifth EOS for me and each years convoy continue to increase. Thank you JamesN and Terrance in leading us there safely and to the others for making the trip enjoyable. (Terrance, JamesN +1;Phil +1;Chris,Ben, Kenny, Mike;Tommy/Rita; Ray; Wil +1; Joe +family) <hopefully my memory hadn't failed me naming the convoy participants>

The attendance and events continually improve and makes the event day go by so quickly. Thank you to the Norcal family for the gracious invitation.

The trip home on Sunday was memorable as well. The convoy started at 1645 and we arrived a varying times home depending on location. The freeway traffic was perfectly flowing and un-incidental for me. I am not sure how Edgy will respond as.

I think the most memorable moment for the majority of the Sunday convoy would have to be the dinner @ Harris Ranch. We were there for THREE Hours for the "aromatic" atmosphere and "wonderful" service.

I think Javy would so much recommend their Patty Melt. Which one of these ( or) would he pick?

Thank you to ALL the contingency of the Saturday and Sunday Convoys to and from EOS. I THANK YOU. I go to these EOS s yet continually come home empty handed in terms of pics. I will post me pics later

DONE... as I took at total of ZERO pics but I have the memories. Let continue to Show Norcal that SoCal is hardcore and the distances will not hinder us in representing SoCal at EOS. Again thank you to Norcal for the invite and the SoCal convoys for letting me tag along in the trips.
James,
we're both getting too old for this, but these young guys keep us going.

I appreciate your support over all the years. You are the Senior EOS SoCal attendee in more ways than one.
Old 09-23-08, 10:20 PM
RMMGS4

Originally Posted by edgy
Ed, Terence, Ray, James, (both of ya!) Tommy, Jason, etc etc... ALL youse guys it was great to meet you if hadnt' met before & I look forward to seeing you all again

TERRENCE .. .we need to get together & do a PROPER PHOTOSHOOT

SOON... before my car gets jacked up......

time for a nap. i am soo freekin tired still

i'll post up more from the ride home later... my car is fine but ah....evifdently a little GLITCHY to say the least, i discovered.
I guess this was the perfect test of all the work on it i have done the last 2 years.... i am just PISSEd that it wasn't perfect..

& i am sure the issue is a problem with the ECU managing the Airflow from not only the SC but also the larger 80mmTB .... it is strange that i never had this issue all the way up there & it only started when we were leaving Harris Ranch...i can't imagine what changed between catching you guys at HR & leaving 3 hours later... maybe my car was pissed for being left in the STINK for 3+ hrs...but what ever it is....the system now feels it has to "go limp" like a beeeoaach eveery 20 miles or so.....

but i WILL figure it out & fix this sumbeech fo sho.

BIG THANKS to Edfrsd & his bros for hanging with my lame *** car for the last 120 + miles!! i know i would have done it for any of you also... but i also know how fried we all were & I owe youse guys some beers or what not for your moral support!!!

we are now fairly intimate with the details of the side of the road on hiway 5 about every oh...20 miles or so....

sheesh

Ed my old friend.
I'm so glad you made it back. We never have enough time to talk and there is no more SJGP, but now that I have your number again, I hope we'll be in touch more often.

Glen
Old 09-23-08, 10:23 PM
RMMGS4

Originally Posted by T-Rex06

Of course, thank you to everybody who made this event happen and for all your hard work and dedication. We wouldn't be talking about this good memories if it wasn't for you guys. I had to take off early since I had to work at 5 am on Monday. I'm still wired up. Even though I'm feeling like crap right now, I can honestly say I had no regrets driving up north and back. Thank you again.

Terrance

Terrence, glad you made it up once more. Your enjoyment makes all the hard work worth it.

Old 09-23-08, 10:26 PM
RMMGS4

Originally Posted by edfrsd
No problem.. I just wanted to make sure you was ok. Im sure you would have done the same for me. Kinda lost you after that last stop we did. Hope you figure out the problem. My brothers and I was worried about you going uphill with a truck to your right and not having any throttle.

Im still thinking about the Ribeye and my decision to get the prime rib... I'm sure I will stop over at Harris ranch again.. maybe with a respirator too.

Oh yeah.. that football game I had to go to last night wasnt bad either.. lol good times...

Glad you made it home safe..

-ed(gar)

Ed,
I remember several years back when you attended the BOS meet we had up in Sacramento.

Being that Sac is another 2 hours further from San Jose and you are on the south end of the state is a testament to your enthusiasim.

A big salute to you sir for your continued support.
Old 09-23-08, 10:30 PM
RMMGS4

Originally Posted by Ay-nako
Skye sent me a text last night around 2am, yes shes got a cl s/n but she NEVER goes on, posted up a few times but that was it, the text read " You wont believe what the **** happened...................... i actually logged on to cl !" I could not stop laughing!
David,
I remember when we first met at the SinCity meet. Skye was there by your side then as she is now.

You gotta hold on to a woman that supports our "habit".

I'm also glad to see you FINALLY up in NorCal , so we could return the favor of your hospitality you gave us while in Vegas.

I'll surely see you guys in the coming months.

PS- Fix your phone and PC and we'll be all good.
Old 09-23-08, 10:34 PM
RMMGS4

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
It's 2AM. Just got home. I'm pooped!
Philip,
it was great to finally meet you at Jay's and now see you back up at EOS.

Here's to many more road trips and GTG's
Old 09-23-08, 11:36 PM
edfrsd
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RMMGS4
Ed,
I remember several years back when you attended the BOS meet we had up in Sacramento.

Being that Sac is another 2 hours further from San Jose and you are on the south end of the state is a testament to your enthusiasim.

A big salute to you sir for your continued support.
Thank you for having me and my brothers. Im sure we see each other again and hope we have more time to just hang out.

here are the rest of the pics, sorry there wasnt many .. I was too busy talking to all the friendly norcal members:

http://picasaweb.google.com/edfrsd/EOS92108#

http://picasaweb.google.com/edfrsd/ConvoyToEOS#
Old 09-24-08, 07:42 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by RMMGS4
Philip,
it was great to finally meet you at Jay's and now see you back up at EOS.

Here's to many more road trips and GTG's
Oh yeah! Cheers!!
Old 09-24-08, 08:22 AM
XtrabOoSt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by emoshun
She looks pregnant...
-Nuttin Wrong Wit That Son!..*
Old 09-24-08, 09:08 AM
IS250HuNnY
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by emoshun
She looks pregnant...
hahahha thats exactly what i was gonna say!! theres a bun in the oven!

Quick Reply: EOS 7 SoCal to NorCal convoy afterthoughts