CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Ontario Street Race Bust

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-08, 01:28 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

while i agree that they should take the racing to a track, most of those cars wouldn't even pass inspection.
Old 10-01-08, 04:07 PM
link13
Lead Lap

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by 4ntvings
^
perfect reason to take it to the track instead. as some have noted, illegal street races will never die. this has been going on for over half a century. busts will happen every now and then; whether big or small. be careful guys.

o/t: ontario races mid 90s. i had 2 friends running (prelude vs civic, iirc). long story short. accident = 1 air lifted to nearby hospital and other taken by ambulance. both cars totalled. it was a mess with a lawsuit and broken friendships. take it to the track.
Agreed 100% on taking it to the track. The only time I ever raced my AE86 was down at Terminal Island, but that's long gone, I'm sure. Sorry to hear about your friends. That's a tough lesson. As for me, I see more clearly now at 37 than I did at 23. It's an amazing thing.
Old 10-01-08, 11:05 PM
cbrasian
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

agreed on taking it to the track but still b4 faf came out i was street racing as well... though i will make a point while i with taking it to a track i will say in their defense...almost everyone when we were 16-25 have either participated in or watched a race going on it is just a part of growing up we all know the consequences of our actions and I have to admit it was fun....of course there are always gonna have incidents where bad stuff happens but thats just the luck of the draw...i seen cars crash, i seen people die, i seen motorcycles gone flying, and i've seen / participated in the bad side too fight with baseball bats being swung, shootings, chick fights etc...its just part of growing up and being stupid because we didn't think better about safety and taking it to the track..... just think though if there was no street racing going on or even the thoughts to make the car faster... do you think the after market industry would be as big as it is...without them there wouldn't be turbo kits available or supercharger kits around on the streets....they are the base level of enthuists for any car group regardless yes they are stupid but its all part of growing up and hindsight is a b***ch, but damn least i had my fun being stuipd and didn't get hurt

Last edited by cbrasian; 10-01-08 at 11:09 PM.
Old 10-01-08, 11:36 PM
AM1
Lexus Champion

^^speak for yourself. i never participated in a organized street race or watched them either. back in the day i would be at the tracks. and this was back in 92 or so........back when everything was smaller.
Old 10-02-08, 12:28 AM
cbrasian
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by AM1
^^speak for yourself. i never participated in a organized street race or watched them either. back in the day i would be at the tracks. and this was back in 92 or so........back when everything was smaller.
then umm guess my post doesn't apply to you but if you fully read my post i made a statement saying almost everyone so your just not part of everyone and this was from 96-2002 and i didn't say its a smart thing to do either so take it easy ok.....no need to get so agressive lol

Last edited by cbrasian; 10-02-08 at 12:43 AM.