CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

more garbage from lexus of westminster

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-08, 08:36 AM
xuningshen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default more garbage from lexus of westminster

This dealer should be called Toyota of Westminster.

My family owns 4 lexus'. my mom has an RX, my bro has a GS, my dad an LS and i have an IS, all white haha

anyway, my bro goes to install the IPOD integration dealer thing and they quote him 300 bucks, he goes thru with it no problem, he takes it home. and then tries it out, and guess what... it doesn't work properly, it overlapped with the Sat Radio. Ok so the dealer KNOWS that it doesn't work right with teh sat radio so why didn't they freaking realize it? anyway they make him come back and they take out the sat radio and they fix it, done deal

my mom goes to install it at westminster (idk why, especially after they screwed up the installation on my bro's) and they quote her at 400 bucks what the hell? apparently they misquoted my brother on the price, (not our fault, its their stupidity) so after asking them to give us the same price manager or whatever says ok 10% discount, done deal.

Now i got into a car accident, my independant body shop orders all their parts from westminster (i wish they didn't) and my ECU is on back order, the dealer gives me the freaking run around on when the part will be here. they said september 12th the first time, after it never showed up, i called lexus corporation customer satisfation line to get their attention. which it finally did, then the dealer said it would be here on the 24th for SURE, the parts dude said that he got this from way up high, managers or whatever, and he wasn't given the run around, and what do u know it doesn't show up. FINALLY i call the damn dealer and talk to the manager, and she says sorry this sorry that, lexus LOST the freaking ECU, and apparently they cant' find it to this very day. so they did a critical order on it, and i got mine friday finally. if that part came when it should've my car would've been done 3 weeks ago, so lexus corporation gave me a letter for a free 40k mile checkup at any authorized dealer, which i really appreciate, but u can bet ur *** i'm not taking it to lexus of westminster to do the service. they also give me a 50 dollar day, up to 7 days reimburstment on rental, which i can't even use because i'm not 21.

and finally YESTERDAY, my mom had the TPS tire pressure light thing turn on, so my mom took it to westminster in the morning (i don't know why she keeps doing it) and so she is waiting for them, and they come out saying "we lost your car keys"

SERIOUSLY what the hell? they lost my mom's car keys what a bunch of idiots. so they give her a loaner car and she goes home while they try to find it. later in the afternoon they ask her to come bring the second key so they can make a copy so i come back with her to talk to the people.

so we get there and then after a few minutes they said that they found the keys... they attached it to another customer's key chain by accident, and he took it home and didn't notice untill later, so he drove back and returned it to the dealer, (Thanks dude appreciate u returning the keys very much. but how did u not notice u had an extra set of keys on ur chain when u took ur car back?)

so they said they would wash and wax the car and return drive it back to our house for us, so we didnt' have to go thru the trouble of driving back.

so after that i go to talk to the parts manager i guess it was. I tell him all the **** that they have done to our cars, and poor quality work when they have these "SERVICE FIRST" signs EVERYWHERE in the dealership, when service is apparently last on their list.

since i cannot use the rental reimburstment i try to get a discount on an F-sport intake. He says that he can give it to me for 290...... thats the same price they quoted my brother a month earlier when he installed his ipod thing, so that had no discount on it? WOW then he drops it to 275, and says some stuff like they dont' make much off of the intakes blah blah blah, we're only human blah blah blah, we make mistakes too blah blah blah. but seriously! they ALWAYS screw something up when we have taken our cars there, i told my mom not to but she did anyway cuz it was convienent, on the way. my bro isn't taking his car back there, and i definately am never.

the guy didn't take me seriously because i look like a kid, but thats hardly the case, he'll be taking us seriously after he hears from lexus corporation when they get a nasty letter with all these complaints.

i just had to share my experience and anger at this wannabe lexus dealership... and i'm mad that the lexus corporation is the one who is paying for it, by giving me the 40k mile service and rental reimburstment, and not the dealer they just sit back and say sorry we're just human.

my god this is a long post hahahaha
Old 09-30-08, 09:12 AM
link13
Lead Lap

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

Wow. I am exhausted from reading that.
Old 09-30-08, 10:27 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

i am surprised you were still trying to ask for a deal on the intake. crap i'd even pay more to get it somewhere else with good service
Old 09-30-08, 10:53 AM
masboy
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

damn thats a long post...im running out of air...

anyway, yupe i'm with rominl on this....why you even bother try to ask for deal w/ them ? man...if I were you, I won't even bother looking at their face after 1st time they screwed you up...
Old 09-30-08, 01:13 PM
GoldGS3
Pole Position

Sorry to hear that more CL members are getting such poor treatment from Lexus of Westminster.

Instead of complaining to the management who are morons, send your complaints to outside agencies, like:

• California Department of Consumer Affairs. Bureau of Automotive Repair (B.A.R.), 10240 Systems Parkway, Sacramento, Ca 95827. 800-952-5210. www.autorepair.ca.gov
• California Department of Consumer Affairs. http://www.dca.ca.gov/disclaim.htm
• California DMV. www.dmv.ca.gov
Old 09-30-08, 02:16 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

sorry to hear you got the doghouse treatment from lexus of westminster. i've dealt with charlie sarno @ lexus of westminster both times i took my car in (30k scheduled + unrelated warranty), and i've left as a happy customer both times. but i think you need to look at the big picture and come to the realization everyone else in this thread has...

not to be unsympathetic, but:
- if you got jobbed the first time at lexus of westminster, okay, shame on them.
- but you got jobbed a second, third, fourth, and fifth time? quite honestly (and unfortunately), shame on you.

it probably was coincidental that you didn't get what you thought you should have gotten, but don't you think you should've just avoided them outright after the second time? in short, why do you and your family continue to give them your business?

learn from your mistakes and start frequenting another dealership. if you're not satisfied w/ the service you receive, wait for the follow-up call and calmly and civilly let them know that you weren't satisified (no one cares about a raving and ranting madman). and it would help if you befriend a service advisor or two.
Old 09-30-08, 02:32 PM
xuningshen
Lexus Test Driver

"and finally YESTERDAY, my mom had the TPS tire pressure light thing turn on, so my mom took it to westminster in the morning (i don't know why she keeps doing it) and so she is waiting for them, and they come out saying 'we lost your car keys' "

when i said i don't know why she keeps doing it, i meant i don't know why she keeps brining her car back to westminster. she doesn't know any better. the only reason why i bothered going over there and talking to them is because she had to go and drop off the spare key so they could make the copy.
Old 09-30-08, 02:46 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

Lexus of Westminster suck donkey *****.

The parts sold there are WAAYYY overpriced. $12 for a bottle of ATF when it cost me $4 through Toyota??? Crazy stuff I tell ya.
Old 09-30-08, 03:09 PM
link13
Lead Lap

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by projectdna
not to be unsympathetic, but:
- if you got jobbed the first time at lexus of westminster, okay, shame on them.
- but you got jobbed a second, third, fourth, and fifth time? quite honestly (and unfortunately), shame on you.

Exactly. I had a disappointing experience with Lexus Mission Viejo (now Park Place) years ago. I brought the car back so they could fix the original problem that they didn't fix and the service writer blamed me for giving him a bad diagnosis. I pointed out that I am not the one paid to diagnose the problem. Anyway, they eventually fixed the problem, but the second experience was also unsatisfactory overall, so I'll never go back. Folks have told me the dealership has changed for the better. Well, good for them. My business goes elsewhere.
Old 09-30-08, 05:48 PM
ghettoaww
Lead Lap

sorry to hear about your experiences with lexus of westminster...I only dealt once with the parts dept... K3RRY was really good to deal with.
Old 09-30-08, 06:02 PM
kayotik
Lead Lap

Yeah, the only "good" experiences i've had with Lex or Westminster is thru "K3RRY"

Sorry to hear about those bad experiences!
Old 09-30-08, 06:13 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by xuningshen
when i said i don't know why she keeps doing it, i meant i don't know why she keeps brining her car back to westminster. she doesn't know any better. the only reason why i bothered going over there and talking to them is because she had to go and drop off the spare key so they could make the copy.
(bold for emphasis)

let me get this right... you've been twice-burned by lexus of westminster, yet you not only fail to not tell her about being twice-burned, but you also fail to prevent her from bringing her car back to lexus of westminster?

not to be unsympathetic, but you should've been avoiding them already, and making sure your family members avoid them also. the reason why you've been jobbed that many times is because you or a member of your family kept going back to them.

i'm sure you realize now that hindsight is 20/20.

another thing (and still playing the devil's advocate)... for them to offer reimbursement ($50/day x 7 days = $350) for rental car fees is to compensate for any inconvenience that their little mix-up might have caused. granted, you can't use that, but have you brought that up to corporate? also, as a matter of fact, for them to throw in a free 40k service is already above and beyond an "i'm sorry".

however, i don't see how that little mix-up - or even you getting shafted in your experience at the lexus of westminster service department - translates into a discount on f-sport parts. maybe unless that little mix-up involved an f-sport part. again, it's unfortunate that you've gotten such poor treatment there. however, just because of so does not mean that you are privy to make what most people would consider unreasonable demands.

i hope you are a sensible person, and that you'll have better experience as a lexus owners. at least let reason prevail, even if you are miffed at what happened to you and your family.
Old 09-30-08, 08:05 PM
t0e
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

//Rant Rant Rant Rant//....

I hate the Stealer-ship, when it comes to service...

I and do my best to avoid them as much AS POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-30-08, 11:24 PM
BenLS460
Pole Position

Well I got to admit that i got a problem with westminister as well, i been calling them for weeks on the Tom's body kit and they kept telling me that they will call me back and weeks past by without a single call, so in the end i went elsewhere to get wald bodykit. their sale department also screw up, just because i am young, they refuse to give me good service
Old 10-01-08, 01:12 AM
AM1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

rather then add to the pile, i dont like the comparison that its like a "toyota" dealership. seriously, get off your high horse cuz nobody here cares. the toyota dealership near where i live has always been very good and has very good prices for service. sure the toyota dealer doesnt have a fancy lounge like the lexus dealer but then again the services are usually 50 percent or more cheaper and usually using the same parts or similar parts to what the lexus dealer uses. i bought my vaistech ipod adapdter from vaistech for around 200 or so then paid 50 bucks to have installed at bestbuy. why anyone would spend over 400 dollars to have the dealer do it is beyond me. like i always say if you are mad at the high prices at your local dealer, go to a toyota dealership and save $$

Quick Reply: more garbage from lexus of westminster