CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

iDesigns/Import Image in Walnut, CA...Horrible...AVOID at all cost...spread the word!

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-08, 07:44 PM
sr20mofo
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexiss_sc430
I'm not surprised, with all of you guys who are for authenticity and getting what you pay for, the guy paid $250 to install and paint a body kit, he is a moron for thinking he will get quality work done and he deserves what he got.
That’s what’s wrong with most people in this world, they want to pay half price and get 10x the value, granted I have replica wheels and always look for a bargain but I don’t go around and whine when the item I buy at half price is flawed or looks different than the original. I still get complements on my car because everything is done with out cutting corners, yet I don’t have any high priced items.
The kid wants to mod his car, then pay someone the right amount of money to do it right, don’t go to someone who gives you a dirt cheap price and then bit** and moan about not getting good work done.
I second this!

Yes the shop owner does **** poor work but when you get quoted $250bucks to paint and install a kit on your car, do you expect it to come out even descent? Hate to see something like that done to a beautiful car but the owner got what he paid for. That Z is ruin.
Old 10-03-08, 08:26 PM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

That sucks.

In fairness, the body kit looks like a complete piece of crap.

Looks like it was painted on the car. Some of the fitment issues
were certainly caused by the crappy body kit.

The old mantra holds true:
Cheap work is never good.
Good work is never cheap.
Old 10-03-08, 10:23 PM
pingu
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
Old 10-04-08, 02:59 AM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

holy sh.t

that makes me wanna barf.

and i have never barfed looking at something before. not even bloody dead bodies.

that shop needs an 'accidental' gas explosion
Old 10-04-08, 06:59 AM
IS350jet
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sr20****
I second this!

Yes the shop owner does **** poor work but when you get quoted $250bucks to paint and install a kit on your car, do you expect it to come out even descent? Hate to see something like that done to a beautiful car but the owner got what he paid for. That Z is ruin.
I disagree. $250.00 would have bought this guy 10 times better work than that. This install looks like it was worth about $25.00, no more. I keep thinking that this is some kind of joke and that the kit was installed by some pimply faced teenager using parts from a J.C. Whitney catalog and a couple of cans of RustOleum. I almost refuse to believe that this work was done by a shop, although, nothing surprises me anymore.
Old 10-04-08, 09:24 AM
1_alterdis
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He screwed me on a past project, I was ****ed for over $4k , car never got finished....................car could not be finished in less I was going to spend like 6k to another shop........car was a 04 Ford Focus SVT Euro
Old 10-04-08, 09:37 AM
Peter_95
Lexus Champion

Here's a little something.... got it from a friend

=)
Old 10-04-08, 09:58 AM
Checkk
Driver

I don't know why you guys keep on saying $250. That was the initial quote, it ended up being $730.
Old 10-04-08, 10:10 AM
ILOVEGIRLS
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

regardless of price. i dont believe that any person with any type of logic would do something like this. cmon, the screw arent even straight... any idiot would think that you would have to line them up. tell me this is a joke... it just doesnt make any sense.

and, why in the world would you pick your car up looking like that? id call the police and say this dude vandalized my car!
Old 10-04-08, 12:58 PM
t0e
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ILOVEGIRLS
regardless of price. i dont believe that any person with any type of logic would do something like this. cmon, the screw arent even straight... any idiot would think that you would have to line them up. tell me this is a joke... it just doesnt make any sense.

and, why in the world would you pick your car up looking like that? id call the police and say this dude vandalized my car!
I might be arrested if this were my car!..
Old 10-04-08, 01:19 PM
aznxenon
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

i wanna cry man....
Old 10-04-08, 02:06 PM
Ay-nako
Stop the Copy!

Received 112 Likes on 52 Posts

incredible ive been reading all sorts of fourms and seeing this guy doing all kinds of shotty work wow I cant belive that people still go to him , **** -up after **** -up
Old 10-05-08, 12:20 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Ay-nako
incredible ive been reading all sorts of fourms and seeing this guy doing all kinds of shotty work wow I cant belive that people still go to him , **** -up after **** -up
true, it's beyond me why people still go there

but even funnier? the shop is posting on forums replying, like they know what they are doing
Old 10-05-08, 12:58 PM
CrazySC300
Lexus Champion

Yowzers! What crappy work that turned out to be. I have a friend that can do a job 100x better than Mike and his shop...And get this, My Buddy can do it for far less than $200 and he does it from the convenience of his own home. I always go to him whenever I need some bodywork done.
Old 10-05-08, 01:04 PM
CrazySC300
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by PHML
Originally Posted by Mike@iDesigns
Listen guys,

I doe gurate wurk. I tell da guy that if he pay me the monies he wans to pay which$250.00 that I would send his car over to Gato's Backyard Repair and Paint. He's never dropped his car off at my chop befure. As a chop owner, I am good. I do great werkz. I wuld not leeb my keez in da handz of a guy dat owns a slow nissanz. I meanz Comon. The paint did good.

This is mai portable chop:

This is da chop were i go to werk and make car pretty:

I am painteng da car abuv wit yellow jdm paint. It cost money cuz i ship from japon. nismo4lyfe.

Here is my guy putting some wheel shine on da tyres, da owner wants da stretched luuk.

I dooes bery guud work. this guy want sheep job at my chop so i geeb him da cheep job at my frend gato chop.

If u guys want wurk done to ur caro, call me.

vroom vroom.

xoxo mike

=========================================================================================
Jesus H Christ!!!! I just read this and came up with the conclusion that I can eat a bowl of Alpha-bits soup and literally crap out a better essay than what he can write out of my ***, LOL!

This dood needs to learned how to spoke England!

Quick Reply: iDesigns/Import Image in Walnut, CA...Horrible...AVOID at all cost...spread the word!