CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Irvine Meet

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-08 | 10:23 AM
mcamson
Pole Position

Default Irvine Meet

Hello fellow neighbors,

I'm interested in dropping my car with the Tanabe NF210s, but am a little apprehensive about doing so because of a lack of camber kits out on the market.

If anyone lives in Irvine or close by and would be kind enough to show me how their car looks after dropping it on NF210s, I would appreciate it. This would give me great resolve before I drop my car and put 20" wheels on it.

If you can, I'm sure I can throw in a free lunch at a local fast food place (IN-N-OUT or whatever you like)

My cell is (213)700-0152

Thanks!
Old 10-05-08 | 01:12 PM
CrazySC300
Lexus Champion

Funny how you should mention this, considering that I was at a Bad Religion concert last night out in Lake Forrest...All I can say about Tanabe NF210 springs...is that you should NOT get a set! I have them on my car and I feel as though I've wasted my money...Not only is the drop too conservative (Still looks stock) but for some reason, the passenger's side will sit higher than the driver's side (Since I'm assuming that these springs were originally meant for a Japanese car with RHD) and the front will still sit higher than the rear...Just save your money for a set of adjustable coilovers.
Old 10-05-08 | 04:11 PM
chrispy

NF210's don't lower enough to need a camber kit. Any shop can get your camber in spec with the factory adjustment if you're only lowered an inch. Also, camber kits are available so that's not anything to worry about either.
Old 10-05-08 | 07:08 PM
mcamson
Pole Position

Originally Posted by chrispy
NF210's don't lower enough to need a camber kit. Any shop can get your camber in spec with the factory adjustment if you're only lowered an inch. Also, camber kits are available so that's not anything to worry about either.
I thought camber kits weren't available yet for the 3rd Generation (2006 GS300).

I'm still interested in seeing what they look like in real person. Can someone show me really quickly? I would appreciate it.
Old 10-05-08 | 07:16 PM
chrispy

Originally Posted by mcamson
I thought camber kits weren't available yet for the 3rd Generation (2006 GS300).

I'm still interested in seeing what they look like in real person. Can someone show me really quickly? I would appreciate it.
Oh sorry I totally thought you were talking about the 2nd gen. I don't know about the 3rd gen but I know that NF's don't lower enough to need a camber kit.
Old 10-05-08 | 09:08 PM
4ntvings
Lexus Fanatic

an inch drop is nothing; might as well keep it stock.
get some DFs LOL
even better, get some coilovers!
best, go AIR!
Old 10-06-08 | 09:56 PM
mcamson
Pole Position

I've heard of plenty of people switching out their DFs for NFs cuz the DFs have way to much camber wear on the tires and they're too low. I've seen pics of the NFs and think I'd be happy with the drop. I use to have a fixed up RSX TYPE S and it was lowered and the reason why I got a Lexus was for the smooth ride and nice looks. I don't want to sacrifice ride quality.

So if anyone would be kind enough, please please, let me take a look at your car in person. Like I said, I'll buy you food for doing so.
Old 10-06-08 | 10:17 PM
BenLS460
Pole Position

Smile

I have the NF on my LS460 LOL, it is the only thing available for now haha... i guess i can send u pic....or if u wanna see it for ursef im in manhattan bch... Contact me at Rachaphon.mmc@gmail.com oh and it is more like a 2 inches drop for me....
Old 10-07-08 | 07:26 AM
mcamson
Pole Position

Can anyone in Irvine or anywhere in the OC meet up?
Old 10-07-08 | 09:14 AM
912inc
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by BenLS460
I have the NF on my LS460 LOL, it is the only thing available for now haha... i guess i can send u pic....or if u wanna see it for ursef im in manhattan bch... Contact me at Rachaphon.mmc@gmail.com oh and it is more like a 2 inches drop for me....

it might be the only company making springs for the LS460, but there are few coilovers that's already available for almost one year now.
Old 10-07-08 | 09:37 AM
D1GP
Instructor

Why would anyone just get a set of springs for a Lexus? If you are going to add any modification to your ride, especially a Lexus, wouldn't you spend a little more on a nice set of coil over system?
Old 10-07-08 | 01:38 PM
mcamson
Pole Position

Originally Posted by D1GP
Why would anyone just get a set of springs for a Lexus? If you are going to add any modification to your ride, especially a Lexus, wouldn't you spend a little more on a nice set of coil over system?
1) coilover systems are way more expensive
2) everytime you lower/raise the height you need to get the car re-aligned. that gets pretty time consuming and expensive
3) So far from the pictures, I like the way the NF210s look so why spend more if I don't need to.
Old 10-07-08 | 01:46 PM
4ntvings
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by D1GP
to each their own.
each individual mods their cars to their own particular taste

Originally Posted by mcamson
1) coilover systems are way more expensive
2) everytime you lower/raise the height you need to get the car re-aligned. that gets pretty time consuming and expensive
3) So far from the pictures, I like the way the NF210s look so why spend more if I don't need to.
i'd suggest attending mini meets and/or the larger meets and talking to fellow so cal CL'ers
GL
Old 10-07-08 | 09:45 PM
mcamson
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 4ntvings
to each their own.
each individual mods their cars to their own particular taste

i'd suggest attending mini meets and/or the larger meets and talking to fellow so cal CL'ers
GL
I would like to, but it seems like most of them aren't in Orange County. Do you know of any meets that still go on in Irvine?

I just figured somebody would be kind enough to meet me up really quick to show me the look.
Old 10-07-08 | 11:17 PM
BenLS460
Pole Position

Other than JIC. Does Anyone else do a coilover for LS460???

Quick Reply: Irvine Meet