CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Tint Ticket

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-08, 06:36 PM
BenLS460
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tint Ticket

Hey Guys i have 40% Huoper Optik on My car, and i just got a ticket today... So any advise on what to do??? or is the only thing to do is to take the off
Old 10-07-08, 07:11 PM
masboy
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

oh man that sucks. what i heard, yes you gotta take it off. uggh....I would be pissed if I have to do that on huber optik....
Old 10-07-08, 07:41 PM
cbrasian
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yank the tint off get the ticket signed then retint if you want or get a lighter tint.....
Old 10-07-08, 08:25 PM
BenLS460
Pole Position

LOL thanks man haha but this is the lightest tint huper made ( i Guess)
Old 10-07-08, 08:37 PM
hapaboy
Lexus Champion

you could always have a pol-friend sign off on it and get it stamped and mail it in with $10. good thing is, i didn't have to take the front off.
Old 10-08-08, 01:51 AM
Hil
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think there's a higher fee you can pay so that its not a fix-it ticket..Basically you pay to keep the tint. I think that's what my friend did. He kept his limo tint after a ticket
Old 10-08-08, 02:29 AM
Stormwind
Racer

Originally Posted by BenLS460
LOL thanks man haha but this is the lightest tint huper made ( i Guess)
Where did you get your tint done at? The lightest huypers make is 60%
Old 10-08-08, 07:33 AM
G2GS
Pole Position

Absolutely do not take it off.
Call the court and find out how much the fine is going to be and send them the money. It should be around the same amount as having the tint removed and then replaced after you get the ticket signed off. Why deal with all that.
When I lived in Cali I would get 2 or 3 tint tickets a year, limo tint all round and 35% on the windshield, will do that to you.
So I would just pay the fines instead of dealing with the whole remove the tint thing. Remember that when, if, you replace the tint on the front doors, it may not match with the rest of the car due to fading.
Old 10-08-08, 12:39 PM
BenLS460
Pole Position

Originally Posted by G2GS
Call the court and find out how much the fine is going to be and send them the money. It should be around the same amount as having the tint removed and then replaced after you get the ticket signed off. Why deal with all that.
When I lived in Cali I would get 2 or 3 tint tickets a year, limo tint all round and 35% on the windshield, will do that to you.
So I would just pay the fines instead of dealing with the whole remove the tint thing. Remember that when, if, you replace the tint on the front doors, it may not match with the rest of the car due to fading.
THx a lot, so does this mean that if i pay for the ticket, i do not have to take off the tint or show the car to the court?? because if paying solve the problem then i would just pay... and actually my tint is not that dark but the cop on PV was just trying to give me problem.. he always give tickets to students that go to my college whenever he get a chance....
Old 10-08-08, 01:25 PM
G2GS
Pole Position

That's correct. There is a fine in lieu of removing the tint.
The court maybe reluctant ant at first to tell you the amount as they want you to remove it but if you persist they are obliged to tell you how much the fine amount is.
Old 10-08-08, 03:10 PM
primecut
Lexus Test Driver

Hey wassup man, are you the one I met at VIP status? I'm the one with the blue IS-F.

That sucks about the ticket. PV cops have nothing better to do. Once I got pulled over in PV for not having amber turn signals! Ridiculous. Your 40% is not even dark at all. I think they are just targeting you because you are young and driving a fixed up LS. Plenty of people have limo tints in PV and I don't see them getting pulled over.

Like others are saying, if possible just keep the tint and pay the fine.
Old 10-08-08, 06:42 PM
ALtEZZA_88
Pole Position

Originally Posted by primecut
Hey wassup man, are you the one I met at VIP status? I'm the one with the blue IS-F.

That sucks about the ticket. PV cops have nothing better to do. Once I got pulled over in PV for not having amber turn signals! Ridiculous. Your 40% is not even dark at all. I think they are just targeting you because you are young and driving a fixed up LS. Plenty of people have limo tints in PV and I don't see them getting pulled over.

though i live in PV, its the one place i haven't been pulled over
**knock on wood**
Old 10-08-08, 08:25 PM
BenLS460
Pole Position

Originally Posted by G2GS
Wow THanks A lot mann, i will definitely try that
Old 10-08-08, 08:26 PM
BenLS460
Pole Position

Originally Posted by primecut

Yeah that's me... LOL it sux, but what can we do haha officer hate kids from my school....
Old 10-08-08, 09:31 PM
primecut
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ALtEZZA_88
though i live in PV, its the one place i haven't been pulled over
**knock on wood**
You're lucky!

Originally Posted by BenLS460
Yeah that's me... LOL it sux, but what can we do haha officer hate kids from my school....
Doh. Well hope things work out for you. Did he get you for front plates too? Or do you have one mounted? I was thinking about taking mine off, but I'm not sure anymore!

Quick Reply: Tint Ticket