CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Nov. 2 Street legal Drag 1/4 mile

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-08, 08:37 PM
JamesN
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Nov. 2 Street legal Drag 1/4 mile

Anyone down to go do some 1/4 mile run at AutoClub Dragway in Fontana this Sunday Nov.2? You can come to race or just to hang out and spectate is fine. $20 to race and $10 spectator.
http://www.autoclubspeedway.com/dragway/
Old 10-27-08, 08:42 PM
CrazySC300
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's cool...I'll jus tstick to the Local one in Irwindale...Thanks anyways!
Old 10-27-08, 08:46 PM
bkr300
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats a little too far for me too.
Old 10-27-08, 08:51 PM
JamesN
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by CrazySC300
It's cool...I'll jus tstick to the Local one in Irwindale...Thanks anyways!
Irwindale is only 1/8 of a mile. Not fun enough
Old 10-28-08, 12:51 AM
32SC
Pit Crew

My friend is going to be there on the 1st. Which car are you taking?
Old 10-28-08, 01:16 PM
t0e
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

I will be going finally..

JOE Z better be going!
Old 10-28-08, 04:20 PM
yusef
Lexus Champion

wow thats pretty cheap, and like 15 min from me. ill stop by and check it out.
Old 10-28-08, 05:26 PM
CrazyMPG
Phat Monkey

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

I am going...bringing my IS-F and my friend with his C63 AMG....
Old 10-28-08, 07:44 PM
JamesN
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 32SC
My friend is going to be there on the 1st. Which car are you taking?
My SC.
Originally Posted by CrazyMPG
I am going...bringing my IS-F and my friend with his C63 AMG....
Man... I don't think I'll stand a chance against you guys. But what the heck
Old 10-28-08, 08:32 PM
mr nut
Pole Position

i down, i just wanna see what kinda times i can get. hopefully i can make it out this sunday
Old 10-29-08, 11:56 PM
stevechumo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JamesN
My SC.

Man... I don't think I'll stand a chance against you guys. But what the heck
You'll never know...
Old 10-30-08, 02:10 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,063 Likes on 586 Posts
Exclamation

I don't think I can make to this one gang... but I do want to go when it gets much cooler...

I have two oil changes to get done this weekend...

Be Safe and Read the Below Track Rules!!

- Joe Z

California Dragway Street Legal Rules

Tune Car Radio to 104.7 FM for announcements

ALL NHRA STREET LEGAL RULES WILL APPLY AND GOVERN THE EVENT (NHRA Rule Book supercedes all California Dragway rules)

NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES OR GLASS CONTAINERS PERMITTED AT ANY TIME! If you bring it in a cooler, it will be confiscated.

Basic Technical Requirements
Vehicle must have current vehicle registration; license and a valid proof of insurance (must have all documentation with you at time of registration). Cars can be brought into the speedway on trailers and approved racing slicks are permitted. All vehicles must enter off of Cherry Avenue. The speedway is located at 9300 Cherry Avenue, Fontana. Cost - $10 per person to enter the speedway and $10 for a Tech Card to race your vehicle ($20 total).

Under 18: Anyone under 18 years of age must have a parental permission form completed to race. The form must be signed by both parents unless one parent has sole custody, in that case one signature will be accepted. If the parent(s) are not present on race day, the form must be notarized and submitted at registration. The form must be an original, no photo copies or faxes accepted. New in 2005, you will only need one form signed per year. You will be issued a card which will be good from January to December of the current year. This card must be presented at tech and registration to show you have a form on file.

10-Second Rule: There is a 10-second flat ET rule. No cars quicker than 10 seconds will be allowed. (If you need an NHRA Competition License to drive your car at an NHRA Drag Strip, it is too quick for California Dragway during a Street Legal event.)

Vehicle: No water, fuel, oil or trans leaks.

Electronics: No aftermarket electronic devices allowed (throttle stops, delay boxes, etc.)

Exhaust: Must be routed through street legal muffler(s). All runs will be monitored on a decibel meter (100db at 100" from the strip). If it is too loud you will not be allowed to run. NO EXCEPTIONS! It is your responsibility.

Tires: Approved racing slicks are permitted, as well as street legal DOT approved treaded tires, front and rear required on all vehicles. Tires will be inspected for overall condition.

Wheels: All wheel studs, with lug nuts required. Broken or missing studs/lugs must be replaced before racing. Hub caps/wheel covers must be removed for inspection.

Lines & Hoses: All fuel, transmission, brake and power steering lines must be secure and free of leaks. Neoprene fuel lines limited to 12¿ overall.

Radiator: Overflow catch tank (16 oz. minimum) mandatory on all vehicles and no leaks.

Driver: Must have valid state driver's license. Driver & Passenger: No shorts, bare legs, tank-tops, bare torsos, or bare feet permitted when racing. (Insurance Requirement).

Helmet: Required in all vehicles faster than 13.99 seconds. Helmet must meet SNELL 95 or better standards (must have label inside of helmet). NOTE: In January 2007 the requirement will be SNELL 2000 or better.

Seats: Must be securely fastened to floor or frame with minimum 4 attaching bolt and nuts. No sheet metal screws.

Seat Belts: All cars and trucks must have as a minimum an O.E.M. type lap belt system, securely mounted to frame or floor.

Batteries & Ballast: Batteries must be secured per O.E.M. or with minimum of two (2) 3/8¿ diameter bolts (no straps, bungee cords, wire, etc). Loose ballast is not permitted on the racetrack, so be prepared to empty trunks and interiors of all loose items. Spare tires, jacks, etc. must be securely mounted or must be removed. Tools, jack stands, coolers, loose speakers, wheel covers, etc. are considered loose ballast and are not permitted on the track. If you don¿t need it, or don¿t want to leave it unattended, leave it at home.

Neutral Safety Switch: All vehicles must be equipped with an operational neutral safety switch. The neutral safety switch prevents the vehicle¿s starter from turning the engine over unless the transmission is in park or neutral (or unless the clutch pedal is depressed with a manual transmission).

Nitrous Oxide: Bottles must be stamped as meeting DOT 1800-pound standards and must be securely bolted to the frame or floor (no bungee cords, hose clamps, etc.) All fittings, hoses, etc. must be compatible from same manufacturer, vented to outside of driver compartment.

Roll Bars & Cages: Roll bar required in any vehicle running between 10.00 and 11.49 E.T. (convertibles between 11.00 and 13.99). Roll bar/cage structures must meet minimum NHRA standards as found in the 2004 rulebook.

Motorcycles: Must be registered for the street, front and rear brakes, chain guards, ignition cutoff switch, and functioning snapback throttle mandatory. Any pressurized container (air shifter bottles, nitrous bottles) must be stamped as DOT 1800 pound standards. Leather jacket, gloves and leather (above ankle) shoes mandatory (up to 120 mph; over this speed full leather is required).

Convertibles: All racers participating with convertibles that are quicker than 13.99 seconds MUST wear a helmet.

Note: When elapsed times are quicker than 11.99 specialized racing equipment is required. For example, when a roll bar or cage is required, so is an approved 5-point harness assembly. If you know or suspect that your vehicle will exceed these ET limits, we suggest contacting the NHRA Tech Department at (626) 914-4761 with your questions.

After Tech InspectionMove your car forward and walk to the "Tech Registration booth¿ where you will sign a release of liability, get your restricted area wristband and run card. Once you have completed registration, return to your car to have your number applied to your windows. You may now find yourself a ¿pit¿ location (10¿ X 20¿) max per car.

Hear the CallTune your car radio to 104.7 FM for the PA announcements. All categories will be called to the staging lanes in groups of 50. The group number is on your run card. Please DO NOT come to the lanes until your category is called. Be sure to bring your ¿RUN CARD¿ and have all safety items in place with seat belts on. Also, leave all loose items out of the vehicle.

Staging LanesWhen you are called to the lanes, go to the back of the staging lanes and you will be directed to a lane. At the front of the lane you will be asked for your ¿RUN CARD¿, get it punched and proceed as directed.

Burn-Out/StagingYou will be directed to the ¿water box¿ where a 5 second burn-out is permitted. On the staring line official¿s signal, roll your car forward until the top two small yellow bulbs on your side of the tree are lit. STOP. You are now staged and ready. When the tree is activated, you will see 3 amber bulbs flash .500 seconds apart then GREEN. Try to leave on the last amber bulb for a better reaction time but be careful not to leave too early or you will red-light.

Finish LineAfter crossing the finish line, let off the gas slowly and apply the brakes. Stay in your lane and exit at one of the two (2) exits available, the right lane should exit first even though you may have to wait on them. If you feel you cannot make the first turn off to your right safely, go to the next exit at the end of the track. DO NOT DO A U-TURN ON THE TRACK.

Quiet PleaseIn our continued efforts to be good neighbors, we will be enforcing our ¿zero tolerance¿ policy for decimeter readings over the limit. Please be considerate of what our neighbors think of us when leaving the facility. Drive Safely!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Auto Club Dragway Rain Policy

In the event of rain or precipitation in the area of California Dragway, Speedway personnel will not start selling tickets for spectators until after it has stopped raining. There will be no refunds for spectator tickets once purchased.

For Street Legal racers, if you purchase a tech card and do not get an opportunity to make a pass due to rain, speedway personnel will stamp your run card and it can be used at a later California Dragway race. If you get at least one pass in and have a punched run card, there are no refunds.

Last edited by Joe Z; 10-30-08 at 02:14 PM.
Old 10-30-08, 09:12 PM
yusef
Lexus Champion

wow...ok im backing out, my car doesnt meet requirements for like 90% of those rules..
Old 10-30-08, 10:41 PM
JamesN
Lexus Test Driver

Aww Joe thats too bad buddy. I was really hoping you would make it out.
Anyone, who want to come and roll out with the rest of us can meet us at Yoshinoya parking lot behind Longo Lexus at 8:30am.
Old 11-01-08, 07:01 PM
JamesN
Lexus Test Driver

Sorry guys there will be no track race tomorrow due to the rain. You cannot run if the track is wet. So there will be next time. Thanks

Quick Reply: Nov. 2 Street legal Drag 1/4 mile