CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Wanted: IS-F for friendly runs

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-08, 10:33 PM
SFV335
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stevechumo
That sounds fast. I think stock 335i has 8.8 psi of boost. Double the boost! This puts your 335i into a little more than 400 hp. I guess 420 bhp. Since you seem so secret about the power that you have, here's some info on increased boost of the 335i: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100630

Steve,

That thread is from 2007... BMW is using new software on their ecu's which detect extra boost etc. It trips a code when theres torq above X amount... When I mentioned 360-400 or whatever i was talking WHP. Most fully modded 335's (exhaust, chip, dp, intake, IC) are making 360-425whp, 425whp being on 100oct or such.

Originally Posted by CrazyMPG
haha I got called out...but I will wait till I get my full exhaust system, and the intake pipe...
why wait? Lets do some runs now and when you have your exhaust and intake you'll see how much of a difference it made

Originally Posted by SoCalSC4
Modified 335 versus stock IS-F?

Wouldn't it be more fair to dyno versus a modified IS-F?

I always love the "my modified car will smoke your stock car" wars!

Maybe a lightly modified SC300 would be a more fair comparison:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCLUEzM0cA8

You know, just a turbocharged inline-6?

When the BMW guys can throw-down 900+ rwhp on those motors, I will be impressed.

No one is trying to be tough or start "wars" I just want to see if my car with the mods I put on it will let me keep up with an ISF, beat it or get my *** handed to me.

We all must realize theres always something faster... I'm sure we can all get walked up and down by a boost civic with a swap.

Anyhow, I just ran into an IS-F on the 118fwy, not sure if the owner is on here... Still had the dealer plates. He wouldnt line up and just decided to gun it... so I had to play follow the leader. I believe around 130ish the IS-F began to pull and by 155 he was 1 car length ahead. But then again this was a run from 80....

Still looking for someone to do staged runs, from a stop, 40-120, 60-140?

Hopefully I havent come off as a cocky bmw owner trying to act tough. Again I'm just trying to compare my car to an IS-F and meeting new people.
Old 11-02-08, 11:31 PM
sr20mofo
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

you should PM JeffTSai

im sure he'll gladly do a couple of runs with you
Old 11-03-08, 12:52 AM
t0e
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

I really, don't think this guy is trying to start any wars.

He is merely seeking an opportunity to run against a similar HP car.

I would much rather work with the BMW owners than not at all.

Makes it more fun to work with cars in general.

So please, lets welcome some Manufacture competition

Matter fact!!!!!! I have been wanting to run against some 335i guys, so when you're down let me know... even though i have an is350, i would like to see how much you pull on me ... From a DIG.

IMHO..........
Old 11-03-08, 05:53 AM
SFV335
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by t0e
I really, don't think this guy is trying to start any wars.

He is merely seeking an opportunity to run against a similar HP car.

I would much rather work with the BMW owners than not at all.

Makes it more fun to work with cars in general.

So please, lets welcome some Manufacture competition

Matter fact!!!!!! I have been wanting to run against some 335i guys, so when you're down let me know... even though i have an is350, i would like to see how much you pull on me ... From a DIG.

IMHO..........

Thank you!

Shoot me a PM... could be interesting...
Old 11-03-08, 10:43 AM
CrazyMPG
Phat Monkey

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

haha lets plan a 1/4 mile thing at Fontana Auto Club when the weather is GOOD!
Old 11-23-08, 03:11 PM
SFV335
Driver School Candidate

I just dyno'd 417whp and 403 wtq on a dynojet yesterday. Might have been able to make more power but need to replace my spark plugs...

Where are all the IS-F's?
Is t0e the only person here up for some runs?
Old 11-23-08, 06:00 PM
valgs350
Lexus Test Driver

Look for Chris Burke in the IS-F forum he should be down to run!

I really want to see an IS-F against an E60 M5!

I should have actually got a 535i and then have the dealer Dinan tune it, hahahahaha, regrets!

Last edited by valgs350; 11-23-08 at 06:03 PM.
Old 11-23-08, 06:21 PM
eyezack87
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Friend is in LA tonight. I can get a hold of him and see if he'll run. Keep in mind that this is a real "driven" IS-F. So its had its share of body damage

There are rust spots in the scrapes and a gaping hole where a truck sideswiped him so yeah...
Old 11-23-08, 09:59 PM
valgs350
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by eyezack87
Friend is in LA tonight. I can get a hold of him and see if he'll run. Keep in mind that this is a real "driven" IS-F. So its had its share of body damage

There are rust spots in the scrapes and a gaping hole where a truck sideswiped him so yeah...
LOL

Seems like thats the Transporters IS-F!

Must commute or live in Los Angles by the description of the car!

Last edited by valgs350; 11-23-08 at 10:05 PM.
Old 11-24-08, 12:50 AM
stevechumo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SFV335
I just dyno'd 417whp and 403 wtq on a dynojet yesterday. Might have been able to make more power but need to replace my spark plugs...

Where are all the IS-F's?
Is t0e the only person here up for some runs?
That's very impressive. You must have upped the boost or put in some serious mods.

How about a friendly run against with the turbo SC400 (my car)? I like the 335i a lot and I used to run against a 335i stock when my SC was boosted at about 5 psi. That run wasn't too hard with me. I hope you don't feel like I'm full of B.S. when I said that. But your 335i with that whp is nice indeed and means business, and I'd love to try against your 335i when my car is at 12 psi. The boosted SC400 at 9 psi is only about 340 rwhp, so it'll be fair when it's at 11-12 psi and 400 rwhp. My car is about 90% done for this setup, so if you can wait for a short time, we'll have some fun.
Old 11-26-08, 11:47 PM
SFV335
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by stevechumo
That's very impressive. You must have upped the boost or put in some serious mods.

How about a friendly run against with the turbo SC400 (my car)? I like the 335i a lot and I used to run against a 335i stock when my SC was boosted at about 5 psi. That run wasn't too hard with me. I hope you don't feel like I'm full of B.S. when I said that. But your 335i with that whp is nice indeed and means business, and I'd love to try against your 335i when my car is at 12 psi. The boosted SC400 at 9 psi is only about 340 rwhp, so it'll be fair when it's at 11-12 psi and 400 rwhp. My car is about 90% done for this setup, so if you can wait for a short time, we'll have some fun.

400whp doesnt mean everything... Theres a lot to factor into a drag race... But yes I'm open to do friendly runs with any modded car. You can boost your car to whatever you like or play around with it when we meet... A few runs at 10psi, then bump it up to 12 etc... Should be interesting.

If you live in SFV, we can do the runs any time pretty much. But if your out in 909/949 etc then I'd like to setup a meet with several cars and just do runs against several cars at once...

Send me a PM lets make this happen!
Old 11-27-08, 12:13 AM
eyezack87
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by valgs350
LOL

Seems like thats the Transporters IS-F!

Must commute or live in Los Angles by the description of the car!
Just saw this lol

He lives in Newport Beach, goes to school at UNLV and lives there too (condo). He frequently drives to LA and various other places every weekend. He also goes back to North Carolina sometimes as well. It has over 60K on it and its only a year old

Its a true daily driver. He was bored after the year until he found the "Sport" mode. Now he has a lot of fun again haha
Old 11-27-08, 12:43 AM
valgs350
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by eyezack87
Just saw this lol

He lives in Newport Beach, goes to school at UNLV and lives there too (condo). He frequently drives to LA and various other places every weekend. He also goes back to North Carolina sometimes as well. It has over 60K on it and its only a year old

Its a true daily driver. He was bored after the year until he found the "Sport" mode. Now he has a lot of fun again haha
Yeah, thats my kind of driving!

I wonder f he's driven up north yet, I have family there and each time I have been always discover a new canyon, the one by Laguna Seca is real nice, etc

I had my GS350 for only year and have 37,000 miles but if I had an IS-F, who knows how many miles, hahahaha

Toe and I have been looking for an IS-f to run the modded 335i but "no luck"

I'm tempted to trade my GS in for an IS-F to do a run, hahaha but financially not a great idea right now, lol
Old 11-28-08, 08:59 PM
chrisburke
Lead Lap

i got the F up north right now.. coming back tomorrow afternoon lets have some fun runs...
Old 11-29-08, 01:29 AM
eyezack87
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by valgs350
Yeah, thats my kind of driving!

I wonder f he's driven up north yet, I have family there and each time I have been always discover a new canyon, the one by Laguna Seca is real nice, etc

I had my GS350 for only year and have 37,000 miles but if I had an IS-F, who knows how many miles, hahahaha

Toe and I have been looking for an IS-f to run the modded 335i but "no luck"

I'm tempted to trade my GS in for an IS-F to do a run, hahaha but financially not a great idea right now, lol
He loves driving for some reason. I do too but he honestly has the cash to spare to drive everywhere. I live right by Irvine and every single time he comes to visit me we always go to LA to eat in his car. I get to drive it sometimes but WOW its fun! haha

It'll be an interesting race for you guys thats for sure. Hopefully I'll be around if you guys do run against one another

(I WOULD trade a GS for an F but you are right, not financially smart lol)

Quick Reply: Wanted: IS-F for friendly runs