CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Fire in YL/Corona

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-08, 05:48 PM
Plit
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by akito
some of you should be glad you live nowhere near yorba linda/anaheim hills....im evac'd at the moment and it sucks. unable to go home to a pitch black area with fire still close...my house was about 1/8mi from the fire (fire was at black gold golf course) i live right next to it....i still dont even have a status on the fire hiatus. glad that those are safe... and the most retarded thing ever.... cal state full of tards is still open even tho they know the 57, 60 and 91 are closed and not to mention the local routes used to get to school are always jammed packed in the morning and will only be making it worse since everyone needs to be routed....
my friend lives up there in vista verde off valley view. he says that they tried going back today but the cops closed everything off and said that most likely you can go back tomorrow.
Old 11-16-08, 06:02 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

this hasn't affected me so much (aside from the stand-still traffic and hazardous air quality), but when i heard over the radio that they had evacuated the country in diamond bar i actually was worried, as my aunt and her family live there. we ended up not being able to reach them until mid-afternoon...

keeps things in perspective, i suppose.
Old 11-16-08, 07:07 PM
Hazelrah
Rookie

I was able to go back today. Our house was okay but mostly thanks to my neighbor putting out fires in our backyard.

Our neighborhood got hit pretty hard. It was frustrating because they never covered my area on the news, but maybe it was because the news crews weren't allowed there. I took these pictures all within a few blocks of our house, and there were many more besides these.

Old 11-16-08, 07:16 PM
abounly
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Oh my Gosh thats horrible! hazelrah it was so hard to look at those pictures at least your okay. I cant imagine what your neighbors minds are going through right now. My friend had to evacuate earlier today, hopefully he'll be okay.. and how could that not get on the TV! Send in those pictures hopefully they'll post it on the news.
Old 11-16-08, 09:39 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

my god, sorry to see all those pictures, and i hope those in chino / diamond bar areas that have to evacuate you guys are fine... fire was quite close to our home yesterday as well, let's just say we were packed up ready to leave... it wasn't pretty. ashes everywhere and the air was unbearable to breathe on
Old 11-16-08, 09:47 PM
ISF FAN
Pole Position

Sorry for the loss. These fires have been the worst I've seen in one time period. We awoke this morning to find out the fires had jumped to chino hills...burn to about 1/2 mile from our house. Thanks to all the fire fighters for their hard work...thank God.
Old 11-16-08, 10:56 PM
DWPsc3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damn.. sorry for those who lost their homes.. really sucks to see... i just hope everyone is ok and away from the fires.
Old 11-16-08, 11:04 PM
Downfall75
Lead Lap

I was volunteering with the American Red Cross at the shelter in DBHS. Luckily, no damage had been reported in DB at the time, and the firefighters have said that they need one more day before they will allow people to move back into their homes. As of right now, they say that the fire is in Tonner Cyn and is being contained there. By the looks of it, Diamond Bar should be fine and those of you who have been evaced from DB should be returning to your homes shortly.
Old 11-16-08, 11:08 PM
ekc
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Hazelrah
I was able to go back today. Our house was okay but mostly thanks to my neighbor putting out fires in our backyard.
I'm glad your house was undamaged. I have many friends and ex-colleagues in the Diamond Bar/Chino Hills/Corona area and they were all very stressed out...luckily I haven't heard any bad news from them yet. My condolences to anyone who have lost their homes and/or properties. This is definitely the worst fires I've seen in my 15+ years in Southern Cali.

Let's all hope the weather will cooperate and allow firefighters to put out the fires ASAP...
Old 11-16-08, 11:53 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

seeing those pictures really puts things into perspective...

checking tomorrow's weather, it should be fine (w/ minimal winds). that'll definitely help the firefighters.
Old 11-17-08, 07:16 AM
masboy
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

i felt so terrible when i saw on TV last night and heard on radio this morning about someone who just bought a dream house in Yorba Linda and yesterday was a move-in day, the truck was ready to go....then all this stuff happened

sorry for those who lost their home, please be strong.......
Old 11-17-08, 07:18 AM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 745 Likes on 515 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
my god, sorry to see all those pictures, and i hope those in chino / diamond bar areas that have to evacuate you guys are fine... fire was quite close to our home yesterday as well, let's just say we were packed up ready to leave... it wasn't pretty. ashes everywhere and the air was unbearable to breathe on
+1 I was about a mile away from the fire @ the 57 and I just left to stay with family because the air quality was so horrible.
Old 11-17-08, 12:30 PM
miss_IS300
Lead Lap

I live in Chino Hills off of Soquel Canyon and the houses across to me had to be evacuated when the fire came over the ridge. This is my first time getting online since the fire broke out in Corona/Yorba Linda. I didn't hear that the fire in Carbon Canyon broke out until I left the house Saturday morning and when I came home at 9 in the evening the two fires were headed towards each other and about to connect behind me. I stayed up till Sunday morning with the car packed ready to take off as soon as the fire started coming down the hill. The fire came right up to the backyards of the houses behind me but the backfires that they set saved the area. It was just really scary watching the fire come down because I knew that all those people were still sleeping in the houses and they had to be woken up to be evacuated around 5 am. A electrical tower next to the houses also exploded when the fire came up to it. It was very scary to see all the fire trucks and ambulances going up and down the road here, I had never seen Butterfield Ranch so busy before at night. It was also scary to know that every freeway (91,71 and 57) around me was closed. I am glad to see that no structures were lost in Chino Hills but my condolences go out the families that lost their homes.
Old 11-17-08, 02:33 PM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 745 Likes on 515 Posts

^^ that sounds intense. Glad to hear you and your home made it out okay.
Old 11-17-08, 03:07 PM
masboy
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by miss_IS300
I live in Chino Hills off of Soquel Canyon and the houses across to me had to be evacuated when the fire came over the ridge. This is my first time getting online since the fire broke out in Corona/Yorba Linda. I didn't hear that the fire in Carbon Canyon broke out until I left the house Saturday morning and when I came home at 9 in the evening the two fires were headed towards each other and about to connect behind me. I stayed up till Sunday morning with the car packed ready to take off as soon as the fire started coming down the hill. The fire came right up to the backyards of the houses behind me but the backfires that they set saved the area. It was just really scary watching the fire come down because I knew that all those people were still sleeping in the houses and they had to be woken up to be evacuated around 5 am. A electrical tower next to the houses also exploded when the fire came up to it. It was very scary to see all the fire trucks and ambulances going up and down the road here, I had never seen Butterfield Ranch so busy before at night. It was also scary to know that every freeway (91,71 and 57) around me was closed. I am glad to see that no structures were lost in Chino Hills but my condolences go out the families that lost their homes.

omg...that must be a horrible experience to went through. I'm glad you & your family are ok.....

Quick Reply: Fire in YL/Corona