CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

cellphone ticket in socal?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-08, 02:44 PM
Peter_95
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

woa a friend of mine got one and it cost him $55 bucks! it was his first time too.... I guess it depends on the location?
Old 11-19-08, 03:18 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

I don't know why you're complaining?

He's just doing his job, not like he hit you upside the head with a shiny red brick.
Old 11-19-08, 03:36 PM
roy1928
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it doesn't go on your driving record right?
Old 11-19-08, 03:50 PM
Lexus GS3
Trouble Maker

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Dynasty SC
so i got a cellphone ticket today =\... freaking cop pulled me over 2 blocks from school for talking on my cellphone while driving. lame... furthermore he made me get out of the car (i dont see why) and then when i was standing on the sidewalk he told me to pull my hands out of my pockets.... now im a regular cleancut asian kid... i dont see why i would be a threat to do anything to him....

anyway... to the point.... does anyone know how expensive this ticket is? ive never had a cellphone tikcet before i know it goes up every time.
Its the law man. I remember this new law was announced early this year and goes in effect in July 1st 2008. Even my grandparents who doesnt drive knows about it, and keeps on telling me not to use the phone while driving. Plus there's tons of tv ads, and tv news mentioning about this new law. Your fault for not paying attention. Like others said "pay $20-25 bucks and learn"

I find it funny how the cop made you get out of the car. Haha maybe he thought you were selling drugs on the phone or setting off a bomb near school with your cellphone.
Old 11-20-08, 09:56 PM
GoCatGo11
Pole Position

I think it's 25-50.... Not too expensive but still 25-50 dollars you didn't have to spend on or spend on something you want....
Old 11-22-08, 10:42 AM
El Duque
Rookie

Originally Posted by sirblinks
i think its horsesh1t. ive seen pigs talk on their cell phones while in their cars all the time. especially in El Monte. So if people say, their doing their jobs bla bla, it's bull****. Cops can't smoke while on duty, they do anyways. I dont use a bluetooth or headset, i just put my phone down when i see a cop. of course, when i'm driving all i look for are cops cuz i hate being pulled over and going through their bull**** background check. Although, OC cops have been very nice to me. i got lost and was on my phone and the cop pulled me over for going 80 in the first lane of the freeway, gave me the right directions, said "keep up the good work" since i've been on good behavior for the past 4 yrs and said don't worry about being on the cellphone. maybe you were pulled over by a Sheriff? for the hands thing, cops don't wanna see your hands, they care less. Cops do things to be ******, my teammate is a sheriff in pacoima, and he says he rarely tells them to show their hands, unless he wants to be a jerk. ha ha. it all depends on who pulls you over. the night i got locked up, the cop didn't even tell me to show my hands....but they did say " open your trunk and get out of the car"
Sorry to rail on you, but someone needs to. Your first 2 sentences really say a lot about yourself & your attitude for not just peace officers, but authority in general.

With regards to your own experiences, I find your example of, "...doing 80 in the first lane..." and "talking on your cell phone", yet you were let go without so much as a warning as amazingly positive. Maybe you need to adjust your attitude

Cops DO want to see your hands, especially if they're in your pockets & you're wearing clothing in which to conceal weapons or contraband.

Why is this kid (OP) crying? He broke the law & got caught, it's as simple as that. Man up & take your medicine.

I see far too many 'tards on all the car forums I frequent complain about doing illegal activity & then getting caught. Tough ****, you play the game you pay the price. Do things within the limits of the law & you (generally) won't get burned.

That being said, I do all kinds of things I shouldn't be doing; but I know the difference between right & wrong & take responsibility for my actions.
Old 11-22-08, 11:01 AM
sirblinks
Lexus Test Driver

my attitude is perfectly fine. i never said i was in the wrong, my point of bringing up doing 80mph and being on the cell phone is, cops are different. OC cops and LA cops are totally different. trust me, ive dealt with cops since i was 14, im sure i know what im talking about. yeah i wasn't the "perfect square" that you are, but NO, cops dont want your hands in your pocket, BUT cops dont like you being a wise guy about it. if you start putting your hands on the steering wheel and what not, first thing a cop is going to do is get pissed ( cuz a cop likes making you do things), then assume ok this guy has been pulled over before, let's find out why and give you more crap. Like i said ALL cops are different. the kid got a ticket he deserved, but the law itself is retarded, i still don't see any improvement i still see the same ol retards driving.
Old 11-22-08, 08:38 PM
CrazySC300
Lexus Champion

Since they made it illegal for you to drive with a cellphone on hand, I think it should also be made illegal to put on make-up while driving (That was for the ladies on here. )
Old 11-22-08, 09:56 PM
TomLee
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Dynasty SC
furthermore he made me get out of the car (i dont see why) and then when i was standing on the sidewalk he told me to pull my hands out of my pockets.... now im a regular cleancut asian kid... .
LOL.....you could be a 16 year old girl surrounded with an aura of sunshine and rainbows and the cop would still tell you pull your hand out of your pockets. That's such a risk factor, first off its no even a big deal to keep your hands out of your pockets, but besides that a cop just wants to make sure your not posing a threat with anything i.e. guns/knives
Old 11-22-08, 09:58 PM
TomLee
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by sirblinks
for the hands thing, cops don't wanna see your hands, they care less.

wow
Old 11-23-08, 12:12 AM
sirblinks
Lexus Test Driver

being pulled over for being on your cellphone, YES your hands would be their last concern. pulling you over for something different, then its a different story. wait til you get harrassed by cops and you'll know.
Old 11-23-08, 09:18 AM
cbrasian
Lead Lap

your hands would not be their last concern if your friends cop you should know if they see your hands rummaging around its gonna get their attention... Your railing on them is just your experience and as for them not liking you being a wise ***... don't you think its kind of self explanitory? would you like it if the cop was being a wise *** and said oh looks like your headlamps out? and you reply oh no its not i checked about 5 min ago and he breaks it being a wise *** *****? of course not in order to get respect you must give respect and not respecting the one who can put your *** in jail is just plain stupid. And I'll admit I had huntington beach pd yank me out of my car before and a bunch of stuff and I was young and reckless....I not too fond of them when i see them but you respect the cop regardless... as I grew up in hindsight i was being a dumb *** for doing what I did and not having tact maybe you still need more growing up to do in order to do the same
Old 11-23-08, 10:47 AM
big_blzr94
Rookie

in California the ticket cost is going to end up costing you $90.00. sorry man everyone in California has to get some of that.
Old 11-23-08, 12:01 PM
sirblinks
Lexus Test Driver

now some of you guys are retards. no one said be a wise ***, but you do realize, those who already put your hands on the steering wheel, get ouf of the car, take your hands out of your pocket BEFORE they even ask you to, will make them wonder. your best odds is to sit there, and wait til they ask you a question. no one said be a wise *** you retard. my experience with cops, yes i dislike the ones who just drive around for quotas and pick on stereo types. the cop who pulled me over in OC, let me go cuz he got another call that was MORE important, according to him. and no, if a cop were to be a ***** to me, id bust out my cell phone camera, record it, take it to my lawyer and get as much money as i can. anymore bright ideas? like you said, to get respect, you gotta show respect. just cuz you got a badge, im not going to let some pig humiliate me when i didnt do anything. maybe 4-5 yrs ago, i deserved it. but now, i don't think so.
Old 11-24-08, 05:48 AM
IS250HuNnY
Lead Lap

come to my store ill give u a sick discount on a bluetooth headset

Quick Reply: cellphone ticket in socal?