CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

FINAL 2009 Friday Night Meet @ LONGO LEXUS!

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-09, 02:26 AM
Fobbish
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by t0e
Loving the video FOB!
Thanks tOe, how are the pics coming along?
Old 02-02-09, 09:02 AM
Jay
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Vincent123
so true, i got pulled over the other day and was treated like a criminal (just for tinted windows). Coincidently, I drive a 2GS too and I'm a asian male.. who wouldve thought
OK.... I didn't want to say anything about this (bit off subject), but I have to share this with you all. Last Friday night, Jimmy (IS300) and I left shop headin to Arcadia Tea place. As soon as got on Valley street, I got pulled over by un-marked car. Sheriff"s gang unit supposedly and told me to get out and do their "typical" routine act with 1000 rediculous questions. Their reasoning was my tint was too dark and looking for someone who's an asian and gang affiliated individual ... WTF ?? They did not even answer my question, I asked why didn't they do a quick back ground check using my license plate and etc first. They looked at my ID and notice I live in Dana Point, Orange County, then they simply said... "You're in LA county and this is how we do it here !!!".. OMFG !!!
Ok... after wasted my frickin 30min getting humiliated, I went back on Valley toward Tea place. Turned right on Temple then blk/white cop car heading opposite direction. Then U-turned and on my azz then lit up and got rolled AGAIN. This time he pulled me over b/c my exhaust was too loud.
Either this past Friday was not my night or that area is simply NOT the place to roll with fixed up rides. I don't know.....

Nevertheless, good things is I didn't get any tickets, but the bad thing is that I simply turned around and went home !!!

Sorry everyone.... and yes, I'm an asian male !!

Jay
Old 02-02-09, 09:24 AM
jay@statik
Former Vendor

Love the movie Jimmy! My car was first! hahaha oh yea that's my friend E.

Jay/Vincent: Trust me that happen a lot in SGV, my friend with a 2GS also got pulled over by Gang unit. His car was dropped, tinted and exhaust and of course he was asian too. He got pulled over for tint as well. They just pretty much harass you and ask you non related question to why you were pulled over. The cop that pulled my friend over was asian and tatted down too. Was yours an asian cop too? 2GS in arcadia/el monte is marked as a "gangster car" if you didn't know now you know!

So becareful if you guys have a meet in Arcadia, its random depending on the night and cops on patrol but 2GS is the popular car to get pulled over.
Old 02-02-09, 12:23 PM
Jay
Lexus Champion

Asian cops .. YES.. name tag says KIM (Korean Cop) and partner was a rookie (philipino'ish)... very un-professional ones for sure !! Suggest to go back to jail cell and take a training 101 class again !!! One of my best friend is a cop (FPD) and my own sister is a Fed Agent, I try to understand their motives and duties, yet they were just hard for me to comprehend their action, that's all !

Anyway, SORRY James..... but let me take my wife's SUV and try one more time this weekend !! LOL ! JK.
Old 02-02-09, 12:34 PM
jay@statik
Former Vendor

You should've said "DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?!?!", "I'M JAY FROM CL!, I GOT PEOPLE IN PLACES!" and just cross your finger for the next part either

A. They let u go with a smile.
or
B. Put you in petty metallic bracelets, and take you for a ride in the backseat.
Hahaha jk...

Hope to see you this Friday!
Old 02-02-09, 12:41 PM
IntegresS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Oooh I <3 the video with the D90!

Silent Bob (looks like that's your name now hehehe), sorry I didn't bring the camera this time-- I was so caught up with fitting my wheels in my car (it was no easy task) that I completely forgot about the camera!!
Next time next time.
Old 02-02-09, 12:50 PM
XhyDra
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by t0e
Its right off Huntington drive, just east of Arcadia. Like 2 cities down.

There shouldn't be any STUPID PARKING COPS driving in front of us every 5 minute, also.

I have not had issues with Monrovia PD.

As long as we don't make noise it should be good.

Personally, I think Arcadia PD is more strict ( I got pulled over just cause my car looked nice, according to officer).
LMAO nice!
I might make it out this Friday
Old 02-02-09, 12:54 PM
Jay
Lexus Champion

If we were in adachi, Japan, another thing comin !!!

hahaha... see you this Friday !
Old 02-02-09, 04:02 PM
SLAMDGS4
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by IntegresS

Silent Bob (looks like that's your name now hehehe), sorry I didn't bring the camera this time-- I was so caught up with fitting my wheels in my car (it was no easy task) that I completely forgot about the camera!!
Next time next time.
LOL..i guess it is..nice meeting u in person..yeah i'm a lil quiet at first..i was just absorbing everything..about the pix its kool..next time..maybe paul can hook it up too
Old 02-02-09, 05:00 PM
hapaboy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Fobbish
Thanks tOe, how are the pics coming along?
yea, t0e, how are the pics coming along? having trouble with your 24 port switch are ya?? LMAO!
Old 02-02-09, 05:21 PM
t0e
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

I think I took about 4 shots? hahaha.

Its just the same sh4t, next time if you want to get some exciting shots in, let me know.

James, is the meet going to be in Arcadia again or?
Old 02-02-09, 06:31 PM
EvoIS
Rookie

Originally Posted by IntegresS
Oooh I <3 the video with the D90!

Next time next time.
yeah silent bob, guess your stuck with that name, hahaha, anywho
Fitting those wheels were a pain in the ***....
Maybe ill bring my car out this time now that my "4 friends" are on
although i still think its not worthy....yet...hahahaha
Hopefully we have no rain this week!
Old 02-02-09, 07:14 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

^ if it rains, maybe we should move it back to the alhambra tea station parking structure.
Old 02-02-09, 07:22 PM
EvoIS
Rookie

Originally Posted by projectdna
^ if it rains, maybe we should move it back to the alhambra tea station parking structure.
^+1 i agree!
Old 02-02-09, 07:46 PM
Fobbish
Rookie

I feel bad for jay kinda. cuz every time he brings it up i start laughing. i was in front of jay leading the way! stop at red light then green, go then blue and red.... oh $h1t. around 9 something, jay calls me "dude! i got pulled twice!" me WTF!!! and laughing.

Pics are here enjoy!

dang this next friday im be in SD for a meeting. see you guys next week then haha.

Quick Reply: FINAL 2009 Friday Night Meet @ LONGO LEXUS!