CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

FINAL 2009 Friday Night Meet @ LONGO LEXUS!

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-09, 06:10 PM
SoCal35
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh man I dunno whether or not to finish the Laker game or leave halfway through the 4th!!!
Old 05-29-09, 09:29 PM
renren7
Lead Lap

Yay Lakers win!!!
Old 05-30-09, 12:57 AM
DaKi3241
Lead Lap

hey guys. Sorry that I had to leave early. Parents made it seem like they got into a car crash but once I hurried home... They threw me a surprise congratulatory party for being accepted to USC.
Old 05-30-09, 01:05 AM
renren7
Lead Lap

They threw you a party for getting into usc?
I didnt get anything for GRADUATING from usc lol...

Hey let me know if you need help in anything, i'm gna stay in school for 1 more year and i work at taiwanese student organization helping new student out so let me know if you have any questions
Old 05-30-09, 01:11 AM
DaKi3241
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by renren7

Hey let me know if you need help in anything, i'm gna stay in school for 1 more year and i work at taiwanese student organization helping new student out so let me know if you have any questions
thanks so much =) definitely. My brother also got into usc last year. Cramming 82 units in 1 year at pcc. Wow God just blessed me from such harsh times I had. Very rewarding .Thanks man

Edit (add):
Thanks Jay and Terrance for helping me out. I respect you guys so much for doing the harsh labor while I felt so hopeless trying to change the bulbs myself. One day, I will treat you guys to dinner or something =). Once again thanks so much!

Last edited by DaKi3241; 05-30-09 at 01:41 AM.
Old 05-30-09, 01:22 AM
renren7
Lead Lap

damn 82 in 1 year lol... i think the most i could have done in 1 year at cerritos college probably would have been like 60 or sumthing and its already pushing it lol
I passed by the meet today to pick up some stuff, but i was driving my gf's G so i didnt stay much longer lol
Old 05-30-09, 02:27 AM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by DaKi3241
hey guys. Sorry that I had to leave early. Parents made it seem like they got into a car crash but once I hurried home... They threw me a surprise congratulatory party for being accepted to USC.
congratulations.

from a trojan alum to a future trojan, welcome to the family.
Old 05-30-09, 03:11 AM
gemini1
FNM President

Originally Posted by DaKi3241
Congrats david for getting into SC..
Originally Posted by renren7

Originally Posted by projectdna
congratulations.

from a trojan alum to a future trojan, welcome to the family.
To Daki,projectdna, and renren7.

All I have to say now from a Bruin Alum...

SC Sucks...LoL...j/k.....

Another good friday night meet. Good to see all the regulars and
happy to see and meet all the newbies.

seeya all next week.........

Last edited by gemini1; 05-30-09 at 02:46 PM.
Old 05-30-09, 09:57 AM
and3
Driver

bryan.... where's the donuts??
im starting to think the donuts are just a myth! :P
Old 05-30-09, 12:12 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by and3
bryan.... where's the donuts??
im starting to think the donuts are just a myth! :P
the donuts are more than just a myth. you just have to show up more often than once in a while...
Old 05-30-09, 01:32 PM
SoCal35
Lexus Test Driver

It was a nice seeing people again and meeting new folks. Being my first Friday night meet, I wasn't expecting the structure to be packed! I'll be making out to more meets for sure
Old 05-30-09, 02:18 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

Great turnout everyone, but there's something a few of us noticed last night that needs to be addressed.

There was a group of new meet attendees that were congregated near a compact pickup truck. One of you was leaning on this pickup truck, as if it belonged to you. When asked politely by another one of the CL moderators to not lean on that pickup truck, this person continued to do so until the owner arrived and started his vehicle, visibly disturbed by this person draped all over the tailgate of his pickup truck.

We've been having meets there every Friday for quite a while now, and we're lucky that gentleman last night didn't make of issue of your behavior with the property management. If he had, we would have all been forced to leave, probably deal with police called to the scene, and find a new place for our Friday night meets.

If you can't show more respect for other people's property than that, you are NOT WELCOME BACK.

It's great to have so many members show up to the meet, but please conduct yourselves in a manner that will allow us to continue to meet there and not disturb the residents and businesses that surround. Thanks for your understanding.

Javier
Old 05-30-09, 04:10 PM
tom steele
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry i missed last night took the wife out for dinner thinking it would be quick and 3 1/2 hours later we were done damn melting pot restaurant takes forever but i will be at the supra meet tomorrow for sure nothing is stopping me from being there tomorrow
Old 05-30-09, 04:31 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by javyLSU
Great turnout everyone, but there's something a few of us noticed last night that needs to be addressed.

-snip-

If you can't show more respect for other people's property than that, you are NOT WELCOME BACK.

It's great to have so many members show up to the meet, but please conduct yourselves in a manner that will allow us to continue to meet there and not disturb the residents and businesses that surround. Thanks for your understanding.

Javier
+1

also, please do not use the structure or surrounding/nearby surface streets as your personal test track/drag strip.
Old 05-30-09, 05:14 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by javyLSU

There was a group of new meet attendees that were congregated near a compact pickup truck. One of you was leaning on this pickup truck, as if it belonged to you. When asked politely by another one of the CL moderators to not lean on that pickup truck, this person continued to do so until the owner arrived and started his vehicle, visibly disturbed by this person draped all over the tailgate of his pickup truck.

We've been having meets there every Friday for quite a while now, and we're lucky that gentleman last night didn't make of issue of your behavior with the property management. If he had, we would have all been forced to leave, probably deal with police called to the scene, and find a new place for our Friday night meets.

Javier
I don't think I've ever quoted myself before, but this is extremely important and I want to make sure everyone sees this.

Javier

Quick Reply: FINAL 2009 Friday Night Meet @ LONGO LEXUS!