CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Another Fix-it ticket

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-09, 08:05 AM
UCLAJimmy
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

where can i buy hks hi-power silencer
Old 01-25-09, 05:13 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by UCLAJimmy
will the hks hi-power silencer lower the sound of my exhaust with the resonator deleted.
probably.

you need someone to hold your hand while crossing the street too? /sarcasm

try the HKS website first.

and if that doesn't work, try to find it elsewhere online (search!).

and if you really can't find the HKS silencers, just get your resonators put back in.
Old 01-25-09, 05:19 PM
suicidesam
Lexus Test Driver

HKS Inner Muffler Silencer
Old 01-25-09, 05:44 PM
UCLAJimmy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by suicidesam
thank you for holding my hand lol jp
Old 01-26-09, 11:22 AM
Peter_95
Lexus Champion

that sucks. Some cops just give you an exhaust ticket just because they dont like modified cars. I got pulled over once for my exhaust being too loud when in fact i only had tips put on. Proved him wrong and he took a trip around my car and gave me a ticket for being too low.... yeah i know, i couldn't believe it either, but i still had to get it written off.
btw, how much are fix-it tickets in 2009? i heard they went up....
Old 01-26-09, 11:28 AM
UCLAJimmy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by peter_95
that sucks. Some cops just give you an exhaust ticket just because they dont like modified cars. I got pulled over once for my exhaust being too loud when in fact i only had tips put on. Proved him wrong and he took a trip around my car and gave me a ticket for being too low.... Yeah i know, i couldn't believe it either, but i still had to get it written off.
Btw, how much are fix-it tickets in 2009? I heard they went up....
no way!!!!!!!!
Old 01-27-09, 05:39 PM
exodus_2
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by unit74
Last I heard, the refs were closed B/C of the budget. Anyone know if they are up and running again?

OP... Put the restriction assem. back in and you should pass.
they are closed since goverment ran out of money and i heard they will never going to open it again.
Old 01-27-09, 05:44 PM
exodus_2
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Peter_95
that sucks. Some cops just give you an exhaust ticket just because they dont like modified cars. I got pulled over once for my exhaust being too loud when in fact i only had tips put on. Proved him wrong and he took a trip around my car and gave me a ticket for being too low.... yeah i know, i couldn't believe it either, but i still had to get it written off.
btw, how much are fix-it tickets in 2009? i heard they went up....
ha that's nothing i had my stock as possible toyota celica drove by eclipse gts and cop pulled me over b/c he heard blow off valve???? and on top of that he look at my stock air box and ask me what that is so i told him it's intake and he goes intake for blow off valve????
yeah but you know the freakin law say muffler under 93or 95 db to pass but other one says modified exhaust is illigal. and i know ferrari's and holleys aint below 95 db. so that tells us if cop wants to bother the heck out of you with ticket you can't get away but you still can fight for it. just waste of my time though... damn cops....
Old 01-29-09, 08:09 PM
Peter_95
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by exodus_2
ha that's nothing i had my stock as possible toyota celica drove by eclipse gts and cop pulled me over b/c he heard blow off valve???? and on top of that he look at my stock air box and ask me what that is so i told him it's intake and he goes intake for blow off valve????
yeah but you know the freakin law say muffler under 93or 95 db to pass but other one says modified exhaust is illigal. and i know ferrari's and holleys aint below 95 db. so that tells us if cop wants to bother the heck out of you with ticket you can't get away but you still can fight for it. just waste of my time though... damn cops....
seriously... some cops are idiots! anyways... yo Tony, when can i rock the other wheels and see how they look???
Old 02-02-09, 06:49 AM
BMwhat?
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i dont know where you live but i finally installed my front plates, went to fullerton PD, turned on my car, and got my ticket signed off. I didn't even rev it... just turned it on and walked outside... even threw in the "its not one of those annoying hondas" comment.... (she's in my garage..... muhahaha!!! )

now im gonna carry a copy of this signed off ticket for the next time they try to get me on it.... but then again im sure the cop will just give me a ticket for something else dumb. They never wanna be told they are wrong...

Last edited by BMwhat?; 02-02-09 at 06:56 AM.
Old 02-02-09, 11:04 AM
AM1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

could be worse, cop used to give tickets for having clear turn signals, or even lowering your car half an inch.