CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Good Dealership Service in Socal?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-09, 01:36 PM
gl00mybear
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good Dealership Service in Socal?

I've been doing some searching and I couldn't decide between Keyes Lexus and Westminster Lexus for service. I wanted to get the fuel delivery line recall done (read it on the 2IS forums...) and I was afraid of getting my car damaged (rims,front lip, etc)... Both places seem to get good and bad reviews, but I'm leaning towards Westminster since there are more positive reviews there... Does anyone know if Keyes Lexus is good at handling rims and lowered cars? Keyes Lexus is closer to where I live....
Old 01-28-09, 01:46 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

i understand your concern w/ bringing your car to a lexus service center, but van nuys and westminster aren't exactly close to each other...

unless you happen to live halfway between the two, is there another dealership closer to where you live?
The following users liked this post:
Jeaco (07-15-24)
Old 01-28-09, 01:50 PM
gl00mybear
Driver School Candidate

I live halfway in between. Longo is the closest to me but I read a lot of bad things about them. =X
Old 01-28-09, 02:31 PM
RshaoKh
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just made an appointment with Keyes for the recall. I'll let you know how that goes...
Old 01-28-09, 03:49 PM
lexusscturbo
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

South Bay Lexus does a lot of higher end vehicles..
Old 01-28-09, 04:20 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by lexusscturbo
South Bay Lexus does a lot of higher end vehicles..
higher end vehicles?! there are only so many lexus models out there, the lower ones are all modified

longo is no go for sure. honestly i hardly hear anything good about them (and bunch of complaints)

i go to keyes, and i live in OC. far drive but i have known my SA and tech for years. i trust them with my cars. you can look up how low my sc430, gs400, ls460l, and gs350 are, i never had one issue with them

right now my gs350 is so low their lift couldn't get under. my tech played some tricks to make it possible
Old 01-28-09, 04:38 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by gl00mybear
I live halfway in between. Longo is the closest to me but I read a lot of bad things about them. =X
understandable.

if you go to lexus of westminster, ask for charlie sarno.
Old 01-29-09, 03:23 PM
love67
Lexus Test Driver

i need to go for the recall too, which lexus which i go? im living in Walnut, CA91789. i really don't like longo, they are keeping me way too long, last time i saw my car is done outside half an hour, and they still didn't call my name up. what a joke!
Old 01-29-09, 04:40 PM
lexusscturbo
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I said higher end I meant modified...
Old 01-30-09, 12:11 AM
jayy178
Rookie

ive gone to southbay a few times and think theyre service is great
Old 02-05-09, 03:37 PM
blueyoshi
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by gl00mybear
I bought my car from Longo and their sales department is excellent, but I don't think I would take my car there for service. I called them today for a quote to get an OEM spoiler installed and they quoted me 3 hours of labor to drill holes!!!

How about Cerritos Lexus?
Old 02-06-09, 10:36 AM
masboy
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I had good experience in Cerritos Lexus, went there 3 times when I still have the warranty. I only went there for check engine light.
Old 02-09-09, 03:00 PM
blueyoshi
Driver School Candidate

my car is at newport for service right now. we'll see what happened to it when i get it back. i brought it in yesterday to get an oil change, brake pad TSIB, and aux TSIB done and they gave me a loaner car without any hassle. the first time i brought my car in for service there, the lady seemed reluctant to give me a loaner car for ipod interface kit install... i think they kind of messed up my dash when they opened it up because theres a gap between the middle a/c vents and the top of the dash...
Old 02-09-09, 03:20 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by blueyoshi
my car is at newport for service right now. we'll see what happened to it when i get it back. i brought it in yesterday to get an oil change, brake pad TSIB, and aux TSIB done and they gave me a loaner car without any hassle. the first time i brought my car in for service there, the lady seemed reluctant to give me a loaner car for ipod interface kit install... i think they kind of messed up my dash when they opened it up because theres a gap between the middle a/c vents and the top of the dash...
maybe it's not put back in right (or they took it out incorrectly with too much force)? that piece is pretty tricky
Old 02-09-09, 06:27 PM
blueyoshi
Driver School Candidate

just got the car back from newport. the gap is still there... dunno if they tried to fix it or not. car drives good but seems a bit sluggish. i might just be used to the IS350 loaner they gave me so the IS250 seems slow...

anyway, about the dealership's staff: the employees were always courteous to me so no complaints there.

side note: i went to tidy up my interior when i brought the car back home and found a pair of needle nose pliers in the back (not on the leather seats thankfully). i'm sure those aren't mine hah

Quick Reply: Good Dealership Service in Socal?