CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

San Gabriel shooting

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-09, 01:29 PM
D1GP
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Phil888
I heard this is not the first shooting there!! Just be careful when you see a bunch of civics rolling around that area. Thats why sometimes I dont like to go to meets for this kind of reasons. Alot of haters out there!!!!
WOW, really!? I didn't know CIVICs = Gangsters? I will make sure to watch out for "them" when I am on the road now.

-ignorant sob-

Last edited by D1GP; 02-06-09 at 01:51 PM.
Old 02-06-09, 02:09 PM
SC34M3
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

when it comes to stuff like this...i swear some of you guys are just plain ignorant lol
Old 02-06-09, 02:21 PM
4ntvings
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by IntegresS
There used to be asian gangs in San Gabriel/Alhambra area but I thought that was all over and done with by now =/
they are everywhere

Originally Posted by IntegresS
Blast! Now I can't go to noodle houses without being paranoid
actually you still can, as you have in the past. just do so with common sense, proactive mindset, and vigilance. (sounds like a homeland security commercial)

Originally Posted by projectdna
first of all, condolences to the victim(s).

if this was gang related, i don't think it should come as a surprise to those of us who have grown up or are familiar with the SGV. areas that are highly populated with foreign immigrants/minorities have always been a hotbed for gang activities, and the SGV isn't an exception.

i think all this concern about safety in san gabriel valley is getting blown out of proportion. i don't think there should be a cause for alarm when eating out in the sgv. just avoid smaller restaurants/hole-in-the-walls, and try to avoid going to these places late. case in point, the shooting didn't take place at a crowded restaurant/tea shop at meal times/busy hours/day time, but at 11:15 at night when there weren't that many customers.

the reason i posted this article was to remind those who do frequent 'certain types' of places or similar, thereof, to simply be careful. it's quite unfortunate and a tragedy what's occurred. i dont want this thread to turn into a 'damnation of gangsters' thread. rather just be proactive when going out guys and think sensibly.
Old 02-06-09, 03:30 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Phil888
I heard this is not the first shooting there!! Just be careful when you see a bunch of civics rolling around that area. Thats why sometimes I dont like to go to meets for this kind of reasons. Alot of haters out there!!!!
that's okay. people who like making a scene coming and leaving meets (and thereby attracting unwanted attention) aren't welcomed anyway.

Originally Posted by 4ntvings
i dont want this thread to turn into a 'damnation of gangsters' thread.
remember, we can only assume that it was gang-related, since robbery wasn't a motive in the homicide. and indeed if it was, someone must've done something wrong to end up on the wrong side.

Originally Posted by D1GP
WOW, really!? I didn't know CIVICs = Gangsters? I will make sure to watch out for "them" when I am on the road now.

-ignorant sob-
i always wanted to be a gangster. maybe i should get a civic.
Old 02-06-09, 03:46 PM
ekc
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 4ntvings

the reason i posted this article was to remind those who do frequent 'certain types' of places or similar, thereof, to simply be careful. it's quite unfortunate and a tragedy what's occurred. i dont want this thread to turn into a 'damnation of gangsters' thread. rather just be proactive when going out guys and think sensibly.

Wow it's really an unfortuante tragedy, and you can't help to think you can just be at the wrong place at the wrong time. Kinda reminds me about the Fisherman's Wharf shooting a couple or 3 months ago. You could simply be walking out of a restaurant and get caught in the middle of gunfire...

Then again, it could happen anywhere. I remember living in Lincoln Heights as a kid and hearing gunshots almost every single night...
Old 02-06-09, 04:12 PM
sirblinks
Lexus Test Driver

gangsters dont dress like gangsters do in the past unless you're a youngsta. and believe me, gangsters dont drive in civics...just some ha ha ha.

4ntvings is right, if you go to these places, unfortunately, expect this stuff to happen. if u like coffee shops, just stick to the ones in OC. the ones out here, aren't so "friendly".

and yes, its still safe to go to Noodle world/planet or whatever, gangsters are everywhere. no need to be paranoid just dont start **** and **** won't be brought to you.

i dunno if this was gang related, but from what i heard...it was about a certain group there
Old 02-06-09, 04:14 PM
sirblinks
Lexus Test Driver

btw, this has been the second shooting at a sgv coffee shop in the past 6 months.
Old 02-06-09, 04:30 PM
t0e
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Uhhhh?

Where I grew up, this was an every week occurance.

Like jay said, you usually don't go out to dinner at 11pm.

So you should be fine.
Old 02-06-09, 04:41 PM
Phil888
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dang I always eat late.. I guess no meets and no more eating late.. lol
Old 02-06-09, 09:09 PM
sirblinks
Lexus Test Driver

just got released from a holding cell in temple city/rosemead? pigs left my car in the rain with my window down on las tunas. said i was a suspect in the shooting at the coffee shop. and they arent looking for guys in a civic, they said theyre pulling "luxury" cars over.
Old 02-06-09, 09:50 PM
4ntvings
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by sirblinks
...and they arent looking for guys in a civic, they said theyre pulling "luxury" cars over.
lol, they'll have fun pulling over all of the Fri nite meet guys if there's a large Showing tonIght.

OT, sorry to hear what happened to you; always happens to the best

just be careful all!

Last edited by 4ntvings; 02-06-09 at 09:54 PM.
Old 02-06-09, 10:30 PM
JPES350
Driver School Candidate

I have a feeling this is gang related there is no way someone could just go into a coffee house and start shooting unless it was their enemies. I remember that place use to be bobalicious a while back, it was a hot place not surprised its still hot these days.
Old 02-06-09, 11:00 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

Reason why i need a CCW...

just dont stay out so late..

EDIT: OMFG!! i know that place... i used to get my hair cut in that salon next to them!! whoa.. ive always notice THAT coffee shop always attracts what looks to be Asian gangs.. and yes they drive Hondas.. im not profilling just pointing out the facts.

Scary cuz my dads friend works in that salon next to em...

Last edited by vwynn; 02-06-09 at 11:08 PM.
Old 02-07-09, 12:18 AM
JamesN
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexus GS3
No more vietnamese coffee for me
LOL... No more viet coffee huh Tommy.

This is usually gang related or some kind of revenge crap going on. It happen it OC vietnames coffee shop all the time. Now it just coming here.
Old 02-07-09, 12:35 AM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As for Asian gangsters driving Civics, that stereotype was sort of statistically sound like 10+ years ago. I remembered when I was in high school in 1998, all the thugs - or "thugs" - were mobbing in Civics allover Bolsa.

Quick Reply: San Gabriel shooting