CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

another "ftl" for puente hills mall...

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-09, 09:07 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
Default another "ftl" for puente hills mall...

so i was having dinner with my family at the outback steak house at puente hills mall. i ended up parking in a space directly adjacent to the freeway between america's tire and outback, and went in to meet my family for dinnner. since there was an entire section of parking spaces that were open, i backed into a space, parked, and went in to meet the rest of my family.

when my family and i were leaving and i was going to my car to leave, i saw something on my windshield that i thought was a flyer or an ad. i got closer, and saw that it was a citation. flipped it over, and saw that the city of industry parking enforcement had cited me for not having my front plate on my 2is.

a little upset and confused why i was the only one that got the ticket, i looked around the parking lot and saw that there were quite a few cars with no front plates. and of those cars with no front license plates, i was the only car that was cited. granted, my car was the only car that was backed into a space - which i assume made me more visible and thus suspect to a ticket, but it wasn't like my car was the only car that didn't have a front license plate.

while i'm not thrilled about my no-front-plate parking citation, i am a little miffed that i was the only car that was cited. and to make things more interesting, on the reverse side of the citation, i have to supposedly get my front plate put on. right...

they can take my $30 and have a good day.

point of this thread? be careful when parking at the puente hills mall. not only does security suck, now city of industry parking enforcement have the right to hand out citations. another reason i will never recommend puente hills mall as a meet spot.

/semi-rant.
Old 02-08-09, 09:21 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Jason, you're so thug. Breakin' laws like the bad boy that you are...
Old 02-08-09, 09:22 PM
4ntvings
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

must be the wheels. you should pass them over this way (my loss was your gain )

industry has their own 'parking enforcement' dept? they contract with LA Cty Sheriff's to patrol/police the area. Hence, i've never heard of such an enforcement.

if this is the mall 'security patrol' citing you, they can pucker up and you know how the rest goes, and wish they get your $30

if in fact other cars, in the same lot, were not cited then you shouldve taken photos w/your cell phone indicating such. then, fight it in court. (though i would be driving to prove more of a point, rather than trying to beat the citation fee with that arguement)

sorry, my semi-rant as well. conclusively, i'd tell them to kiss my a$$
Old 02-08-09, 09:40 PM
KrapWerdna
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow..that really sux.
i used to go to puente ALLL the time. sorry to hear man.
hope everything goes well.
thanks for the heads up though.
Old 02-08-09, 11:00 PM
pandy_88
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats my new excuse why i dont go to the gym anymore lol.

btw do you drive a white is? i always see a fixed up IS on colima
Old 02-09-09, 12:03 AM
dtmbmw
Driver School Candidate

wow that sux...im there often @ 24. I think you just got profiled since your car was modded and probably looked better that the rest of the car on that lot. Parking enforcement probably got jealous..
Old 02-09-09, 12:55 AM
AM1
Lexus Champion

the mall is private property, you sure its p.d.? i got a ticket once for no front plate at a shopping center near where i live. i took a look and saw that it wasnt official city p.d. i laughed and ripped it up.
Old 02-09-09, 08:47 AM
suicidesam
Lexus Test Driver

^^^ if public roads run through the mall then it's fair game. be careful at montclair mall also...montclair got my ten bucks
Old 02-09-09, 09:49 AM
emoshun
Lexus Champion

The citing officer most likely noticed G35 wheels on a 2IS, and said "Wait a minute..."
Old 02-09-09, 09:51 AM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
Jason, you're so thug. Breakin' laws like the bad boy that you are...
silence! i kill you!

Originally Posted by 4ntvings
must be the wheels. you should pass them over this way (my loss was your gain )
that'll be the day, the day i get a citation for my wheels...

though they're so dirty that i probably deserve a citation for dirty wheels.

Originally Posted by pandy_88
btw do you drive a white is? i always see a fixed up IS on colima
nope, not me. i'm only on that side of the tri-heights area on the weekends. the local law enforcement agency aren't friendly to modified vehicles on that side of the hills.

Originally Posted by AM1
the mall is private property, you sure its p.d.? i got a ticket once for no front plate at a shopping center near where i live. i took a look and saw that it wasnt official city p.d. i laughed and ripped it up.
it was a citation from the parking enforcement agency, so it wasn't the mall cop or the police/sheriff.

Originally Posted by suicidesam
^^^ if public roads run through the mall then it's fair game. be careful at montclair mall also...montclair got my ten bucks
it should be considered private property, since no public roads run through the mall parking lot. as much as i'd like to call BS on this, i'm going to contact them first to get a real explanation.
Old 02-09-09, 09:55 AM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by emoshun
The citing officer most likely noticed G35 wheels on a 2IS, and said "Wait a minute..."
maybe i should steal a page from your notes and go back to the stock look. that way, i wouldn't attract any unwanted attention whatsoever.

but since the citation was for no front plates, stock or not wouldn't really matter.
Old 02-09-09, 09:59 AM
emoshun
Lexus Champion

If you went back to stock, you wouldn't be able to make threads now would you?
Old 02-09-09, 11:06 AM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by emoshun
If you went back to stock, you wouldn't be able to make threads now would you?
see below:

Originally Posted by projectdna
but since the citation was for no front plates, stock or not wouldn't really matter.
Old 02-09-09, 11:26 AM
ghettoaww
Lead Lap

Jason was your steak good at least? Only been at that mall 2x to go to courtside to watch ufc but never drove. Really sucks they would pick your car out of the whole lot.
Old 02-09-09, 11:39 AM
emoshun
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by projectdna
...since the citation was for no front plates, stock or not wouldn't really matter.
Stock equates to displaying both front and rear plates as per California Vehicle Code.

So by not having your front plate on, you are not within compliance of CVC, thusly "not stock"

/banter

Quick Reply: another "ftl" for puente hills mall...