CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Some People Have No Shame... Crime Spree in Old Towne Orange

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-09, 10:19 PM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Some People Have No Shame... Crime Spree in Old Towne Orange

I have been working in the Old Towne historic district in City of Orange, and the local police have passed on fliers alerting residents and businesses warning about a sudden crime spree in the area. Some incidents are petty but there was a high profile one where one guy ran off with a $75,000 ring from an estate jewelry store a couple hundred feet down from my work. As a result, on some days, there are police lurking everywhere throughout downtown. Personally, nothing has been different to me other than keeping the back door of the shop locked when nobody is working in the back, and make sure that I make a complete stop at the stop sign due to high police presence.

Anyhow, on Friday, I walked out in the back alley to dump out some cardboard boxes in the rain and I ran into a sketchy looking Caucasian guy in his late 20s riding a Mongoose bmx bicycle. We exchanged looks, and I noticed that something is out of the ordinary. Who, I wondered, in their late 20s would be riding a 20" bmx bicycle in the back alley of shops in the rain? So I figured that he was up to something so I greeted him, "Whats going on man?". There was a bicycle in front of the back door of the bakery next door, which was about 20 feet from the dumpster where I tossing cardboard in. This guy looked at the bicycle and asked, "Kid, is that your bicycle?". I responded, "Nah". All the sudden, before I could even think of the appropriate way to respond, the guy immediately hopped off the small bike and took off with the mountain bike and warned me, "Hey, don't tell anyone!". I was like wtf? This just stole this poor Mexican guy's bike from the bakery next door, with their back door wide open, full of people in the back! Some people are just scandalous nowadays.
Old 02-14-09, 10:28 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 470 Likes on 362 Posts

Sucks. I liken that to stealing one's car. My reason for saying that...I ride the bike trails and see these guys/gals riding to their workplace. Some of these commuters do as many or more miles than I do in a week. They work hard so when some low-life takes their transportation away...
Old 02-14-09, 10:32 PM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RA40
Sucks. I liken that to stealing one's car. My reason for saying that...I ride the bike trails and see these guys/gals riding to their workplace. Some of these commuters do as many or more miles than I do in a week. They work hard so when some low-life takes their transportation away...
Yea. I felt bad because I probably couldn't do much to stop him. I am 5'6 against some 6'0 junkie with nothing to lose in a back alley. Plus I had some valuables on me (a Tag Heuer watch) and a car parked in the back too just in case if I did thwart him and he comes back to vandalize my car.
Old 02-15-09, 07:50 AM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 748 Likes on 518 Posts

People have no shame...