CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Presidents' Day Meet '09, Afterthoughts and Pics...

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-09 | 07:53 PM
ankurman20
Lexus Test Driver
CL Folding 25,000

^^ very nicely stated...
Old 02-17-09 | 08:14 PM
jay@statik
Former Vendor

Nicely put Philip! This was my first big meet even after the incident at Medieval Times it was fun still! Thank you PhilipMSPT for making this happen!
Old 02-17-09 | 08:16 PM
link13
Lead Lap

Nice post, Phil. Thanks for putting the meet together. The plan B of Autobacs worked fine Sunday and it was good to see everyone again.
Old 02-17-09 | 08:50 PM
XhyDra
Lexus Test Driver

Nicely put Philip!

This meet was a good turn around in CL'ers that showed up and came down to meet each other, although unfortunate that it got broken up so early. We all spread out but we kept the spirit of the meet and hung out at different locations. It was nice seeing old faces and talking to new ones. I don't live as close as a lot of the CL'ers that meet close to the OC area often but I try to make it and hang out with my fellow CL friends. My little brother liked all the cars and he was really impressed by the VIP flat black GS he thought it was really cool. He said it was nice meeting you guys and thank you guys for being one welcoming bunch. I had a good time.
Old 02-17-09 | 08:55 PM
VNN326
Lexus Champion

^^ great speech. now we all know next time when we set a meet. we should set a backup meet spot so everyone knows where to go.
Old 02-17-09 | 09:47 PM
venZon
Lexus Test Driver

some amazing photos and cars.
Old 02-17-09 | 11:46 PM
Peter_95
Lexus Champion

we should def. write a letter to medieval times regarding this and how that manager has costed them much future business, and how she could've reacted in a different manner.
Old 02-18-09 | 12:04 AM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
My input:

First and foremost, I thank all of you who have supported this little online community we like to call ClubLexus of Southern California. I truly enjoy your company, and your efforts in making meets like this interesting and memorable.

Second, I do have to admit that I did not know that Medieval Times had a permit for the lot that day. Had I known, I would have chosen a second location in mind. I had never had any problems with this location before in the past, and now that we are all aware of the fact, we shall enjoy our meets at another location for future Presidents' Day Meets. I love to patronize Po' Folks and Starbucks, and I hope that you also continue to use their businesses.

Third, since Medieval Times did have a permit, I respect their authority over the lot. However, I am extremely disappointed with the disrespectful behavior and attitude of the Manager that presented herself to our meet. Her actions have tainted any good light that I have for Medieval Times, and unfortunately, their business will suffer due to the dozens of CL members she alone disrespected. She did her job as a manager, but she did not do her job in customer service. She could have simply asked us to leave, but instead, she disrespectfully used brute force without any warning. For this, I hope she realizes that Medieval Times lost dozens of potential customers from our meet, and will share this incident with all those that ask us about their unsavory business.

Fourth, to all those who were parted from the original meet, I hope that you enjoyed the company of other CL members that continued to make the day a pleasant one. I myself enjoyed the meet until the late hours of the night, spending time with CL members in various locations and activities. I hope you all had a fun day, even after the fiasco.

In conclusion, I wish all of you peace of mind that our future meets will be bigger and better. We as a community need to work together to find the best places to meet; know the right people to invite; and make the most out of what we've got, which is the company and enjoyment of each other, as well as the passion and artistry of our beloved rides and toys.

Cheers!

Philip,
I couldn't make it down this year, but things turned out for the best. If I made the 400 mile trip and saw happened I wudda been pissed, though I would of still had a good time with you and others anyway.

I'll mark my calendar next year.
Old 02-18-09 | 11:39 AM
GS3Tek

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
My input:

Second, I do have to admit that I did not know that Medieval Times had a permit for the lot that day. Had I known, I would have chosen a second location in mind.

Third, since Medieval Times did have a permit, I respect their authority over the lot. However, I am extremely disappointed with the disrespectful behavior and attitude of the Manager that presented herself to our meet. Her actions have tainted any good light that I have for Medieval Times, and unfortunately, their business will suffer due to the dozens of CL members she alone disrespected. She did her job as a manager, but she did not do her job in customer service. She could have simply asked us to leave, but instead, she disrespectfully used brute force without any warning. For this, I hope she realizes that Medieval Times lost dozens of potential customers from our meet, and will share this incident with all those that ask us about their unsavory business.
Well put

Just click and paste when complaining to Medieval Times.

I did have the intention of going there someday but the Peanut lady totally ruined it.

Other than that, looks like another huge turnout.
Lots of good pics everyone
Old 02-18-09 | 11:42 AM
BenLS460
Pole Position

Love the meet... Too bad that it got to be cut short, looking forward to the next time, Great input Phil
Old 02-18-09 | 11:45 AM
mrxjeffrey
Driver School Candidate

good turn out and nice cars
Old 02-18-09 | 12:46 PM
LEXSTASY
Pole Position

i say we burn that lady at the stake for i accuse her of witchcraft!!! All those in favor, say I !
Old 02-18-09 | 02:48 PM
PushinLEX
Lexus Champion

I was one of the 1st one's there. Started off great. Went to grub a Po Folks. Came out a little over an hour later. Lot was empty besides 5 Lexus' (all guys eating btw) all with tickets. There were mutliple other cars (some parked right next to Lexus' W/OUT tickets).

20 dollar ticket for parking on a publicly owned premise. WTF?
Old 02-18-09 | 03:27 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

Originally Posted by PushinLEX
I was one of the 1st one's there. Started off great. Went to grub a Po Folks. Came out a little over an hour later. Lot was empty besides 5 Lexus' (all guys eating btw) all with tickets. There were mutliple other cars (some parked right next to Lexus' W/OUT tickets).

20 dollar ticket for parking on a publicly owned premise. WTF?
make sure you get your receipt from restaurant and fight the ticket
Old 02-18-09 | 05:15 PM
YupImJOee
Lexus Test Driver

sucks to hear it got shut down early. but for a meeting spot there is always the Buena park mall. Hot rodders usually have their car shows there. but behind the walmart/krikorian theatres there is alot of empty parking, drive way isnt very steep. and there is an Asian buffet there that everyone could go to. just my input for a spot if there decides to be a change in venue

Quick Reply: Presidents' Day Meet '09, Afterthoughts and Pics...