CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Presidents' Day Meet '09, Afterthoughts and Pics...

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-09 | 07:30 PM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

UrbanRacer also covered the meet and I had a little correspondence with the editor afterwards. Please note that I was quoted in the article but those were comments provided by Philip.

Here are some of their pictures:

http://www.urbanracer.com/articles/a...asp?a=3678&z=1

Last but not least...

Who left their spanking material in open view?

Last edited by EXE.UCF10; 02-19-09 at 03:34 PM. Reason: pics requested to be removed
Old 02-18-09 | 07:40 PM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 07350FROST
yeah, but the pictures come out nice as @#$#%!!!

at the next meet, what'll it take for you to take a couple pics of my ride??? (cough..$$$$$..cough..) it'd be nice to see it with a descent camera, and your pics always come out sweeeeeet!!
No Prob

Originally Posted by Peter_95
damn wassup with all this fisheye pics?... makes me feel like a fish.
And the lady... what a bisnatch haha.... should've tripped her so she wouldn't get up.
Nah, should have brought her a box these:

Old 02-18-09 | 08:23 PM
d00d
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by YupImJOee
sucks to hear it got shut down early. but for a meeting spot there is always the Buena park mall. Hot rodders usually have their car shows there. but behind the walmart/krikorian theatres there is alot of empty parking, drive way isnt very steep. and there is an Asian buffet there that everyone could go to. just my input for a spot if there decides to be a change in venue
that asian buffet is dirty!!
Old 02-18-09 | 08:50 PM
YupImJOee
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by d00d
that asian buffet is dirty!!
i've never been. half of the reviews i hear are "they're decent" other half is "it depends on the day you go" while the other have says " i love it"
Old 02-18-09 | 09:00 PM
Kaydee
Hacked CL to become a Mod

that's Sienna's got a flat
Old 02-18-09 | 09:31 PM
radicalrev
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by xknowonex

Last but not least...

Who left their spanking material in open view?
HAHAHAHA! I knew who that was! damnnn....
Old 02-18-09 | 10:02 PM
jay@statik
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Kaydee
that's Sienna's got a flat
No isn't just him in the car
Old 02-18-09 | 10:47 PM
valgs350
Lexus Test Driver

Picture Clips!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSpeHsaIyas

Sad to say thats how bored I am.....
Old 02-18-09 | 11:25 PM
4ntvings
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by valgs350
nice compilation
imho, might wanna use a bit more upbeat soundtrack

Last edited by 4ntvings; 02-19-09 at 08:16 AM.
Old 02-19-09 | 12:23 AM
SeOuLiS250
Lexus Champion

dang Phil..nice turn out..sucks I was up here in NorCal
any other meets in late March? I'd be in town~
Old 02-19-09 | 12:37 AM
valgs350
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 4ntvings
nice compilation
imho, might wanna to use a bit more upbeat soundtrack
LOL, your right!

So I changed it up, made it more interesting, thanks slowNshow for the intro!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGSt8rbUoJ0

Last edited by valgs350; 02-19-09 at 05:03 AM.
Old 02-19-09 | 11:47 AM
Movieland
Driver School Candidate

Default From Peanut / Movieland Wax Museum

From Peanut / Movieland Wax Museum

Pardon me for temporarily joining your forum. I temporarily joined this forum just so I could post a response regarding the circumstances surrounding your President’s Holiday meet. I would have just sent an e-mail directly to one of you to post for me, but I could not find an e-mail address to send it to. Even the article on UrbanRacer.com does not have a link to post a response or comment.

There are always 2 sides to a story. Here is my side and I will address the allegations and comments made by your club members

1. The Movieland Wax Museum property:

First of all, I gather from the posts that Phil or PhilipMSPT organized the meet at the Movieland Wax Museum property. PhilipMSPT organized this meet at a private property WITHOUT first asking for permission or authorization from the private property owner. (Phil/PhilipMSPT: Man-up and admit this statement is true!)

The Movieland Wax Museum property has several tenants, including but not limited to Po Folks Restaurant, Starbucks, Medieval Times, and Pirates Dinner Theater. Each of the tenants have signed contracts (leases) with the Movieland property, giving them the right o use designated parking spaces for their employees and guests on certain days/dates. On Sunday, 2/15/09, starting right after Noon, vehicles from your group started to occupy these designated parking spaces that were leased to the tenants.

2. The article on UrbanRacer.com states, “With the approval of the businesses on site - namely the Po Folks restaurant and Starbucks (the museum itself has been closed since 2005) - organizers from CL appealed to its membership to come out and take part in a harmless Lexus show ‘n’ shine.”:

This statement is NOT true. Feel free to call the management of both businesses. They will confirm that they did NOT grant any permission, authorization or approval for you to use the private premises for your meet.

In fact, the Management Staff of the tenants were the first to call the Buena Park Police Department (BPPD) to complain of your vehicles trespassing on their property before I was called. I, as the Property Manager, was also called in to resolve the situation.

To the author of this article on UrbanRacer.com, I would greatly appreciate it if you would please correct the statement on your article.

3. Phil/PhilipMSPT wrote, “She could have simply asked us to leave, but instead, she disrespectfully used brute force without warning.”

The Management Staff of the tenants called me. I arrived at Movieland Wax Museum at about 130pm. From 130pm to 215pm, I walked all around your vehicles politely asking at least 20 to 30 of your members: Who organized the meet? Who is in charge? Could you please leave because this is a private property and the parking spaces are needed and reserved for our tenants? These are the responses that I received during that 45 minutes:
-No one here is in charge
-We’re just here for a few minutes
-I don’t know
-I don’t know anything
-I don’t know anyone here
-I’m just visiting here
-Who?
-I’m not with them
-I’m/ We’re leaving soon
-I / We don’t know what you’re talking about
-We’ll leave later / We're not leaving

To those 20-30 members whom I politely approached, why did you all play ignorant and disregarded my polite request to leave during that 45 minutes?

From 130pm to 215pm, I tried to resolve this situation without the BPPD, but NONE of you would help me. By that time, what did you expect me to do? You left me no other choice but to call BPPD to ask for their assistance in resolving the situation. Some of your members know/saw that I did not call BPPD until 215pm…this was 45 minutes after I arrived at the property.

At about the time that some of your members heard me say and saw that I was calling the BPPD, a group of about 5-6 people approached me to tell me they are patronizing Starbucks. At that time, I had already called BPPD to handle the situation.

4. Phil/PhilipMSPT wrote, “I hope she realizes that Medieval Times lost dozens of potential customers from our meet, and will share this incident with those that ask us about their unsavory business.”

Medieval Times pays a monthly fee to lease parking spaces from Movieland Wax Museum to use for their guests and employees. On that day, 2/15/09, Medieval Times had 3 sold out shows. On the first show that started at 230pm, guests and employees started arriving between 1 to 230pm. Their employees and guests did not have any place to park because your group took their designated parking spaces.

Some members of your group even lied to the security and said they were here to buy tickets. Tickets were not available because all 3 shows were sold out!

How fair is it that guests who prepaid for their reservations/show tickets and were assured there were ample free parking were not able to get to the show or not able to get to the show on time? These people paid approximately $50 per ticket! Also, how fair is it that employees were late (could not punch in on time) and lost wages because you took their parking spaces?

Additionally, Po Folks had several groups and guests who were not able to come to their restaurant because your group took their designated parking spaces. How fair is that when Po Folks Restaurant lost revenue (in this bad economy!) because their customers were not able to come in due to not having any parking spaces available?

5. I read some of your response stating that you did not know Medieval Times had a permit to use the Movieland Wax Museum property.

You would have known this fact had the organizer asked the private property PRIOR to organizing the meet.

How would each of you feel if we used your backyard to park all of our vehicles because we didn’t know you rented your backyard to someone else or that you had other uses for your backyard? It’s common courtesy to ask for permission BEFORE you use someone else’s property.

CONCLUSION:
I can understand your anger and frustration regarding the outcome of your meet. However, the meet should have not been organized at a private property wherein you had no permission or authorization to use the property.

Several of you blame ME for the outcome of your meet. After reading this, I hope that you all understand that I was doing my job and I did it to the best of my ability under the given circumstances. There were several factors that played into the circumstances, including the non-cooperation from some of your club members.

Some of your members posted my picture online and on YouTube. I would greatly appreciate it if you could remove those postings. These postings and pictures have greatly hurt my family, especially my son. I know most of you will agree that your club postings are not meant to hurt people.

I really wish that your meet could have turned out better. I have nothing against you or your vehicles. In the future, if you plan to organize a meet at this location again, please contact us FIRST. If there are no conflicting events or leases in effect, I would be more than happy to ask the property owner to accommodate your club meet.

Thank you for reading this post.
Old 02-19-09 | 01:05 PM
PushinLEX
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rominl
make sure you get your receipt from restaurant and fight the ticket
for $20, its not worth it to me...
Old 02-19-09 | 01:52 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Looks like a really nice meet. Lot's of great pics.
Notice how JP Scara's always stand out, even among all those other nice wheels?
Old 02-19-09 | 02:03 PM
ghettoaww
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by PushinLEX
for $20, its not worth it to me...
Yeah that's why me, Cyrus and Vincent paid our tickets. We showed our po folks receipt to the cop but he wasn't going to hear us out. Basically said that it was an illegal car show and medieval times owned the lot. Not worth driving back to the area for that ticket.

Last edited by ghettoaww; 02-19-09 at 02:07 PM.

Quick Reply: Presidents' Day Meet '09, Afterthoughts and Pics...