CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Any thoughts for a Lexus meet soon?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-09, 07:24 PM
92soarer
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any thoughts for a Lexus meet soon?

Everybody here, SoCal Lexus brothers and sisters,

since this meet was not successful as last year, why don't we plan for another meeting to make-up for this meeting?

If we find a place, I know a month in advance would be a good time frame or even two months.

If we all talk about open places or even parking stuctures, why don't we have a gathering like in the parking structure at Bella Terra parking structure.

That is the parking structure used for 24 hour fitness and also off the beach blvd exit.

I am almost positive if we parked in the structure and went to the mall, who would trouble us?

What about the back lot at the Spectrum? I had a car meet there before and lots of room for a car meeting.

These are just some ideas but what do you fellow Lexus members think?

I am just trying to see if we can make-up another meeting in place of this ruined meeting.

Please state your ideas and also if you think we can plan a last minute meet to make up for today.
Old 02-15-09, 07:28 PM
Jay
Lexus Champion

Sorry to hear about how this meet had turned out !!

Not sure how soon you're planning to make up another meet but there will be a HUGE BBQ gathering in JUNE !! (HINT)... heheheh...

Watch for a new thread soon.....
Old 02-15-09, 07:37 PM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 764 Likes on 533 Posts

I'm writing Medieval Times to complain...
Old 02-15-09, 07:38 PM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 764 Likes on 533 Posts

The thing about the structure meets is that if we don't have it @ night, we're taking a lot of spots away from the everyday patrons. Stores won't appreciate that especially like busy places like the Spectrum and Bella Terra.
Old 02-15-09, 07:40 PM
valgs350
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Allen K
I'm writing Medieval Times to complain...
LOL, I did also!

I remember when I was seven I had a birthday there and they treat me like this, hahaha
Old 02-15-09, 07:41 PM
lexusscturbo
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lets have it at Wilson Park
Old 02-15-09, 07:46 PM
eyezack87
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Phil has a mystery spot he wouldn't tell us about
Old 02-15-09, 08:02 PM
4ntvings
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay
...there will be a HUGE BBQ gathering in JUNE !! (HINT)... heheheh...Watch for a new thread soon.....
yuuuuummyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!
Old 02-15-09, 08:19 PM
suicidesam
Lexus Test Driver

why not a huntington beach meat?
Old 02-15-09, 08:36 PM
92soarer
Driver

Default AT the Spectrum or Bella Terra

If we had one at Spectrum, there are lots that are like super far from the mall and can accommodate our cars.

I had a Bimmer meet and Euro meet there last time and no cops gave us any trouble and also we were all parked in the far parts of the Mall so that would be an Idea.

Huntington Beach would be good also, we just pay for parking and then we can drive all the way to the end of the parking lot and start parking our cars there.

If we had this meeting on a weekend, it would be good to go early and take up the whole parking lot with our cars.

I can go and find out some empty parking lots for our dispose of ok?
Old 02-15-09, 10:45 PM
SoCal35
Lexus Test Driver

One thing about the Irvine Spectrum is that the property management doesn't allow meets anymore. Management used to be okay with it until there was a muscle car meet where the drivers started doing burnouts when they left and the cops had to be called out. So now it's like zero tolerance. They don't even allow cross country truckers to pull over and rest anymore in the far lots. Since it's private property, whatever property management says, goes.

One place I can think of, I haven't been very often, but from what I remember they've got HUGE lots at The District at Tustin Legacy. I believe the cross streets are Jamboree and Barranca. I remember there was a gigantic lot in front of the Petsmart and I think a Huge lot that stretches from Lowe's to the Costco.

Last edited by SoCal35; 02-15-09 at 10:55 PM.
Old 02-16-09, 12:44 AM
Frank'sgs
Driver School Candidate

I think parking lots of malls or shopping Centers are not a good idea for big meets, if we want to do a big meet we have to find a place were they are no people around so we dont get in trouble or people calling the popo's for b.s. Reasons, trust me guys, i been to many different car club meets and this were always bad spots,i say how about we all start looking for places and do our homework to do a "legal" car show this summer and then we can make one of the biggest lexus meets ever !!!!!
Old 02-16-09, 12:48 AM
valgs350
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Frank'sgs
I think parking lots of malls or shopping Centers are not a good idea for big meets, if we want to do a big meet we have to find a place were they are no people around so we dont get in trouble or people calling the popo's for b.s. Reasons, trust me guys, i been to many different car club meets and this were always bad spots,i say how about we all start looking for places and do our homework to do a "legal" car show this summer and then we can make one of the biggest lexus meets ever !!!!!
Alot of the Euro meets, some G35 meets, if we where expecting 30+ cars one or some of us would talk to the owner of the establishment, don't see why it can't be done in this case!

And for the Benz-smart car meet we went the extra mile in talking to CHP and West Co Police and they where super cool with everything but that was a super big meet though!

Jay is doing a BBQ somewhere in June, just for a heads up!

Last edited by valgs350; 02-16-09 at 12:54 AM.
Old 02-16-09, 01:29 AM
genetic
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bella Terra parking structure is like packed during regular hours.

i had to park like on the 4th floor to go study at starbucks lol
Old 02-16-09, 01:46 AM
miss_IS300
Lead Lap

A group of us went to Bella Terra after the aftermeet and it wasn't crowded at all. I believe we were there around 6 pm and we went over to Starbucks. Pinkberry was calling my name but it was a tad on the cold side tonight.

Quick Reply: Any thoughts for a Lexus meet soon?