CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.
View Poll Results: Which design(s) do you like? You can choose up to two
Option 1
45.71%
Option 2
5.71%
Option 3
8.57%
Option 4
62.86%
Option 5
8.57%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

So Cal CL t-shirt designs, which one (or two) do you like the best?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-09, 03:58 PM
Ay-nako
Stop the Copy!

Received 112 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by emoshun
David, I don't think you understand the guidelines and the huge impact of not being able to use the "L" logo and words "Club Lexus" in the design, really hurts it!

I'm glad you decided to read the rest of the thread though, it kinda helps...
Haha what do you mean I dont understand? I cant read what is there in black and white? i do understand Jimmy and i see there is a bit of gray involved too, have more creativity instead of knocking a "TRD" inspired logo for a tee shirt, skye is in fashion design and she talked to me and ryan already, i asked if she could help you and to be honnest i felt as if that was a huge insult, as you can see if you can read im NOT even from socal... sorry if i come off as a douche-bag but im just trying to help the situation....

-David
Old 02-24-09, 04:00 PM
Ay-nako
Stop the Copy!

Received 112 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by radicalrev
Why don;t you ask your g/f to us a big favor then?
Originally Posted by chris07is
^^^^ i AGREe since ur part of CLUB LEXUS, we're all family right? let her contribute some some here...
I did and she said shes willing to help out, and like i said i even made a mistake shes in fashion design not graphic design (she does do both tho)
Old 02-24-09, 04:10 PM
miss_IS300
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That would be awesome if Skye could come up with a design since these designs seem a bit amateur to me, no offense. I've seen her work at she's really talented!

Last edited by miss_IS300; 02-24-09 at 04:34 PM.
Old 02-24-09, 07:41 PM
GoCatGo11
Pole Position

I am trying to design one for Hawaii but I they had someone already doing some work but here's my...So Cal CL t-shirt designs, which one (or two) do you like the best?-cl-logo-6-hawaii-copy-copy.jpg
This one is for the guys I have another one for the girls
Old 02-24-09, 07:42 PM
GoCatGo11
Pole Position

So Cal CL t-shirt designs, which one (or two) do you like the best?-cl-logo-1-girls-hawaii-copy-copy.jpgThis one I did for the girls
Old 02-24-09, 07:57 PM
lexusscturbo
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Technically you can use the "Lexus" looking fonts provided you get it from an Open Source font site.
Old 02-24-09, 09:22 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by lexusscturbo
Technically you can use the "Lexus" looking fonts provided you get it from an Open Source font site.
You have been misinformed by some rep at IB. ANY font that is the styled Lexus proprietary font, similar design or related IS NOT appropriate. Plain and simple. This is something that applies to any Lexus enthusiast site...even prior to IB's acquisition of CL.

Go ahead and try to make something with any "Lexus" looking font. Be prepared to deal with Toyota Legal in the meantime.

Just FYI, I am the direct liason to Lexus USA for Club Lexus.
Old 02-24-09, 09:50 PM
lexusscturbo
Lexus Champion

Well worked with AP before/Getty..Several Lawsuits have popped up for some of their work(For Design/ and imaging)...
Assuming in a court of law if the fonts are of Open Source Origin if it did get to a lawsuit its fine for the most part.....
However if its the exact typeset and font that Lexus does own proprietary rights for then bad things will happen for the defendant.

EDIT: Also adding a Serif to the font is considered changing it as well
(I think the Lexus proprietary font has no serif)

Last edited by lexusscturbo; 02-24-09 at 09:57 PM.
Old 02-24-09, 09:58 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by lexusscturbo
Well worked with AP before..Several Lawsuits have popped up for some of their work... Assuming in a court of law if the fonts are of Open Source Origin if it did get to a lawsuit its fine for the most part.....
However if its the exact typeset and font that Lexus does own proprietary rights for then bad things will happen for the defendant.

EDIT: Also adding a Serif to the font is considered changing it as well
(I think the Lexus proprietary font has no serif)

So you've worked with AP before...doing what?

We've worked hard to keep our exclusive relationship with Lexus Corp and Toyota Legal over the years. We've met with them several times about our revised fonts and styles. Trust me, we are not about to screw that up just because a few individuals want a t-shirt. You are welcome to make one on your own...lawsuits are no joke as you know.
Old 02-24-09, 10:16 PM
Frank'sgs
Driver School Candidate

Emoshun designs are realy nice! , got to keep it simple and different from other existing t-shirts out there, also... Lets not forget to play by the rules of copyright and trade marks and most important follow lexus/toyota rules seens they support the club, emoshun's designs are nice good job! I like the ones from round 2,3,5,6, I'm ready to order...!!

Last edited by Frank'sgs; 02-24-09 at 10:22 PM.
Old 02-24-09, 11:32 PM
emoshun
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by am1
i dont like the crest. I agree we need someone who actually does design work to do something.
I'm not sure what to say except either design one yourself, or get off your soapbox.

Originally Posted by ay-nako
haha what do you mean i dont understand? I cant read what is there in black and white? I do understand jimmy and i see there is a bit of gray involved too, have more creativity instead of knocking a "trd" inspired logo for a tee shirt, skye is in fashion design and she talked to me and ryan already, i asked if she could help you and to be honnest i felt as if that was a huge insult, as you can see if you can read im not even from socal... Sorry if i come off as a douche-bag but im just trying to help the situation....

-david
Thanks for the text-message David, no worries here.

Originally Posted by miss_is300
that would be awesome if skye could come up with a design since these designs seem a bit amateur to me, no offense. I've seen her work at she's really talented!
Amateur no, 15 minute comps yes. I'm not going to spend hours on these shirts when we haven't even decided on a logo yet, nor have we seen anyone spend the time that I have into this creative process.

Until you understand the creative process, and the guidelines set forth for the artist attempting to create this for free, take a seat.

Originally Posted by frank'sgs
emoshun designs are realy nice! , got to keep it simple and different from other existing t-shirts out there, also... Lets not forget to play by the rules of copyright and trade marks and most important follow lexus/toyota rules seens they support the club, emoshun's designs are nice good job! I like the ones from round 2,3,5,6, i'm ready to order...!!
Thank's Frank, I have had 30+ PM's already about my shirt designs and where people can buy them if it's not chosen to be the "official CLSOCAL shirt". I will not let those people down.

Due to the fact that there is so much negativity surrounding this ordeal, I will refrain from submitting anything until a decision has been made to move forward with another design, or that one of my 15+ designs should be reworked, and finalized.

Thank you all for you input, and I hope this turns out great!

Last edited by emoshun; 02-25-09 at 12:23 AM.
Old 02-24-09, 11:47 PM
miss_IS300
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by emoshun
Amateur no, 15 minute comps yes. I'm not going to spend hours on these shirts when we haven't even decided on a logo yet, nor have we seen anyone spend the time that I have into this creative process.

Until you understand the creative process, and the guidelines set forth for the artist attempting to create this for free, take a seat.
Excuse me?

Is this not a poll? Are we not trying to decide what design we LIKE best and aren't all of the posts in here mere opinions? Until YOU understand what this thread is about, get off your high horse. Just because you spent a ton of time on it does not mean that I have to like it. Why is that you are allowed to criticize the designs before yours but I am not allowed to criticize yours assuming that I'm even referring to yours. There isn't much creativity when I've seen those logo designs at my local Pac Sun for the past year. No need to get all "emoshun"al about it. A for effort but not my cup of tea.

Last edited by miss_IS300; 02-24-09 at 11:55 PM.
Old 02-24-09, 11:54 PM
sleathlysc
Rookie

does anyone this logo design?
Attached Thumbnails So Cal CL t-shirt designs, which one (or two) do you like the best?-lexus.jpg  
Old 02-24-09, 11:54 PM
emoshun
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by miss_IS300
Excuse me?

Is this not a poll? Are we not trying to decide what design we LIKE best and aren't all of the posts in here mere opinions? Until YOU understand what this thread is about, get off your high horse. Just because you spent a ton of time on it does not mean that I have to like it. Why is that you are allowed to criticize the designs before yours but I am not allowed to criticize yours assuming that I'm even referring to yours. There isn't much creativity when I've seen those logo designs at my local Pac Sun for the past year. No need to get all "emoshun"al about it. A for effort but not my cup of tea.
I stopped shopping at Pac Sun once I got out of high school, so I wouldn't know.

I give this informal poll/thread a week.

I'll be back then.
Old 02-24-09, 11:57 PM
emoshun
Lexus Champion

*sips my cup of tea*

Quick Reply: So Cal CL t-shirt designs, which one (or two) do you like the best?