CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Fuel Delivery Pipes....recall?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-09, 06:45 PM
lexus5703
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by xuningshen
i went to newport lexus too, they hooked me up w/ an is 250.... freaking has noooo power compared to my 350 hahaha which sucked, but it took them 3 days, took it in early friday morning, got it back sunday.

its probably going to t ake a while because there is alot of lexus' out there affected by this recall... its got the dealers super busy, my mom went to westminister to service her RX and they gave her a KIA because they ran out of lexus loaners loololol
they gave her a KIA!? oh man, lol that sucks! i woulda been so annoyed....maybe i shouldn't have complained about the ES i had to drive around, lol
Old 03-05-09, 06:47 PM
lexus5703
Driver

oh... btw xuningshen..

i'm likin your pics
Old 03-10-09, 11:11 PM
i3urton
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

where is every one getting there car serviced at for the fuel rails recall.. i called lexus of cerritos im just trying to fig out if they had enough experiences with this recall i dont want to be the frist car they try it on.... oh btw the vin affected by this recall is
-2006942-2013016 this is the last digits of your vin...
Old 03-11-09, 01:38 PM
Mtinez_IS3
Rookie

i got ours done at longo and got a matrix....and with 0 gas.... lol... eh... but i saved gas going to victorville and back... barelly got it back today.
Old 03-12-09, 02:26 PM
lilscrapy8
Rookie

Originally Posted by i3urton
where is every one getting there car serviced at for the fuel rails recall.. i called lexus of cerritos im just trying to fig out if they had enough experiences with this recall i dont want to be the frist car they try it on.... oh btw the vin affected by this recall is
-2006942-2013016 this is the last digits of your vin...
I took mine to South Bay Lexus. They did the the fuel lines and the start up rattle TSIB's. They had it ready the very next day..
Old 03-12-09, 04:56 PM
Heng350
Lexus Test Driver

i got my letter today. ima call them and ask them when is the next LS avaliable for loaning since i have a month before my oil change i wanna knock 2 birds with 1 stone and wait it out. imagine taking an LS to vegas for the 3-4 days :P

please dont copy my idea. i dont wanna hear the receptionist say some1 just asked about the LS today but we have a matrix for you....
Old 03-15-09, 09:36 AM
lexus5703
Driver

Originally Posted by Heng350
i got my letter today. ima call them and ask them when is the next LS avaliable for loaning since i have a month before my oil change i wanna knock 2 birds with 1 stone and wait it out. imagine taking an LS to vegas for the 3-4 days :P

please dont copy my idea. i dont wanna hear the receptionist say some1 just asked about the LS today but we have a matrix for you....
Smart! Although taking an LS to Vegas would be kick ***, I still can't wait to drive my IS out there this summer. I haven't taken it on a long drive and I've had it about 18 months. !!
Old 03-16-09, 11:04 AM
teejnut
Lead Lap

You guys doing the fuel recall are you guys doing the steering rack as well? I got 3 letters, steering rack, rear brakes, and fuel. Called up Lexus of Glendale and they said they're out of stock on the steering rack (no ETA on them). So I'm just holding off for the time being to do all of them at once. Does anyone know if other dealers have the steering rack in stock?
Old 03-16-09, 09:14 PM
i3urton
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Heng350

[B][/
genius
idea...
i ask them for an ls and they laugh at me... lol only way is if u have and ls like u hung..they will not even give me an is350...only rx or es... or is250..
Old 03-16-09, 10:03 PM
radicalrev
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i just got a letter for my fuel recall, should i raise up my car when i go to the dealership??

any1 have experience with lexus of riverside?

oh and since im not 21 yet, 21 in July, i cant get a loaner?
Old 03-16-09, 10:23 PM
e.j.
Rookie

Originally Posted by teejnut
You guys doing the fuel recall are you guys doing the steering rack as well? I got 3 letters, steering rack, rear brakes, and fuel. Called up Lexus of Glendale and they said they're out of stock on the steering rack (no ETA on them). So I'm just holding off for the time being to do all of them at once. Does anyone know if other dealers have the steering rack in stock?
Westminster has all the parts for all three recalls...just dropped mine off today. But it wont be completed for 3-4 days. They have a bunch of cars there for the recall. Try to go early, so you can get a Lexus loaner. There was none on the lot, so I waited and got an ES. If not, they would have given me something else from Enterprise.
Old 03-17-09, 10:09 AM
lexus5703
Driver

Originally Posted by radicalrev
i just got a letter for my fuel recall, should i raise up my car when i go to the dealership??

any1 have experience with lexus of riverside?

oh and since im not 21 yet, 21 in July, i cant get a loaner?
You most likely won't be able too. Everytime I've gotten a loaner they give me a hard time because I look like I'm 19 or something. So when I say I'm 22 they don't believe me until I whip out my ID. Haha. So you might not be able to!
Old 03-26-09, 09:51 PM
sanguine
Rookie

I got mine replaced about two weeks ago. I didn't notice anything different, my mileage has remained the same. The service advisor told me that there were isolated incidents in states with harsher condition that causes the fuel to leak? Whatever it is, I'm glad Lexus did the right thing and put a recall to have it checked out.
Old 03-28-09, 09:22 AM
lx470man
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

is this just for the is250/350? how about the is-f?
Old 03-28-09, 10:32 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by lx470man
is this just for the is250/350? how about the is-f?
Your answer is here:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...el+rail+recall

Quick Reply: Fuel Delivery Pipes....recall?