CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

PJ Bonifacio, City of Industry

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-09, 12:28 AM
solo_stage
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default PJ Bonifacio, City of Industry

So as some of you know, my car recently was involved in an accident, therefore I had to find a shop to take my car to to be fixed. I had a referral for PJ Bonifacio in the City of Industry because I heard from a friend that they do a fairly good job.

After a few days of having my car, I got it back fairly quick, I noticed that my fender wasnt aligned because my whole front end was damaged and they had to pull the fender because it was pushed in. Also the color was completely off, considering my car is Glacier frost, i knew that the color was hard to match, but not impossible. He also painted my rear lip along with my front end and that did not match either. I would say the color is more grey than anything and much darker than my car.

He said he gave me a "good deal" therefore I should be happy with the outcome of my car. But i never asked for a "deal", I asked for an estimate, and I was expecting my car to be in tip-top shape and MATCHING when i got it back.

Okay so I was hoping that when I brought my car back that there would be a resolution, however the employee gave me the run around about how this was this way and the paint was the best that they could do because it was waterbased and therefore they cannot adjust the color and there was no way it was going to match and how it was painted on fiberglass. So we took the car back to the owner today hoping for a resolution.

they fixed the fender, however they refused to do anything about the paint, saying that if i wanted the color blended to match that it will cost more.

What i dont understand is when he quoted me for the estimate, why did he not consider that I will probably need it blended considering it is a three stage paint color and now he wants to charge more to make my paint match because I'm unhappy with a mismatched colored car. and stating that there is nothing he is going to do to fix the paint that is already on the car. My car is barely two years old and honestly I would rather NOT have a mixmatched colored car...

So to make the story short, I'm not really happy with their service, so I would not suggest taking your car here. Yes they finish fairly quickly, but my two cents is that I would rather have my car done right the first time rather than looking for another shop, paying more to have my car repainted, and wasting a bunch of time.

Kellie

Last edited by solo_stage; 03-04-09 at 12:40 AM.
Old 03-04-09, 01:14 AM
AM1
Lexus Champion

i heard from someone a long time ago, that to get it done right you have to bring Pj some chicken. seriously, that sucks that it didnt work out.
Old 03-04-09, 01:22 AM
1NewLexIS300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

damn that sucks. the worst thing is to have paint mismatch.
Old 03-04-09, 04:40 AM
SC34M3
Advanced

wow, Pj Bonifacio has been in the industries for yrs. screw that place then. i'd be pissed with unmatched paint job.
Old 03-04-09, 08:47 AM
ULTiMaX99
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

wow sorry to hear that. pj was actually one of the shops i considered to have work done on my car when i got keyed 2 years ago. his estimate was the lowest i found by a few hundred bucks... he said he didn't need to blend the neighboring panel while all the other shops i took it to said they would have to blend. i ended up going to kennedy at premier...
Old 03-04-09, 09:24 AM
link13
Lead Lap

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

Was this an insurance deal? If so, call the insurance company and tell them you're not satisfied with the repair work. Ask them to help you get it rectified.
Old 03-04-09, 10:36 AM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

i can refer you to a body shop that my family and i have been taking our cars to. they're friends of our family, and imo they do pretty good work.

that, or you can give kennedy @ platinum VIP a call.

just a few suggestions.
Old 03-04-09, 10:47 AM
solo_stage
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by link13
Was this an insurance deal? If so, call the insurance company and tell them you're not satisfied with the repair work. Ask them to help you get it rectified.
i did not go through my insurance. I paid cash.
and i probably should've brought him a chicken >.<
Old 03-04-09, 11:19 AM
anotherLS
Lexus Champion

if u brought some chicken adobo and a 6-pack of san miguel beer i bet they woulda hooked it up! haha
Old 03-04-09, 12:48 PM
mikemareen
Lexus Test Driver

Id also recommend Kennedy at Platinum, My friend just got his car back from them and it looks great!!!

Paint color matching is very important and takes a very good eye to properly match, Kennedy takes color matching to a whole new level. The guy is amazing. two thumbs up for Platinum.
Old 03-04-09, 01:04 PM
sirblinks
Lexus Test Driver

wow, that sucks..sorry to hear
Old 03-05-09, 10:10 AM
D1GP
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts

PlatinumVIP +3

They stress on the color matching...Stop by their shop to see if they can do anything to help you out...

626 472 7847
Old 03-05-09, 11:52 AM
eric_r_ho
Lexus Test Driver

That's strange to hear because they do a decent job on the show cars they have done but that's a bit different. show cars usually get FULL paint jobs on the vehicle where they don't have to match paint elsewhere on the vehicle. GFM is tough though..their customer service is horrible from what you're telling us..I'd personally never go to a place that specializes in aftermarket applications and show cars though..
Old 03-18-09, 08:47 PM
1_alterdis
Pole Position

Should of went to M1 , I referred you ?
Old 03-18-09, 09:15 PM
miss_IS300
Lead Lap

Wow Kellie sorry to hear. Screw that take it back and have it redone. I'd raise hell with them if I were you. You not specifying that you wanted it blended should not be an excuse for the paint to not match. They should've painted the panels yellow if that were the case. Idiots.

Quick Reply: PJ Bonifacio, City of Industry