CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Lowered car and Longo Service Pickup?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-09, 03:48 PM
teejnut
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lowered car and Longo Service Pickup?

Hey Guys,

I need to take my IS350 in for some of the recent recalls (fuel rails, steering rack, rear brakes). Longo offers the flat-bed pick up, so I was wondering has anyone done this with a lowered car? Were there any issues or did everything work out ok? You can see my drop in my sig. Thanks!
Old 04-21-09, 04:11 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

and why do you need flatbed pickup? why not just drive your 2is to longo instead?
Old 04-21-09, 04:43 PM
teejnut
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by projectdna
and why do you need flatbed pickup? why not just drive your 2is to longo instead?
cause its free... and longo is sort of out of the way.

Last edited by teejnut; 04-21-09 at 05:38 PM.
Old 04-21-09, 05:04 PM
t0e
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Looking at your sig pic, you should be fine.

But, if i were you, i would have some woood blocks ready, just in case it does not clear.

I have some that measure, 4 foot long, 1 foot wide, and 1.5 inch tall.
Old 04-21-09, 05:16 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

i would not risk trying to put the car on flatbed at all. they are just calling AAA to pick up your car, those flatbed can get pretty inclined
Old 04-21-09, 05:42 PM
teejnut
Lead Lap

Hmm, maybe I'll just drive it in then. It's not too big of a deal... I don't want to deal with the wood blocks since when they unload it and load it back at Longo I won't be there.
Old 04-21-09, 05:44 PM
VNN326
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

free isnt always good. the towing might be free. but the damage isnt. i say its not worth flat beding it. IMO.
Old 04-21-09, 05:49 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by teejnut
cause its free... and long is sort of out of the way.
let me get this right...

you want longo to pick your car up by flatbed at their expense for free warranty services - just so you can avoid accruing mileage on your 2is?

why don't you just take your 2is to a lexus service center nearest you?
Old 04-21-09, 06:17 PM
radicalrev
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^ lol...maybe he is too busy....

btw, if you are lowered, is there any ramp that the car needs to be on at the service center?
Old 04-21-09, 06:24 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

if he's too busy, then he should take an appointment.

service centers' amenities are there for convenience's sake, not there for customers to take advantage of.
Old 04-21-09, 06:29 PM
teejnut
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by projectdna
let me get this right...

you want longo to pick your car up by flatbed at their expense for free warranty services - just so you can avoid accruing mileage on your 2is?

why don't you just take your 2is to a lexus service center nearest you?
where did i say that?

to clarify i called glendale about the warranty service but they didn't have the steering racks in stock and told me they'd call me back. this was over a month ago and they haven't called me back. 2 weeks ago longo called me out of the blue asking if i wanted to take my car in for the recalls and told me they would call me back when they had the parts in stock. at the time LONGO LEXUS OFFERED to either pick up my car and drop off a loaner OR for me to drop it off and they'll give me a tank of gas.

so i made this post to ask if anyone has used this service or not with a lowered car. in any case i'll just drive it in to not worry about it.
Old 04-21-09, 06:34 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
i would not risk trying to put the car on flatbed at all. they are just calling AAA to pick up your car, those flatbed can get pretty inclined
Umm actually no. Longo has their own large fleet of flatbed Hino trucks. Go figure, they kept it in the Toyota family. But for real, Longo has their own tow trucks unlike other dealerships that rely on other companies to flatbed cars.
Old 04-21-09, 06:35 PM
teejnut
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by flipside909
Umm actually no. Longo has their own large fleet of flatbed Hino trucks. Go figure, they kept it in the Toyota family. But for real, Longo has their own tow trucks unlike other dealerships that rely on other companies to flatbed cars.
that's pretty cool! have you ever used their service?
Old 04-21-09, 06:39 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by teejnut
where did i say that?

to clarify i called glendale about the warranty service but they didn't have the steering racks in stock and told me they'd call me back. this was over a month ago and they haven't called me back. 2 weeks ago longo called me out of the blue asking if i wanted to take my car in for the recalls and told me they would call me back when they had the parts in stock. at the time LONGO LEXUS OFFERED to either pick up my car and drop off a loaner OR for me to drop it off and they'll give me a tank of gas.

so i made this post to ask if anyone has used this service or not with a lowered car. in any case i'll just drive it in to not worry about it.

Because your car is lowered, a lot of tow companies with flatbeds in their fleets will turn away cars that are lowered. Not because they don't want to, but it poses a liability to them if they happen to drag your front or rear bumpers on the ground as it's being loaded/unloaded. All tow companies do this, not limited to AAA contract tow stations as well.

You can opt to have your vehicle flatbedded or take it in yourself. Longo Lexus service is lowered car friendly. This is the only place I take my Lexus vehicles in for service. My previous IS300 and GS350 were lowered and they had no problems servicing my car. If anything, the valets and the service advisors will tell you up front if they can get your car on the lift or not. If your car was stock height, the flatbed tow service would be ideal. But my recommendation to you considering you are lowered would be to drive it in.

Good luck.
Old 04-21-09, 06:41 PM
teejnut
Lead Lap

Thanks for the tips flipside909!

Quick Reply: Lowered car and Longo Service Pickup?