CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

<rant> West End Wheel Alignment - Gardena

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-09, 04:30 PM
reamemiya
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can attest to this poor customer service and attitude which veered me away from sending my business there.
Old 05-12-09, 04:36 PM
masboy
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 07350FROST
yeah dude.....that definitely sucks! he shouldnt have treated you like that. the problem is, that he IS the best at what he does and he IS a 1 man show. chances are he didnt make a dime that day and thats why he was pissed.
he DID NOT make money on 8-10am. Big deal....it's not like he's going to file bankruptcy or closing down his store by not making $96 in those 2 hours from me.

I understand he's the BEST in Wheel Alignment, but .... ughh...you should've hear his voice on the phone when he said "no, i don't have time for YOU". You will be as pissed as I am.
Old 05-12-09, 04:54 PM
renren7
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey man, if you really think about it, you're going to him because he is the best, if you dont like his service, then just move on and go somewhere else...

Not defending him or anything, but you gotta understand if he's a one man show, he's gotta do things his way... And the point is, YOU are the one that had to cancel, not him... I'm sure if you show up to his store and find out he's still sleeping and not picking up your phone call, you would be just as pissed off...

Just go somewhere else if you dont think he's worth it... He didnt change the plan, you did, I know his attitude is uncalled for, but who can you complain to? He's a one man show... I'm sure $96 is nothing for you and for him, but its the feeling of waking up @
8AM and finding out someone just flaked out on you last minute (for a good reason), even though the reason is legit, if i was him i would still be pissed... Just understand and let it go man
Old 05-12-09, 04:56 PM
masboy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by renren7
Hey man, if you really think about it, you're going to him because he is the best, if you dont like his service, then just move on and go somewhere else...

Not defending him or anything, but you gotta understand if he's a one man show, he's gotta do things his way... And the point is, YOU are the one that had to cancel, not him... I'm sure if you show up to his store and find out he's still sleeping and not picking up your phone call, you would be just as pissed off...

Just go somewhere else if you dont think he's worth it... He didnt change the plan, you did, I know his attitude is uncalled for, but who can you complain to? He's a one man show... I'm sure $96 is nothing for you and for him, but its the feeling of waking up @
8AM and finding out someone just flaked out on you last minute (for a good reason), even though the reason is legit, if i was him i would still be pissed... Just understand and let it go man
Don't forget, I tried to call him maybe about 10 times starting around 7.30am-ish until 8.15am-ish. No voice mail whatsoever, I can't even leave a msg. I'm pretty sure you will react the same way as I did if you were in my shoes. If a auto shop yelled (kinda) at you, you can't just let it go.....as far as I remember customer is a king around here.

But you know what, I'm letting it go in peace right now....and move on...

Last edited by masboy; 05-12-09 at 09:29 PM.
Old 05-12-09, 05:00 PM
irv_usc
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 07350FROST
as someone else said.....unless your car is LOW!!!, dont bother to take it to him. thats what he specializes in...lowered cars.
since when? he sets up tons of track cars on top of the typical wheel alignments just on lowered cars.

in any case masboy, sorry to hear about your experience. will think twice about going there.
Old 05-12-09, 05:16 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by 4ntvings
did you lower your car that much Kev, that you require west end's famed service?
if you're not that low, why not try another co?
Jason, he hasn't gotten an ailgnment SINCE I installed his HKS coilovers A LONG TIME AGO!

For what its worth, Kevin is low enough to warrant a good alignment.
Old 05-12-09, 05:22 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by masboy
oh I understand, move on and I'm letting it go in peace as well....
I feel bad for you Kevin. He was suppose to be the best dude around town for alignment but little did I know he was that type of person.

I dont buy the story that he didn't make a dime that day. You can't be making no/little money and have a 2 week waiting period at the same time.

Customer service is just as important as the work itself. This is part of TMengineering's downfall. Todd does awesome work (I'm sure), but ultimately, his lack of customer service drove away people. West End will not be immune to this if he keeps it up.
Old 05-12-09, 05:23 PM
lexusscturbo
Lexus Champion

Masboy you can also hit up johnsons in Torrance, they use computers but spend just as much time
Old 05-12-09, 09:25 PM
masboy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by GSteg
Jason, he hasn't gotten an ailgnment SINCE I installed his HKS coilovers A LONG TIME AGO!

For what its worth, Kevin is low enough to warrant a good alignment.
LOL...yeah I haven't do wheel alignment since HKS coilover installed a year ago by GSteg

Originally Posted by GSteg
Customer service is just as important as the work itself. This is part of TMengineering's downfall. Todd does awesome work (I'm sure), but ultimately, his lack of customer service drove away people. West End will not be immune to this if he keeps it up.
exactly !! that's exactly what I was thinking when I was driving home today.

Originally Posted by lexusscturbo
Masboy you can also hit up johnsons in Torrance, they use computers but spend just as much time
yeah I might go with him....read a good review on google about that place too...
Old 05-12-09, 10:59 PM
Rollin'ES3
Lexus Test Driver

Ouch, sorry to hear about the horrible service.

I don't know how far you are from Glendale, But Spence Wheel Alignment here does a great job. A lot of the dealers on brand boulevard of cars use them.

http://local.yahoo.com/info-20624730...brake-glendale
Old 05-13-09, 12:32 AM
AM1
Lexus Champion

Uh......darin does all the work himself. he has cars lined up usually for weeks ahead of time. he doesnt have a secretary or anyone else to help him. there are times when he is working on car that he will not respond right away. and yes customer service probably isnt his priority. But in the end do you care more for someone to be nice when you call but either sucks at what they do or dont care what kind of job they do? or do you take it to a shop where the work will be really good but you might have to wait for an appointment time or wait for a return phone call? believe me for everyone who is pissed at darins reponse to calls and goes somewhere else there are 5 cars waiting to take that spot. plus whenever i just want to talk about suspension stuff i just drop by and we talk when hes working on other cars. darins hung up me before too, boo hoo.

Last edited by AM1; 05-13-09 at 12:39 AM.
Old 05-13-09, 12:43 AM
Lummie2IS
Rookie

Old 05-13-09, 03:14 AM
VIPin626
Rookie

u dont have to go to him for an alignment..
its YOUR choice... and you're the one that flaked on an appointment.

he does good alignments and people are willing to wait that long for him..
ive been there myself a few times and received excellent service.

im not taking sides but lets say he was gonna make 100 bucks off u..
well u canceled the MORNING OF!(literally within the hour) so he couldn't
fill the spot and lost 100 bucks or whatever he had planned..
Old 05-13-09, 08:22 AM
ffpowerLN
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by VIPin626
u dont have to go to him for an alignment..
its YOUR choice... and you're the one that flaked on an appointment.
Didn't you read that the OP has an EMERGENCY? He called, no voicemail, no one picked up even AFTER THE APPOINTMENT TIME. What else can he do? Put yourself in the OP's shoe and think what you will do. Don't have to answer me but just ask yourself, what would you do.

If he wants to run a business then prepare for **** to happen because **** happens everyday. If he can't deal with ****s then stay at home or work for someone else.

The bottom line is that the OP did all he can and shouldn't be treated like he was.
Old 05-13-09, 10:38 AM
renren7
Lead Lap

Wow... so angry haha

All he's trying to say is that, even though he had an emergency, OP is the one that had to cancel, so IT IS a lost for Darrin (not taking side, its true)...

YES he DID try to call and cancel (on the same day several hours)
and the point IS he tried to cancel kinda late, even if he had voice mail and left a message, how will darrin be able to have someone to fill his schedule within that short period of time, so it IS a lost at his part, and yes I agree he shouldnt give attitude and he may have showed poor customer service, but the point is, HE didnt change the appointment, HE lost money...

Is it that hard?

If you dont want him to yell at you just go somewhere else....

P.S. not pointing at anyone...

BTW that picture is pretty funny haha... everyone just relax and take it easy XD

Originally Posted by ffpowerLN
Didn't you read that the OP has an EMERGENCY? He called, no voicemail, no one picked up even AFTER THE APPOINTMENT TIME. What else can he do? Put yourself in the OP's shoe and think what you will do. Don't have to answer me but just ask yourself, what would you do.

If he wants to run a business then prepare for **** to happen because **** happens everyday. If he can't deal with ****s then stay at home or work for someone else.

The bottom line is that the OP did all he can and shouldn't be treated like he was.

Quick Reply: <rant> West End Wheel Alignment - Gardena