CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

<rant> West End Wheel Alignment - Gardena

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-09, 10:57 PM
AM1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

man you guys are still dragging this one out? i would have locked this up already. basically if you care about great customer service and hate it when it isnt very good do not go to west end, as you will get your feelings hurt. if you want probably one of the best alignment guys to work on your car and can take the customer service not being perfect then go to west end and get in line. you guys can debate all you want about good and bad customer service.....
Old 05-14-09, 11:25 PM
Peter_95
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

jeff, you cry for him too lol!

anyways.... yes, kevin is like the nicest guy and tried to settle with Darin with respect as a customer can, but as a business man, Darin was wrong wrong wrong....
And for that guy who said customer service is not important to him, i guess it is ok for him since he probably doesn't own a business himself, and if he does, OMG, i feel sorry for all his customers.
Old 05-14-09, 11:37 PM
lexusscturbo
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Peter_95
jeff, you cry for him too lol!

anyways.... yes, kevin is like the nicest guy and tried to settle with Darin with respect as a customer can, but as a business man, Darin was wrong wrong wrong....
And for that guy who said customer service is not important to him, i guess it is ok for him since he probably doesn't own a business himself, and if he does, OMG, i feel sorry for all his customers.
Darin is in demand though; his prices are pretty decent too? I think 380 for an alignment/ coil over/ upper control arm install/ and counter balancing, as well as adjusting the coil overs to the driver's habits
Old 05-14-09, 11:44 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

$380 for all that? I knew someone from my old forum paid $240 for an alignment plus corner balancing alone. $140 more for coilover and UCA install is a damn deal!
Old 05-15-09, 12:03 AM
ffpowerLN
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by lexusscturbo
Darin is in demand though; his prices are pretty decent too? I think 380 for an alignment/ coil over/ upper control arm install/ and counter balancing, as well as adjusting the coil overs to the driver's habits
Does that justify the way he treated masboy?

We all know the answer of that question.

Look, clearly some of you are buddies with Darin or really admire his work but it's fairly obvious that he treated masboy UNPROFESSIONALLY. I have no problem for backing a friend up but there has to be a limit. Nobody is denying his great work here but if he really dropped the ball big time on this one as far as customer service is concerned. Maybe some of you don't have problem to get ****ed all over here and there as long as you get what you want but I prefer to be treated with respect just like how I treat other people.

Last edited by ffpowerLN; 05-15-09 at 12:18 AM.
Old 05-16-09, 02:54 PM
Peter_95
Lexus Champion

when someone treats you like that, that just means he doesn't respect you.
To some people, Respect goes a long way, and i wouldn't want anyone viewing me as trash, that's my .02 and thats is all for me.
Old 05-16-09, 04:55 PM
edgy
Lead Lap

Darrin was definitely not too cool in that situation & it sounded pretty harsh but there must have bene more going on there that ruined his day cause he is usually from my exp. NOT a ****.

Bottom line is Darrin was in the wrong for NOT having an operational Answeing service or machine so he could have taken a message about the cancelled Apptmt. fro mwhat i know he usually rolls into the shop about 8 815 or so even with an 8am apptmt... when i went there 1st time, I was there before him that day.........

Ya gotta figure he deals with a lot of younger kids who think they need his services but are flakes & iresponsible with appointments....&...being the one mans show he is, he DEFINITELY lost income i am sure he was banking on,..... since he doesn't double book appointments and/or accomodate "Drive Up/Non apptmt. " business. he was left hanging...again, nothign a foking 15 dollar ANSWERING MACHINE wouldn't have helped manage...

So for sure had to sit around waiting for the next Apptmt to come in so several hours lost on his books with no income.....that and it could just have been a ****ty week....?? everyone has bad days & when **** ain't right all it takes is a little extra **** on top to just blow your attitude some times...

IMO Darin is pretty darn cool for the most part, & and his customer service was fine when I called & talked with him & eventually went there & had him do my car....
(corner balancing & coilover adjustments & dialing in) ...but then again ...I didn't cost him some income due to my personal/professional scheduling problems......

if you need the best ... call tomorrow & give a different name like some one else said...
if not,.... find another place

as for the respect issue... i am sure it was more of a bad week got a little worse that day & he just wasnt going to be good to deal with no matter what he's not a tool liek some people with alot of "Rep" based business can be.....
Old 05-18-09, 11:21 AM
Rich27
Lexus Test Driver

It's unfortunate that this happened to you, but Darrin is one really really cool dude.

He spent about an hour and a half doing my front and rear alignment. He answered all my questions and we had a great conversation about cars and life. There was another person that was waiting for him, but he took his time with my car and did not rush the job at all.

As far as my experience with his work and customer service, I would give in two huge thumbs up.
Old 05-18-09, 02:26 PM
Peter_95
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by audio28
It's unfortunate that this happened to you, but Darrin is one really really cool dude.

He spent about an hour and a half doing my front and rear alignment. He answered all my questions and we had a great conversation about cars and life. There was another person that was waiting for him, but he took his time with my car and did not rush the job at all.

As far as my experience with his work and customer service, I would give in two huge thumbs up.
havent seen you post in a while.... whats been up doode?
Old 05-19-09, 10:29 AM
brianlin87
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

i've taken all my cars to Darrin and he's been the most stand up guy i've worked with in regards to installation/pricing/alignment/corner balancing.

from track set-ups to just daily cruisers, Darrin is my one stop shop for suspension.
Old 05-19-09, 11:42 PM
AM1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by audio28

its funny cuz everytime i go there we talk about life and cars.....damn and that civic hatch with the b18c5, he has, sweeeetttt
Old 05-20-09, 02:08 AM
renren7
Lead Lap

I'm not saying OP did what ever he wanted to do, I'm just saying that I'm sure there are people out there that thinks they can do what ever they want because their the one paying, and thats not really showing respect as well right?

Its mutual respect and yes Darrin is at fault for his attitude but the conversation kinda turned into a customer service v.s. customer right thing so i just threw that out there, not to argue or anything