CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

<rant> West End Wheel Alignment - Gardena

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-09, 11:01 AM
masboy
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Angry <rant> West End Wheel Alignment - Gardena

I was supposed to have an appointment yesterday @8am (monday,may 11) for wheel alignment in West End. Then something urgent came up at my work around 6.30am that made me HAVE to be in office ASAP to taking care of server stuff. So I knew I won't be able to make it to West End that day, I tried to call a bunch of times before 8am, no voice mail whatsoever, so i can't leave a message. I called again couple times between 8am-8.15am, still no voice mail / someone answer. Then Darrin called me around 8.20am and I answered it right away and told him "I've been trying to call your office few times. Sorry I can't make it today, something urgent came up at work, so I need to reschedule", then he just said "OK" and HUNG UP. I was like ... alright, I guess i'm gonna call again later to make an appointment.

So I called again this morning, and this is pretty much how the conversation went :

me : hi, I'd like to make an appoinment.
Darrin : ok, what is this for ?
me : wheel alignment on my car.
Darrin : what kind of car ?
me : Lexus
Darrin : I ask the question again, WHAT kind of car ?
me : Lexus GS300
Darrin : what's your name ?
me : Kevin
Darrin : were you the one that cancel an appointment yesterday ?
me : Yeah, that was me.
Darrin : sorry I don't have any open schedule for you until next few weeks
me : yes, i know you are full until next few weeks, so I'd like to make an appointment for the next 2-3 weeks also.
Darrin : no, I don't have time for YOU until the next few weeks. You have to buy your cancel appointment (no quite clear on this, but I think he said something like that). Call me again in the next few weeks.
me : oh
<Darrin hung up on me>

I was like : WTH ? is this how he treat customer ? i'm sorry that I had to cancel my appointment due to my office urgent matter, but come on....you can't treat customer like that. I know he's the BEST on wheel alignment but seriously....what's up with the attitude ?

It's like you called the best Lexus dealer for car service appointment, then you cancel it in the last minute for urgent reason, and then that Lexus dealer won't allow you to make another appointment w/ them until the next few weeks. Will you go to that dealer again ?

I know I'm not gonna

</rant is over>

Old 05-12-09, 11:28 AM
lyyca
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm sorry to hear about your experience, so i went ahead to yelp this place. it's funny though...he got 5 stars from 11 reviews...hmm...

http://www.yelp.com/biz/west-end-ali...rch/query:West End Wheel Alignment
Old 05-12-09, 11:32 AM
masboy
Lexus Champion

yes I know Yelp give him 5 stars. I will probably give him 5 stars on his skills on wheel alignment, not on customer service. I probably the only ONE that complaint about that place because I cancel my appointment in the last minute.
Old 05-12-09, 12:37 PM
brianlin87
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

call again and say your name is John this time and deny ever canceling.
Old 05-12-09, 12:46 PM
renren7
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea I'd just make up a random name haha....
The thing is, it sucks for them too because you canceled, if you were in their shoes, you'd probably think the same too, its just he actually showed his attitude to you =(

The thing is, sometimes people that are good at something dont give a whole lot about customer service anymore since they're not afraid to lose customer... I know its a bad way to run business, but its his business...

So I'd just do what brianlin87 suggested, use a different name... haha

there's lots of GS300 on the road anyway, he wont know XD
Old 05-12-09, 01:02 PM
masboy
Lexus Champion

well if he were in my shoes, I think he will do exactly what I did.

Either got fired / yelled by your boss for not being in the office when something urgent need to be fixed OR got an attitude by 'a famously known wheel alignment' shop...
Old 05-12-09, 01:43 PM
ffpowerLN
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't care how "good" you are or you are the best but treating a customer like that is totally uncall for.

I'll just go somewhere else.
Old 05-12-09, 02:23 PM
Ap1_Alan
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Granted the attitude was uncalled for, but Darrin is a 1 man show there. As you know he's booked for weeks in advance, he probably looks at it like he lost the $ from your appointment because he didnt get any notice to fill the open appointment time.

His work is worth the wait, and he gives great service once you get there. I would call back and just give him a different name
Old 05-12-09, 02:34 PM
ffpowerLN
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Ap1_Alan
he probably looks at it like he lost the $ from your appointment because he didnt get any notice to fill the open appointment time.
As the OP have said, he called, no one picked up, no voice mail and still no one answered even past the appointment time.

One man show or not if you are going to run a business shouldn't you at least setup a voice mail?
Old 05-12-09, 03:27 PM
4ntvings
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

did you lower your car that much Kev, that you require west end's famed service?
if you're not that low, why not try another co?
Old 05-12-09, 03:28 PM
GS3Tek

Received 165 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by ffpowerLN
As the OP have said, he called, no one picked up, no voice mail and still no one answered even past the appointment time.

One man show or not if you are going to run a business shouldn't you at least setup a voice mail?
Yep, Masboy had the "courtesy" to call before and after. Nowadays, people don't give a rat's *** to call to cancel.

This is just an alignment, not brain surgery where major skill is required
Old 05-12-09, 03:29 PM
RX7 RAGE
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow, that sucks hard.
Old 05-12-09, 03:37 PM
masboy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 4ntvings
did you lower your car that much Kev, that you require west end's famed service?
if you're not that low, why not try another co?
hey Jason, haven't seen you in forum for a while.

anyway, well it's lower but not that low. Yeah I'm gonna try another co that for sure.
Old 05-12-09, 03:58 PM
KpXMystic
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wtf id drop that place in a heartbeat, thats no way to treat a customer
Old 05-12-09, 04:20 PM
07350FROST
Lead Lap

yeah dude.....that definitely sucks! he shouldnt have treated you like that. the problem is, that he IS the best at what he does and he IS a 1 man show. chances are he didnt make a dime that day and thats why he was pissed.

as someone else said.....unless your car is LOW!!!, dont bother to take it to him. thats what he specializes in...lowered cars. if you car is lowered a lot, hands down he's the best in the biz. i took my car to 2 places before him and they couldnt do beans with it!! although not much was adjusted......that "not much" saves me quite a bit of tire life!!!

Quick Reply: <rant> West End Wheel Alignment - Gardena