CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

ticket for foglights

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-09, 05:17 PM
eyezack87
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Now you got me wondering about yellow lol. Oh well, hope you get it taken care of successfully bud!
Old 05-14-09, 09:43 PM
john_papa
Pit Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think yellow is definetely legal
Old 05-14-09, 09:47 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

many lexus came with OEM yellow fogs I think you're safe
Old 05-14-09, 09:56 PM
Nigel-JDMParts
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Not exactly, I got PULL OVER because I am running with YELLOW FOG.
Old 05-14-09, 10:00 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Did they give you a ticket for it? I can see why they would pull you over because they dont think most cars came with yellow fogs. But if they give you a ticket for having yellow fogs (assuming they're not aftermarket HID), then I'd raise hell.
Old 05-14-09, 10:08 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

yellow is definitely legal. lexus cars are all legal in 50 states including CA
Old 05-14-09, 10:37 PM
Nigel-JDMParts
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by GSteg
Did they give you a ticket for it? I can see why they would pull you over because they dont think most cars came with yellow fogs. But if they give you a ticket for having yellow fogs (assuming they're not aftermarket HID), then I'd raise hell.
Originally Posted by rominl
yellow is definitely legal. lexus cars are all legal in 50 states including CA
It is legal, BUT............................

"You can only turn on your fog light when there is fog on the road, otherwise, you cannot turn on your fog light. It is not a driving light. Turn it off or I will issue a ticket."
Old 05-14-09, 10:50 PM
GSteg
Rookie

So really, they pulled you over for using the fog when its not warranted, not because they're yellow

I rarely ever turn on my fog lights just because I dont want the hassle if I ever get pulled over.
Old 05-14-09, 11:20 PM
Peter_95
Lexus Champion

a cop can pull the hood open if they want.,.... no need for court order if in the cops judgement he feels like there are some illegal mods in it.
anyways.... as far as your foglights go, 6k is white, but it does have a hint of blue in it. I would ask that you post a pic, but usually, a pic makes the white look more blue so dont take that to the judge.

take it to the dmv and have an inspector check it out but make sure that there is no blue in it.

5k is usually white and 6k has a hint of blue. Good luck and try to fight it.
Old 05-14-09, 11:21 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by Nigel-JDMParts

"You can only turn on your fog light when there is fog on the road, otherwise, you cannot turn on your fog light. It is not a driving light. Turn it off or I will issue a ticket."
actually that stands no ground. i have studied the handbook before and also talked to attorney / police friend before. it states clearly that the only rule for foglights is to be on together with driving lights (meaning you can't have the fogs on while headlights off). there is no law stating that fogs can ONLY be on when there is fogs. it only says the other way, that when there are fogs, then headlights/foglights should be on.

sometimes they just want to find ways to harass you
Old 05-15-09, 01:41 AM
PK_Celsior
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I never heard of having fogs on being illegal also. i also agree with rominl they where just trying to harass you. i drive everywhere with my lights and fogs on all the time.
Old 05-15-09, 02:05 AM
AlphaJZS
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by john_papa
i got a ticket today for a having a foglight blue the cop told me that my foglight is too blue. and i have 6000k and its pretty white. my car is blue though. do you guys think it would just be a fix ticket? or wats the worse they could charge me for it. thanks. and this is at cerritos near south st. and shoemaker. watch out for that guy. he's a big ****
i wouldnt worry too much about it, pop in a halogen bulb get it fixed and move on. put your hid's back in once its paid off. most cops wont pull you over for that bs ticket. more than likely he was looking for something else.
Old 05-15-09, 02:31 AM
Nigel-JDMParts
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rominl
actually that stands no ground. i have studied the handbook before and also talked to attorney / police friend before. it states clearly that the only rule for foglights is to be on together with driving lights (meaning you can't have the fogs on while headlights off). there is no law stating that fogs can ONLY be on when there is fogs. it only says the other way, that when there are fogs, then headlights/foglights should be on.

sometimes they just want to find ways to harass you
Originally Posted by PK_Celsior
I never heard of having fogs on being illegal also. i also agree with rominl they where just trying to harass you. i drive everywhere with my lights and fogs on all the time.
I agree!! I guess he just had nothing to do in the middle of the night.

It was around 3 a.m. when he decided to pull me over and tell me about my fog light being yellow colored and there was no fog on the road.

It definately scare the **** out of me, I thought he is gonna write me a ticket after I told him my Lexus come with OEM yellow fog light. (I acutally have HID yellow fog.). He can always look for tint window, no front plate, exhaust, pop up my hood or speeding if anything. But he told me to turn off the fog light, then I am free to go.

At least, he lets me walk away without any ticket.
Old 05-15-09, 09:48 AM
john_papa
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Nigel-JDMParts

that is definetely not correct. i also got pulled over b4 on my es300 and at first the guy told me that its illegal to turn on ur foglights when theres no fog. then he went to his car and cameback. then said that he was wrong its actually legal to turn it on even with no fog. is still got a fix ticket though for having it aim to high
Old 05-15-09, 09:53 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by john_papa
that is definetely not correct. i also got pulled over b4 on my es300 and at first the guy told me that its illegal to turn on ur foglights when theres no fog. then he went to his car and cameback. then said that he was wrong its actually legal to turn it on even with no fog. is still got a fix ticket though for having it aim to high
hey at least he admitted fault

Quick Reply: ticket for foglights