CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

need some advice

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-09, 08:45 PM
silvrdakrt
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need some advice

Well about two weeks ago I sold my 1970 firebird prostreet.The guy that both it came about 4-5 times to look at it. On saturday 04/25 he showed up with a tow truck and $2000 Our agreement was $2500. I told him no deal and eventually persuaded me to let him take it and he would pay me the rest the next week So I still have the Pink slip in my possession. So its been two weeks and its been back and forth about hes was going stop by and drop the money to this week he said he'd have the money by Friday. I contacted him Friday He said the car is not what he thought it was and his bike and his two cars are broken down so he hasn't been able to come by. I said fine I will be out in your area Sunday he said fine. I contacted him earlier today to Confirm and He said He does not have the money til next week again. So he goes on saying the car doesn't have a Posi yada yada. So basically he's stalling me. Now Im Pissed what Can I do after next week when he wont have the money again! Can I pursue legal action or what are my options?
Old 05-16-09, 09:33 PM
lexusscturbo
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think 90 days is the cooldown timeslot in CA to file a missing pinkslip; if an owner does not claim the car stolen with proof of ownership?