CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

South Orange County Meets

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-09, 08:16 PM
SoCal35
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Although the Spectrum has ample parking, it's not a good place to have a meet. A friend of mine has been to G35 meets there and they always get asked to leave because of loitering- I'm guessing because of incidents that have happened in the past (burnouts, revving, etc). I guess it's like zero tolerance now.

Does anyone know if it's a good idea at the Kaleidoscope off of Crown Valley Pkwy? I would think it's a good place cuz it's right off the exit also. I haven't driven down to Ladera Ranch much in the past, nor do I now, but does anyone know of any areas there? I know there have been restaurants and such opening up.

Man, I wish south OC wasn't so uptight with car meets.

Last edited by SoCal35; 05-31-09 at 08:21 PM.
Old 05-31-09, 10:13 PM
TomLee
Lexus Champion

We could take over the jeffery meets in front of tapioca Express haha
Old 05-31-09, 10:50 PM
VNN326
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

do it in socali ! the block or something
Old 06-01-09, 12:35 AM
vinh
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TomLee
im down with that!!
Old 06-01-09, 08:44 AM
TomLee
Lexus Champion

Jeffery Tapioca Express is good. We could get drinks, and food and hang out. I dont know if they have had trouble with previous meets there though. Vinh, no not you Vinh, the other Vinh, Jefferey is only a couple exits away from the block?

Would TUESDAY work? A 7-10pm Meet.
Old 06-01-09, 12:07 PM
xuningshen
Lexus Test Driver

no to the block imo. anyplace where the parking is already packed out is not a good idea cuz then it would be hard to find a big enough place to gather all the cars. i'm located in huntington, and i agree, we need a meet more south, the weekly friday meet is to freaking far away or else i'd be there alot.

i'm going to try and think of a good place and maybe possibly just drive around and look for one. maybe a bunch of us can just cruise around and scout out locations for a meet.

personally for me any weekday isn't very good except fri. cuz of work the next morning... don't wanna be out late, i like to be in bed around 10, and i mean already in bed not heading home haha
Old 06-01-09, 12:20 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

I'm temporarily in Irvine and work in South OC, I'll be moving there soon so I'm down for a meet every once in a while.
Old 06-01-09, 12:39 PM
SoCal Cyco
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

what about south coast plaza? there is always parking avalible there.
Old 06-01-09, 01:50 PM
bombermani
Pole Position

^ SCP has a lot of bicycle patrols cruising around the parking lots so unless they're chill about us having a meet there, I don't think it would work.

There's always Bella Terra's top floor parking structure though I'm not sure about the security issue.
Old 06-01-09, 02:51 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Big malls such as South Coast Plaza and The Irvine Spectrum are the WORST places to go to because of heightened security. Blame it on the rich elitist South OC folk...

If I was planning a meet, I would choose an open area with a single business instead of a mall. And choose to meet during the day instead of at night.

For example, when I had a pre-Presidents' Day meet for a convoy, I chose Spectrum Ducati at the Irvine Auto Center. Plenty of parking, cars/motorcycles are welcome, and we took advantage of an open house which meant free drinks and snacks...
Old 06-01-09, 03:09 PM
rpx13
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how about HB by Main St....lots of parking in the beach area....i'd be down to meet...
Old 06-01-09, 03:37 PM
pingu
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TomLee
The problem with that lot is parking. The lot is small and there are a lot of people shopping at 99 ranch and the surrounding bakeries/restaurants.

Lollicup / Yogurt land center across the street is usually pretty packed too unless you park in the back.

The Irvine meet used to be down the street on Jeffery right across the freeway iirc. It is where the Kohls is. That shopping center is much larger.

Another option could be Genki Living on the corner of Jeffery and irvine center, across the street from IVC. That business center is pretty dead in the evenings and there should be plenty of parking.

Last edited by pingu; 06-01-09 at 03:53 PM.
Old 06-01-09, 03:50 PM
eyezack87
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What about The District you guys? Sure its busy but its not too hard to find parking. We can all then go eat afterwords at one of the restaurants there
Old 06-01-09, 03:55 PM
SoCal Cyco
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

i like the idea of bella tera or main street. main would have nice scenery ie chicks in bikinis, oh and the beach backdrop is not so bad either. great for pics with the pier in the back ground. the only thing that sucks is they charge for parking.

maybe mile square park
Old 06-01-09, 04:09 PM
TomLee
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by pingu
The problem with that lot is parking. The lot is small and there are a lot of people shopping at 99 ranch and the surrounding bakeries/restaurants.

Lollicup / Yogurt land center across the street is usually pretty packed too unless you park in the back.

The Irvine meet used to be down the street on Jeffery right across the freeway iirc. It is where the Kohls is. That shopping center is much larger.

Another option could be Genki Living on the corner of Jeffery and irvine center, across the street from IVC. That business center is pretty dead in the evenings and there should be plenty of parking.

Yeah but on weekdays i dont think its gets that busy

Quick Reply: South Orange County Meets