CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

BAD DAY!!! fix ticket, please help

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-09, 04:49 PM
love67
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lexdymndz
not to kick you while you're down, but either way you're gonna have to pay fees...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZE7DMBmmhyc
fix ticket fee is not that much right?..
Old 06-25-09, 04:52 PM
love67
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by vinh
Fix it tickets are not that big of a deal. Just get it fixed. Welcome to the world of riding dirtayyyyy. The california vehicle code in terms of ride height has been changed quite a lot so i'm not sure what it is now. But basically if you aren't stock, its illegal.

But like stated above, switching plates is very hit or miss. When i've gotten fix it tickets signed off i've had some cops just glance over my car, while i've had others check all vins. I would advise you to not do that, because if you do get caught.......... prepare to be screwed by the long ***** of the law.

*******edit, thanks for posting the CVC ^post above me
thanks for the advise ....i just hate to take the parts out and put it back on....plus my car just can't carry the stock exhaust to the intaller... so annoying!!!!!
Old 06-25-09, 04:53 PM
lexdymndz
Lead Lap

couldn't tell you. havent had a fix it ticket in a long time. *knock on wood*
Old 06-25-09, 05:20 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

measure from the ground to the center of your headlight projector (low beam), not to the fender, that doesnt mean anything.

your red reflectors are rendered useless if you tint over them. that's why even though the car HAS them, they arent usable as reflectors and therefore illegal.

for the exhaust, officers are allowed to write tickets if they ESTIMATE that it is too loud, but you can ask the court for a chance to ref your car and when you do that, if you pass they give you a paper/sticker that basically will prevent cops from writing you a ticket.
Old 06-25-09, 07:56 PM
love67
Lexus Test Driver

just measured..and it's 25.8" low beam to theground...., so too low is ok...
and for the reflectors, i can just take off the reflector's tint, then it's legal right?
for the exhaust, does anybody know if the tanabe will pass the test?
thanks alot
Nick
Old 06-25-09, 10:09 PM
sagikun
Driver

Originally Posted by love67
hi guys,
i just got my first fix ticket today, and they wrote my car is "too low", " smoked tail light" and "exhaust".....
i was wondering what can i do? can i borrow some one's IS to get the ticket done? because all they wrote was 06 LEXUS IS BLACK....
or it have to be my car...?
also what is the definition of "too low"?
they are just being an A S S....my car is not even loud.... too dark...and too low....
thanks alot!
Nick
So lets see what what he sighted you for. post the vehicle code violations that your being accused of and lets see if you really broke the law based on the vc that he used. "too low" doesnt sound too professional on the cops behalf which leads me to believe that he hasnt written many "too low" tickets. so theres a chance he didnt use the right vc
Old 06-25-09, 10:51 PM
love67
Lexus Test Driver

here is the ticket
Old 06-26-09, 01:20 AM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

here is the ticket
based on this i can give you a hit by hit for what to press for when you go to court/police office to get it all signed off.

CVC 24008(a)- officer will notice that vehicle has no portions (bumper extensions, lip kti ANYTHING) that extends below the lip of any of the wheels. as long as this is TRUE that portion of the ticket is nullified. (the other CVC, 24400, was not indicated as an infraction and therefore need not even be mentioned.)

CVC 24600(c)- he quoted the wrong CVC but whatever, strip the tint off the bottom reflectors and you MIGHT be able to get away without stripping the tails themselves.

CVC 27150(a)- get your exhaust reffed BEFORE you go to get the rest of the infractions signed off. follow these directions, you SHOULD be able to pass, most IS350s arent nearly loud enough to fail. http://www.bar.ca.gov/80_BARResource...evel_Cert.html
Old 06-26-09, 02:36 AM
love67
Lexus Test Driver

^^^ thanks alot!
do you know where is the Referee Center? i couldn't find it... or i can go to any smog check shop?
sorry asking so many question...
thanks
Nick
Old 06-26-09, 10:33 AM
sagikun
Driver

your ok, dont even worry about it. just go to the reff to get your exhaust tested, after you pass, go straight to the police station to get the other two signed off. your not in violation of wat he wrote on your ticket. you dont have to change a thing
Old 06-26-09, 10:35 AM
sagikun
Driver

they will write it off, as long as u pass the exhaust noise thing,. which im pretty sure u will. honestly, yur good. even though u dont pass the exhaust sound one, yur still good
Old 06-26-09, 10:43 AM
sagikun
Driver

^^^ thanks alot!
do you know where is the Referee Center? i couldn't find it... or i can go to any smog check shop?
sorry asking so many question...
thanks
Nick
cant go to any smog shop. im a smog tech and i for sure dont have a tool to measure exhaust decibles. lol. but u can call the number on step 2 and set up an appointmenthttp://www.bar.ca.gov/80_BARResource...ise_Levels.pdf
Old 06-26-09, 11:03 AM
hapaboy
Lexus Champion

they should've copied your address from you DL. and if they somehow didn't write down your vin, they'll match the different black car to your address, and it'll be wrong.
Old 06-26-09, 12:45 PM
ElitistK
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

smoked tails are nothing but cop magnet. Besides smoking the backup signal, smoking anything else is asking for trouble.

doesn't matter if the reflector is oem or smoked, your main tail light might still be too dark for some to see at night.
Old 06-26-09, 09:39 PM
love67
Lexus Test Driver

thanks guys!!! im going to wait until the letter comes, then i will make the appointment to ref my exhaust, hopefully my tanabe will pass the test!..thanks guys..
thanks for everyone's help...
if i have anymore question please help me, haha!
thanks
Nick

Quick Reply: BAD DAY!!! fix ticket, please help