CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Lexus of cerritos-help

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-09, 09:53 PM
AceM3
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by racerboi07
i have a cousin that works there..
Wow Really whats his Name?
I might know him...

Originally Posted by Lexus;
I usually get my car serviced there.
If you go service your car there, whos your advisor?
Old 07-06-09, 07:58 AM
masboy
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

i had good experience w/ sales & service.

I don't remember the advisor's name. This is pretty much what happened....

I called couple days before drop my car to get my CEL checked, then the lady said "there won't be loan car available for you on the day you drop the car, you can do it next week and we can definitely get a loan car for you", but I can't wait that long because it's a CEL on, so I was "it's cool, i'm just gonna ask someone (my dad) to go w/ me then", so when I got there i talked to this advisor, we were talking about bla bla bla....then where do I work and stuff, and I told him I'm working in West LA and I have to take a train + bus today. and this is how the conversation went...

the guy : "why you have to take the train ? from buena park to west LA by train ? how long it's gonna take for you to get there ?"
me : "well about 1.5 hrs - 2 hrs max"
the guy : "wow...that's too much. You don't get car loan from us ?"
me : "I called few days ago and the lady told me you guys don't have any loan car available for me anymore for today"
the guy : "that doesn't make sense, I will get one for you. Don't worry, just sit here and I'll work it out"
me : "wow....that would be great!"

anyway, to make long story short, he did extra mile to get me a loan car (it's ES350) and I was pretty happy that I don't have to take train + bus that day. AND he didn't say anything when he opened my hood & saw an intake. I heard some advisor won't even bother to check ur CEL when they saw an intake.

So for Lexus cerritos for me...
Old 07-06-09, 08:07 AM
Blk96Supra
Lead Lap

Never bought a car from there. But have been there for parts and just to check out the cars. Parts side they were pretty decent, nothing special but nothing bad.

On the other hand the Sale guys are complete DOUCH BAGS!!!! I roll up park my Supra upfront and just kinda went looking at the cars. I didnt expect anyone to help me right away but atleast a greeting would've been nice. Seriously no one even came up to me after like 10 minutes. And its not like it was busy, it was on a Wednesday evening around 5PM. So i think i was the only person on the lot that wasnt working there. Some older indian douch finally comes up to me as i look at the new ES's and sees me tring to open the door and ask if he can helps me now. LIke i was tring to steal the car.

Then i asked some basic questions between the ES and IS. Answers were very general no effort or details into them, like i'm taking his precious time away from the other douch bags. Asked about pricing and then gives me attitude about how much i can afford. So after that i was like f#*k this and left there. Never had i ever been treated like that at ANY other dealerships i have ever been to. Guess they didnt want to help me since i wasnt didnt look like i could afford a new Lexus. Sorry i was just in some jeans and a tshirt Lexus of Cerritos.

Sorry for my crying, but thats just the last and only experence i had with their sales guys. And it just left a very bad taste in my mouth about them.
Old 07-06-09, 10:11 AM
joeker
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AceM3
Whos Your Advisor
service advisor? i believe his name is francis
Old 07-06-09, 04:23 PM
AceM3
Driver

Wow those two are veru diferent stories!

So far from this forum and other

sources this is what I have come up with... work with me here...

Sales:
Complete D Bags only like people that look like they have money.

They treat everyone like trash and act as if they are doing you a favor.

Sevice is OK but not the best around. have heard of some bad cases of lot damage

and conflicts with service advisors.

The way i see so far

Sonia Mendosa, Francis S, and Brian Kim are the adivsors to see.
Some guy named Jaime is a d bag too, just wants money has ha people
leavehis office in tears! some of the others are TOO new or not well informed
on their services...

Techs are ok and if any problems, to testdrive with a guy named
Joseph N hes really good!

Anything i left out?
Old 07-06-09, 05:19 PM
joeker
Racer

i was wrong, my advisor wasn't francis, it was actually brian kim. i went there today to see him , and in terms of sales, if you're looking to purchase, talk to my man david tang, he's a good guy
Old 07-06-09, 06:26 PM
KA8
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by projectdna
my brother wanted to buy a 3gs a while back, and he was treated very poorly. least to say, he never wanted to visit another lexus dealership from that experience.

when i wanted to buy my 2is, i was treated very poorly there. i eventually went elsewhere to get my 2is.

for service, i've taken my 2is to lexus of westminster many times, and they've treated me with nothing but the utmost respect; ask for charlie sarno.

btw, their service department is down the street from the showroom, so you don't have to deal with or face any sales managers or salespersons when you take your car in for service.
Lexus of Cerritos is not what a lexus dealer should be. Everything is more expensive than other dealerships and something doesn't feel right every time I went there.

Lexus of Westminster was superb. Highly recommended. They gave me an RX as a loaner to have my brakes bled. Prices are fair too. Richard Lim was my SA. He tried to get me discount on $8 part. Wouldn't go anywhere else.
Old 07-06-09, 06:35 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Originally Posted by joeker
i did not go to longo because of different county fees. and i did not go to westminster, though i live here
FYI, you pay tax based on where you live, not where you buy. You could've bought your car anywhere and still only paid Orange County tax.
Old 07-07-09, 12:41 AM
bigguppy
Instructor

Cerritos is not bad. My service advisor name was Debbie. She even brought out the tech who will be working on my car to go over my complaints. The guy name was Kurt. Both I thought was a good team at getting the job done. The chubby guy in the part dept is really cool. I always look for him when getting my stuff but never got his name. lol

But I don’t know why I like Westminster better. Maybe each time I come in for service there is a loaner ready for me vs Cerritos where you would have to call in advance. Ask for Jorge at Westminster, he is a car enthusiastic.
Old 07-07-09, 12:45 AM
gemini1
FNM President

Originally Posted by bigguppy
Cerritos is not bad. My service advisor name was Debbie. She even brought out the tech who will be working on my car to go over my complaints. The guy name was Kurt. Both I thought was a good team at getting the job done. The chubby guy in the part dept is really cool. I always look for him when getting my stuff but never got his name. lol

But I don’t know why I like Westminster better. Maybe each time I come in for service there is a loaner ready for me vs Cerritos where you would have to call in advance. Ask for Jorge at Westminster, he is a car enthusiastic.

^^^ I agree ask for Jorge Buenestros @ Wesminster. He's the best there IMO..
Always very friendly to..

Last edited by gemini1; 07-07-09 at 12:57 AM.
Old 07-07-09, 03:31 AM
BMwhat?
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i took my mom there to get her RX... and they were pretty good. But when i went to the "service" for my GS the guy was a real a..hole. I just had a few questions because my brake light had a bad ground and kept popping the bulb. He was being short with me and acting like i was wasting his time. Then when i was about to walk away i talked to one of the actual mechanics and he went straight to my car, did a few test, changed the wiring, gave me a new bulb and said have a nice day. when i asked how much, he said dont worry about it. Wish i got his name... really cool guy.

So i guess it depends on who you get to help you. Cant really measure the entire company based on 1 guy. Although i must say, ive NEVER had a problem at westminster.
Old 07-07-09, 09:33 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

SALES:

My sister bought her GS300 there about 4 yrs ago. Pleasant experience, with a very attentive salesman (no longer works there) and spent a lot of time with us personally. Was at the dealership at 5PM, and closed the deal at 10PM, all the time never rushing us to close the deal. Played the negotiation game with charisma and charm, and disclosed all information asked.

Currently, whenever I go there, most of the salesmen know who I am (my family has four Lexus, so they all know us when we get our cars serviced), so they don't approach me too often to see if I want to buy a car. I haven't been able to help anyone buy a Lexus there (my family had a unique Lexus-buying experience), so I can't comment any further than my sister's experience.

SERVICE:

My service manager, Dorothy Lunney, is outstanding. Superb. I cannot give any better praise. She takes care of my family for all of our service needs. Attentive, energetic, accommodating, and thorough. Costs of maintenance about the same, if not a little less, than other local Lexus dealerships.

However, the quality of repair/service from the technicians can be better. Sure, the simple stuff is good: oil changes, general maintenance, and even the car wash ain't bad. Recalls are easily taken care of.

Some of the major things have been a bit subpar. I had a poor paintless-dent-removal experience (which was outsourced), questionable wheel alignment service (my tires prematurely wore out), and some difficulty with TSIB service (not really as knowledgeable as Longo). Warranty repairs have been up and down; some items fixed, some not. Also, service does take a little bit of time; regular 5k-mile services can take up to two hours. Major services can be longer, but they'll provide a rental Lexus if needed.
Old 07-07-09, 10:00 AM
nsxiboi
Lead Lap

One thing I dislike about the service is that they are so uptight with their loaner cars. They expect you to return the car the day your car is done. I would like to keep it a little longer for convenience. They charge you $79 for late return.
Old 07-07-09, 10:57 AM
needlejeff
Driver School Candidate

Question

So Ace, what was your experience? It seems you're compiling information but not revealing what happened with you and Lexus of Cerrittos.
Old 07-07-09, 11:53 AM
AceM3
Driver

Kirks not there anymore, hes at Tustin Lexus now.

Log story short...
I took my IS in once and asked for a rear license frame because my old one was cracked, they took it the back for service.
They tried to charge me for the plastic frame, 0.5hrs.
After they removed it from the bill they took my car out of wash.
and the front bumper had a frame bolted on with no bracket and
uneven, the rear plate hadnt even been touched.
I tried complaining of the two new holes in my bumper that
I hadnt asked for but i was ignored.
Asked for the service manager, but he wasnt there,
So I took off,

The only reason im considering going back
Now its because its the closest one, Westminister is
Really good, I know some of the techs, but its too far for me...
Same as Tustin, theyre good but far.

Dont mean to sound like a cry baby, but they cost me a Bumper

Last edited by AceM3; 07-07-09 at 12:06 PM.

Quick Reply: Lexus of cerritos-help