CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Cars and Coffee 8/08/ Feat Cargraphic Porsche GT3RS, Carerra GT, Audi R8 PPI Razor,

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-09, 07:39 PM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile Cars and Coffee 8/08/ Feat Cargraphic Porsche GT3RS, Carerra GT, Audi R8 PPI Razor,

1. Porsche 997 GT3

2. Stuggart Performance's Porsche 997 GT3RS w/ Cargraphic parts

3. Porsche Carerra GT Supercar

4. 1966 Hertz "Rent-A-Racer" Shelby GT350H

6. Audi R8 "Razor" by PPI Automotive Design

8. Slammed!

9.Ultima Can-Am

10. Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera

More shots

http://the-perfect-exposure.blogspot...argraphic.html
Old 08-08-09, 08:06 PM
t0e
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

^^^ I saw this guy racing his lambo at laguna seca..!! haha!
Old 08-08-09, 08:16 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 551 Likes on 370 Posts

Nice pictures as always. I was suppose to go this morning, but I couldn't wake up. It looks like I missed out.
Old 08-09-09, 12:06 PM
1KhpWrx
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Once I can get an exhaust thats less loud I will be bringing my T78 1JZ SC300 out to cars and coffee.
Its close to my house.
Old 08-09-09, 11:54 PM
link13
Lead Lap

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by 1KhpWrx
Once I can get an exhaust thats less loud I will be bringing my T78 1JZ SC300 out to cars and coffee.
Its close to my house.
The snob factor is up there since the whole S2000 thing happened back in Feb. While I would be enthusiastic about a 1JZ SC300, maybe some at C&C would not. I don't take my 1GS there even though it's unlike any you'd see on the road with mods, etc. My AE86 will never go there.

Your car sounds great and I would love to see it. I am not saying don't take it to C&C, but maybe do a reconn mission so you can get a glimpse of the snobbery there. I think your SC would be well-appreciated at any Lexus meet and at Toyotafest as well. C&C is more a crowd impressed by leased, used Gallardos.
Old 08-10-09, 12:02 AM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by link13
The snob factor is up there since the whole S2000 thing happened back in Feb. While I would be enthusiastic about a 1JZ SC300, maybe some at C&C would not. I don't take my 1GS there even though it's unlike any you'd see on the road with mods, etc. My AE86 will never go there.

Your car sounds great and I would love to see it. I am not saying don't take it to C&C, but maybe do a reconn mission so you can get a glimpse of the snobbery there. I think your SC would be well-appreciated at any Lexus meet and at Toyotafest as well. C&C is more a crowd impressed by leased, used Gallardos.
I beg to differ. I have been attending this event religiously since it first started (probably more than anyone on this forum) and aside from a few snobs, there is a wide range of cars in the show area. What makes this event unique is that there is something for everyone. Some of the older guys with muscle cars marvel at the turbo set-up of Supras.

Though it is very subjective, I think the biggest problem with the meet is that space is very limited and you have guys parking their stock C5 Vette or a stock Evo taking up the space of more unique and/or much more exclusive cars.

For a while, I have seen a guy with a pre-1997 SC300 that is near stock parking up front for a couple weeks straight
Old 08-10-09, 12:12 AM
link13
Lead Lap

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by xknowonex
I beg to differ. I have been attending this event religiously since it first started (probably more than anyone on this forum) and aside from a few snobs, there is a wide range of cars in the show area. What makes this event unique is that there is something for everyone. Some of the older guys with muscle cars marvel at the turbo set-up of Supras.

Though it is very subjective, I think the biggest problem with the meet is that space is very limited and you have guys parking their stock C5 Vette or a stock Evo taking up the space of more unique and/or much more exclusive cars.

For a while, I have seen a guy with a pre-1997 SC300 that is near stock parking up front for a couple weeks straight
I appreciate your perspective and I think I'll give it another try. Some of the stuff posted at the C&C site was what got me the most annoyed about snobbery, but those were from a few people vs. many exhibitors and attendees. I had basically given up on C&C, but will give it another try based on your comments.

I like your photo work. The Porsches from the most recent C&C along with the Hertz 'Stang are brilliant. I was just browsing your archives and saw a few shots of my 1GS from the President's Day meet. Thanks for those.
Old 08-10-09, 12:16 AM
1KhpWrx
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was living in Newport Coast when the show was at Crystal Cove. I've been there 100 times at least.
I always have a built race car of some sort.
The true car guys down there know what is nice or well built and whats a piece of crapola. These are the people I go there to talk to.
The ones with the leased cars and snobby attitudes are the people that I like to have a conversation about the fact that they like to compensate.
Old 08-10-09, 12:18 AM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by link13
I appreciate your perspective and I think I'll give it another try. Some of the stuff posted at the C&C site was what got me the most annoyed about snobbery, but those were from a few people vs. many exhibitors and attendees. I had basically given up on C&C, but will give it another try based on your comments.

I like your photo work. The Porsches from the most recent C&C along with the Hertz 'Stang are brilliant. I was just browsing your archives and saw a few shots of my 1GS from the President's Day meet. Thanks for those.
No problem

I honestly just think that people should know their place when they attend like in the previous examples that I brought up.

Personally, I have never parked my car in the show area for obvious reasons but for most other people their ego is tied inextricably to their cars so they must show their cars. If it is not newly released, not rare, not extensively modified, not exotic, then just park it in the spectator area and enjoy the show