CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

9/27/09 - Longo Lexus presents: "The Pursuit" Toyota Speedway @ Irwindale

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-09, 03:00 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by javyLSU
No, you can't.

From the Toyota Speedway website:

Javier
so we cant bring out our big cameras?

i thought some of those rules were specific to when they (the speedway) were holding events there??
Old 09-25-09, 03:38 PM
emoshun
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Such is the way the carefully censored post before mine went, so shall my mistake be gone, but not forgotten.

Last edited by emoshun; 09-26-09 at 02:34 AM. Reason: She wouldn't have wanted it this way...
Old 09-25-09, 05:13 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by GGP4me
Even bottled water?? I could understand the outside food/beverage part but water too?
We have to use some common sense here people. Are you going to get kicked out for having a bottle of water? No. But if you're planning on bringing a mini fridge full of drinks, then you're taking your chances. Those are the Speedway's rules, not ours, and we have to follow them in light of the sheer number of people that will be in attendance.

Originally Posted by PureDrifter
so we cant bring out our big cameras?

i thought some of those rules were specific to when they (the speedway) were holding events there??
I wouldn't worry about the camera rule. Cameras are welcome.

Javier
Old 09-25-09, 05:35 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Originally Posted by emoshun
This sounds like whomever is selling the water looks to make a lot of $$$.

Bringing water onto the premises is not a Toyota Speedway Rule, it was set forth by Longo Lexus/The Pursuit Organizers in an effort to capitalize on this basic function of thirst.

24 pack of 16oz water bottles costs $5 most anywhere, and if you buy from Costco, it's even less.

$1 a bottle, and they're still making good money, but I bet it'll be more.
Let's clear a few things up.

These are not our rules. They are Toyota Speedway rules. I guess you missed the direct link to the Toyota Speedway website I provided earlier in this thread.

Toyota Speedway is a place of business. A place of business that's costing us A LOT of money. We aren't making a dime off this event, on the contrary it's costing us a fortune. Concurrently, we didn't "make up" any rules to help them make money, because it doesn't benefit us at all. All we are doing here is relaying the rules the speedway has set forth. It's up to them to enforce them, and how strictly to enforce them. We (the event staff) certainly won't be policing any of their rules. It's our job as organizers to make you aware of their rules, so you can make your own decision as an adult whether to follow them or not.

I'd appreciate if you would take the time to ask questions to the event organizers instead of launching accusations and making blind assumptions regarding something you know nothing about. I'd be more than happy to clear up any other misconceptions anyone may have regarding this event

Javier
Old 09-25-09, 05:57 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

Just wondering.. upon arrival what do we need to bring to show that we are registered??
Old 09-25-09, 06:03 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

Bringing water onto the premises is not a Toyota Speedway Rule, it was set forth by Longo Lexus/The Pursuit Organizers in an effort to capitalize on this basic function of thirst.

24 pack of 16oz water bottles costs $5 most anywhere, and if you buy from Costco, it's even less.

man vs wild it then... drink you **** lol
Old 09-25-09, 06:19 PM
JamesN
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Jimmy, you are very mistaken about us selling water and making money. We are Not making 1 cent on this event. In fact, Longo Lexus are spending Thousands of dollars on this meet. Let me give you an example on the expenses. The insurance I have to get for the Speedway in order to book for this event is 10Million Dollars alone. I personally have to plead with track management just so we can give out IN/Out Burgers for you guys. Also, the price on booking a In/Out truck and all those Burgers is NOT cheap. Now, what about the expenses of track staff, safety crew, Tech inspectors, etc... Get my point.
My team and I work very hard day and night just to make this event possible and for all to enjoy for FREE. Saying that we make money of this is a Huge insult to me. Sorry.

If anyone have question about bringing water or drinks etc. Please feel free to PM Me, Javy, and Ryan. We are more than happy to help you out. Thank you
Old 09-25-09, 06:57 PM
vinh
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JamesN
Jimmy, you are very mistaken about us selling water and making money. We are Not making 1 cent on this event. In fact, Longo Lexus are spending Thousands of dollars on this meet. Let me give you an example on the expenses. The insurance I have to get for the Speedway in order to book for this event is 10Million Dollars alone. I personally have to plead with track management just so we can give out IN/Out Burgers for you guys. Also, the price on booking a In/Out truck and all those Burgers is NOT cheap. Now, what about the expenses of track staff, safety crew, Tech inspectors, etc... Get my point.
My team and I work very hard day and night just to make this event possible and for all to enjoy for FREE. Saying that we make money of this is a Huge insult to me. Sorry.

If anyone have question about bringing water or drinks etc. Please feel free to PM Me, Javy, and Ryan. We are more than happy to help you out. Thank you
I'll bring you a Cafe Su Da James so you will be awake and replenished during the event.
Old 09-25-09, 08:36 PM
Nebby
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think I was either the 2nd to last or last person to register. Glad I got in, since I just picked up my 3GS a week ago and it'll be cool to meet other enthusiasts. Ironically enough I got it from Longo Lexus and they made no mention of this event
Old 09-25-09, 10:24 PM
lexusscturbo
Lexus Champion

Insurance is $$ for big events with high risks.... : props : to the staff and sponsors for doing this especially with a frugal economy. I would imagine it took time/ patience to host an event of such caliper.
Old 09-25-09, 11:07 PM
t0e
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by javyLSU
Let's clear a few things up.

These are not our rules. They are Toyota Speedway rules. I guess you missed the direct link to the Toyota Speedway website I provided earlier in this thread.

Toyota Speedway is a place of business. A place of business that's costing us A LOT of money. We aren't making a dime off this event, on the contrary it's costing us a fortune. Concurrently, we didn't "make up" any rules to help them make money, because it doesn't benefit us at all. All we are doing here is relaying the rules the speedway has set forth. It's up to them to enforce them, and how strictly to enforce them. We (the event staff) certainly won't be policing any of their rules. It's our job as organizers to make you aware of their rules, so you can make your own decision as an adult whether to follow them or not.

I'd appreciate if you would take the time to ask questions to the event organizers instead of launching accusations and making blind assumptions regarding something you know nothing about. I'd be more than happy to clear up any other misconceptions anyone may have regarding this event

Javier
Javy, are you guys giving up monetary funding for this event?

Or is LONGO Lexus paying for the event? Just asking....
Old 09-25-09, 11:36 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

^Both. Longo is providing the lion's share of the support as lead sponsor.

Javier
Old 09-26-09, 12:51 AM
stevechumo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't understand this statement. When you come in for free and drive at the drag track for free, plus the meals/drinks provided for you for free, who will pay for that? Will $1/bottle selling to a person make up for a free $20 entrance fee plus free meal?

I'd really appreciate for all who organize and make this event very special. All other Lexus chapters nationwide gotta envy for what we have here.
Old 09-26-09, 01:43 AM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by stevechumo
I don't understand this statement. When you come in for free and drive at the drag track for free, plus the meals/drinks provided for you for free, who will pay for that? Will $1/bottle selling to a person make up for a free $20 entrance fee plus free meal?

I'd really appreciate for all who organize and make this event very special. All other Lexus chapters nationwide gotta envy for what we have here.
please refer to the previous posts by javyLSU and JamesN for clarification. /OT

this meet is free to attendees, spectators, and lexus owners because of the contributions from not only longo lexus but also from all of our great sponsors. in addition, the staff has committed an extraordinary amount of time and effort to create a unique experience and record-breaking event.

let's reciprocate the extended generosity and hard work by properly and proudly representing the lexus community.
Old 09-26-09, 02:30 AM
emoshun
Lexus Champion

I want to apologize for the ostentatiously reprehensible comment of mine.

Javier you jave PM.

Quick Reply: 9/27/09 - Longo Lexus presents: "The Pursuit" Toyota Speedway @ Irwindale