CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

9/27/09 - Longo Lexus presents: "The Pursuit" Toyota Speedway @ Irwindale

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-09, 12:35 AM
vinh
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is the 1/8th mile a single lane or double lane?? Also is there going to be any sort of inspection or anything like that before we race??
Old 08-19-09, 12:39 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

Okay, registrant list updated to 136.
Old 08-19-09, 01:25 AM
CrazyMPG
Phat Monkey

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by vinh
is the 1/8th mile a single lane or double lane?? Also is there going to be any sort of inspection or anything like that before we race??
double lane...one car per lane...there will be an inspection before the race. Please read the first page to find out what you need to know.

Old 08-19-09, 01:26 AM
Ay-nako
Stop the Copy!

Received 112 Likes on 52 Posts

Shoot I forgot to register Skye in! Bump for an awesome meet!!
Old 08-19-09, 01:59 AM
thait
Driver School Candidate

another reason why i think lexus service is so much better then acura =[.
Old 08-19-09, 02:30 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

Due to space constraints, the track event is temporarily at capacity. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Old 08-19-09, 03:17 AM
windex
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stevechumo
By the time they know your car is fast, it's over and no helmet is needed.
They will pull your wristband and wont allow you back without a helmet anything faster than an 8.59 requires a helmet
Old 08-19-09, 01:34 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

dam no more spots to race =/... guess i aint gunna go..
Old 08-19-09, 01:58 PM
JamesN
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

There is still spots for the Drag race. Just no more Oval track.
Old 08-19-09, 02:12 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by vwynn
dam no more spots to race =/... guess i aint gunna go..
to ^ and anyone who has not registered because there are no more spots on the oval track...

i'll give up my spot on the oval (i can do without putting my 2is on the track), given that you are fully registered (and plan to oval-track your lexus).

The Pursuit is a do-not-miss event, and as such i am doing this to encourage everyone from socal CL to attend.

also, i encourage anyone who is registered for the full package (oval, 1/8 mile, show) but not planning to oval-track their car to offer up their oval track spots to encourage more sign-ups.

socal CL needs to represent!

Last edited by projectdna; 08-19-09 at 02:25 PM.
Old 08-19-09, 02:15 PM
Nigel-JDMParts
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Please put me down....

I am still not sure about the time.............

And I would like to put my name on it first. ^__^
Old 08-19-09, 02:52 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by projectdna
to ^ and anyone who has not registered because there are no more spots on the oval track...

i'll give up my spot on the oval (i can do without putting my 2is on the track), given that you are fully registered (and plan to oval-track your lexus).

The Pursuit is a do-not-miss event, and as such i am doing this to encourage everyone from socal CL to attend.

also, i encourage anyone who is registered for the full package (oval, 1/8 mile, show) but not planning to oval-track their car to offer up their oval track spots to encourage more sign-ups.

ill take your offer if your really willing to do that for me. but dam i dont wanna feel like a jerk for taking it
Old 08-19-09, 03:13 PM
windex
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by projectdna

I too am willing to give up my spot on the oval track if it will get more people out there I only wanted to do the drag from the day I found out about the event good **** Jason i like that idea
Old 08-19-09, 03:34 PM
miss_IS300
Lead Lap

That's very generous of you to give up your spot on the track Jason. Please remember the true purpose of this event, to bring CL members together at a venue that Longo Lexus was so generous to provide. Running out of space on the track should not be an excuse to not go.
Old 08-19-09, 03:45 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by vwynn
ill take your offer if your really willing to do that for me. but dam i dont wanna feel like a jerk for taking it
jerk. j/k.

actually, i would rather give the oval track spot to you or another registered attendee who will actually make use of it than to keep it for myself and not use it at all.

socal CL is a community, and this meet, The Pursuit, is for the entire community - not just a priviledged, handful few.

Originally Posted by windex
I too am willing to give up my spot on the oval track if it will get more people out there I only wanted to do the drag from the day I found out about the event good **** Jason i like that idea
sounds good. if anyone wants to take windex's spot, please PM him and make arrangements.

on a related note, i don't know if there is any way to manipulate the sign-up database to reflect these changes, but if anyone would like to offer up their oval track spots to another member please make arrangements/confirmation via PM prior to the meet and THEN tell the meet staff in person at the meet.

oh, and just remember... this is just to get a spot. you still have to pass tech inspection to get ON the track.

Originally Posted by miss_IS300
That's very generous of you to give up your spot on the track Jason. Please remember the true purpose of this event, to bring CL members together at a venue that Longo Lexus was so generous to provide. Running out of space on the track should not be an excuse to not go.
+1. qft.

Quick Reply: 9/27/09 - Longo Lexus presents: "The Pursuit" Toyota Speedway @ Irwindale