CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Just want to give people a heads up in socal...

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-09, 10:01 PM
Hil
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's corona. He had something better than a paintball gun or a bat.. haha
Old 08-26-09, 10:05 PM
edgy
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is some f'ed up ****

Lesson:

if you DONT have a locking mail box and have a curbside box Vs one on the porch, be sure to grab your mai ldaily so it isnt sitting over night in an open or easily accessed mail box.

I installed a big *** keyed & locked mailbox this year when i heard some of my neighbors had been "losing" their mail also...

It kinda helped motivate me that my old box was a seriously old POS that was falling apart and the 4x4 it was on was looking haggard & termite ridden.....
Old 08-26-09, 10:22 PM
miss_IS300
Lead Lap

Yes please let us know where this happened. If I recall correctly you live somewhere near me. My car is usually garaged and my mail is in a box but I leave it outside sometimes during the daytime.
Old 08-26-09, 10:48 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

i live in Corona. more southern side of Corona... Fox11 and the other news station consider this place as a more, "Rich neighborhood"... you ask how i know they said that? cuz a few months back when Formula D longbeach was on... a family got murdered a few houses down from my house haha... n the news reports considered this place richer n yea.. kay-ray-zee.

ANYWAYS... no need for a bat or paintball gun... i actually had my Remington 870 HD with some gucci gear... along with 5 slugs and 10 birdshot on standby.

but yea... Remmy and I plus my brother and his Mossy searched and assessed the front of the house..

dam i should a been smart n called the cops... or at least talk to my cop neighbor.
Old 08-26-09, 11:43 PM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vwynn
i live in Corona. more southern side of Corona... Fox11 and the other news station consider this place as a more, "Rich neighborhood"... you ask how i know they said that? cuz a few months back when Formula D longbeach was on... a family got murdered a few houses down from my house haha... n the news reports considered this place richer n yea.. kay-ray-zee.

ANYWAYS... no need for a bat or paintball gun... i actually had my Remington 870 HD with some gucci gear... along with 5 slugs and 10 birdshot on standby.

but yea... Remmy and I plus my brother and his Mossy searched and assessed the front of the house..

dam i should a been smart n called the cops... or at least talk to my cop neighbor.
Rich neighborhoods might have less violent crimes but property crimes are still prevalent. Even in Newport Beach, Fountain Valley, Huntington Beach, cars and houses gets broken into all the time.
Old 08-26-09, 11:49 PM
archie
Rookie

crime is definitly up in the area. i saw a car the other day that fits the description is was abonded, windows down four ways on. if it is the same car i am sure it is stolen.

last week the lady was involved in a hit and run accident. guy was forcing her to rear end him, probably to fake an injury and collect on insurance. when that failed he ran her off the road. also a honda, however this one is a beige or silver one and a late 90s model.
Old 08-26-09, 11:54 PM
miss_IS300
Lead Lap

Very true, if anything more affluent neighborhoods are more likely to be targeted because its easier to find things of value there.
Old 08-27-09, 10:14 AM
masboy
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

someone took my brother's USPS package and open it (only shoes), then leave the package in my neighbor's front door. Doesn't matter where you live, whenever there are young punk @$$ kids around, you won't feel safe.

on top of that, someone make a long a$$ scratch on my GS when i parked outside.
Old 08-27-09, 01:07 PM
600rr05
Lexus Champion

thats insane hope those guys get busted soon....
Old 08-29-09, 08:02 AM
AceM3
Driver

All I can Say is Karma is a Biach
Old 08-29-09, 09:15 AM
Bushwack
Lead Lap

Incident reminds me...A few summers ago I had to park my car a block away from home (no parking available on my street late that night).

Walking up the block I see two guys going car to car looking for open doors. I went next door to my neighbor who is a CHP officer. He came out in his shorts, CHP T-shirt and wearing his belt. He found the guys (they moved to another block), identified himself, the guys dropped to the lawn, he cuffed them both (cuffs on opposite hands) and had me call the police. Not once did he draw his weapon. Took 2 minutes for Santa Monica's' finest to arrive.
Old 09-01-09, 02:03 AM
aznxenon
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

My parent's mail actually got stolen before, and it was a checkbook for my dad's newest bank account! Jackpot for the theft! woohoo!

So the story goes...my dad opened a new bank account at Union Bank of California, but the new bank account info never arrived in the mail! One day, he got a letter from Union Bank regarding fines from several overdraft fee =X. We went online to check his bank account, it seems like someone wrote a check to himself using my dad's new checks and forging his signature. Luckily, it was a brand new account and there was no money in the bank account at all.

But this one is settled and closed. We ended up filing police report and closed the bank account. Horrible bank, they almost didn't waive those overdraft fees.

However, the damage doesn't stop here. If you guys check your credit card statement, often times they included those credit card balance transfer checks. Yep, they forged those too as well. Fortunately, it's a credit card company and disputing fraud charges are relatively simple. Meanwhile...3rd damage.

It seems like my mom's credit card information was stolen as well. And...don't ask how, but the low life managed to somehow changed the account to his name. We called the credit card company several times, they said....this isn't your account (when I'm holding the credit card with my mom's name in my hands -_-). Maybe that's why WaMu closed down...

My mom checks the mail everyday and this happened to them.
Old 09-01-09, 09:09 AM
1KhpWrx
Lead Lap

Union bank of California is SCUM. They are all idiots who work there!
Old 09-11-09, 12:04 AM
AceM3
Driver

Originally Posted by 1KhpWrx
I know people that work there and they are not SCUM.

Please dont generalize
Old 09-11-09, 12:20 AM
emoshun
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1KhpWrx
x2

I kept my $$$ in BofA while I opened an acct there, had it for 8 months, and after numerous erroneous fee's and crude online bill pay system, I pulled my cash out, and explained to the very same acct manager that opened my account, why I was closing it.

I got a $50 VISA gift card, and a sorry letter from them in the mail 3 weeks later.

BofA FTW!

Quick Reply: Just want to give people a heads up in socal...