CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

805 meet. Don't be shy, 818's welcome to join too!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-09, 03:37 AM
madchyers
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ***Socal 805/818 meet*** Ventura County/L.A.C. Welcome!!!

hey CL, new here, old join date (forgot i was apart of CL community, made an account before i purchased my car). I've been on My.is for a while, and a member from there informed me about an 805 meet thats been going down for a while, and i figured since ive gone to some 818 meets, then why not invite you guys to my neck of the woods.

there is a cool meet going down every TUESDAY out here in the 805 (specifically, Simi Valley)

anyways, its an open car meet, anyone can come. great turnouts everytime... last tuesday there were atleast 30+ cars, lots of cool guys, lots of sweet rides. if you live near the area come check it out.

its held in the Bed Bath & Beyond parking lot (same as the Regal Cinema 16 lot) right off of the 118 freeway. if you're coming from 818/Toganga Cyn/Woodland Hills area, its only about a 20 minute drive get onto the 118 west (at the end of Topanga Blvd opposite end from the 101 ramp) exit Stearns, make a right onto Stearns, Left onto Alamo St., Left onto Tapo Canyon, you'll see a big plaza on the right (TGIF's, Regal Cinema, Bed Bath & Beyond, Carls Jr.)

it goes all night from 830ish to whenever you want, last tuesday i left at 12, after leaving the 818 meet in the Coffee Bean parking lot.

come check out my buddy Chris' boosted IS300! and my un-boosted IS300! (lol) Sharma14 also said he'd come too, hope to see you @ the next meet Matt. last time there were a lot of GS-T/X's, some Subie's, SRT-4's (ew), Hondas/Acuras, and 2 of the cleanest G35's ive ever seen...me and Chris were the only IS' there and the only Lexus' there as well . we'd love to see some more Lexus' come and represent. anyone who is interested post up yer name down below VVV, or shoot me a PM if you have any questions

Last edited by madchyers; 09-14-09 at 11:02 PM.
Old 09-06-09, 10:17 AM
windex
Lexus Test Driver

Id be down but thats kinda far to try to convince any of my friends to drive (my license is suspended) Im sure Ill check it out one day

we have big meets like that in the valley every wednesday usually 100+ cars average last wednesday there were probably 250-300 cars at least you should check that out sometime
Old 09-06-09, 12:36 PM
madchyers
Pole Position

i was there. too much tension for me, i dont know anyone out there and i dont like getting dogged out by a bunch of guys i dont know lol. not that i was scared to get jumped or anything, but it just wasnt a very pleasurable experience. youre talking about the one by in n out and petco? if you live near there its only a 20 minute drive to simi valley!!!

*EDIT* dude, i saw you there! i was at the tuesday coffee bean meet the night before. i had the black IS300, with the angel eye headlights. i was rollin with my buddy with that white evo. sick car btw. you should come out!
Old 09-06-09, 10:21 PM
windex
Lexus Test Driver

yeah I saw you roll in... straight past my car and into the crowd I went looking for you and found your car and your buddies car but neither of you. Ive been going to that meet for 2 years and know almost everyone that rolls out there and If I dont know them they know me (i had a guy come up to me and tell me i had a 10 shot of nitrous on my car and thats why no one races me and ten shot not 100... 10 *face palm*) Most of those guys just look pissed off even when they are happy.. some of them are actually pissed for any number of reasons but no one there will do anything

btw I live 20 minutes from that meet so 40 minutes to simi when theres an all lexus meet closer to me the same night doesnt really make too much sense but I might roll out sometime
Old 09-06-09, 11:11 PM
sharma14
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ill be there on tue
Old 09-07-09, 01:43 AM
madchyers
Pole Position

sweet. ill see you there! im prolly gonna roll down at like 9-930 cause i still dont know many people, and chris doesnt get out of class till 950 and hes like the only guy i know right now lol.

windex, yeah i went looking for you to say whats up. when i passed you i figured you wouldnt recognize my car. thats cool that you did. sucks you live so far, seems like not many people live near me and sharma14.

hopefully those who do live near 805 area will check out this thread. i would love to see some more Lexus' from the forums out here
Old 09-08-09, 04:39 PM
angmedic91
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I had heard about this event, cant remember who told me. As you can see I'm the 805 in Moorpark. I might check this meet out tonight. So where does everyone meet at? And what time does it start? I have been attending the 818 meet, but missed last weeks meet, due to car in the body shop. Madcyers, where in Moorpark are you at? When do you plan on rolling over to Simi, maybe we can meet in Moorpark and then head over to Simi. I will not know anyone either, but will represent Lexus with you.
Old 09-14-09, 03:04 AM
madchyers
Pole Position

anyone coming tomorrow? some guy with a baller green VIP old school LS came but he left when he saw that it was a bunch of college kids/not a lexus only meet. we got 4 IS' this time though!!! same4 will be there @ 9ish
Old 09-14-09, 11:37 AM
HellFish
Lexus Test Driver

most likely that baller green LS was lexkost.
Old 09-14-09, 10:57 PM
madchyers
Pole Position

it was legit. lol, he said are you from club lexus. and i said yeah, and he said oh ok i was just confirming that there was a meet going on here. and i said yeah, every tuesday, there are a lot of us, well be here every week. and he said ok, bye...and left. he was older than all of us for sure, but his car was so pretty! lol. hopefully more of you guys can come out tomorrow night, Sharma14 will be there. and a couple of my buddies from My.IS will be there too.

as i said, turn out is always good. there are never harrassing from the cops, and any car/any make is more than welcome. me and my friends will be there @ around 9/930 ish, come stop by and say whats up! maybe get a bite to eat from baja fresh, carls jr, tgi fridays, pizza place, or some coffee from starbucks...if you have any questions feel free to PM me for any details. we'd love to see some more lexus'!
Old 09-15-09, 01:43 AM
CaliDogg54
Driver School Candidate

are you guys gonna go to The Pursuit at Irwindale?
Old 09-15-09, 03:03 PM
angmedic91
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'll come and check it out tonight, but will be going to the 818 meet first, then I'll head over there after, depending on when I leave the 818 meet. That green LS was probably Lexkost (Mike), he's from Simi and an older guy, late 40's or early 50's, blonde hair. Very cool guy, hooked me up with my current rims and tires.
Old 09-16-09, 07:42 PM
okbobbo
Pole Position

Default Glad to hear about 805 meet

I just came across this weekly Simi Valley meeting tonite, just after we returned this evening from Baja Fresh!! Been trying to make it to the 818 meet, but no luck lately. Look forward to next week, if there's room for an old guy and his dog.

Where in the lot?
Old 09-17-09, 01:57 PM
madchyers
Pole Position

its infront of Bed, Bath, and Beyond. you'll see us, there is usually 15-20 guys. like i said its an open meet, so anymake is cool to come. im just trying to get some more Lexus' to come and join! last tuesday there were 2 IS'. mine, and another guy who has a boosted white IS. chris' boosted silver IS couldnt make it as he had it taken apart in the garage, but he'll be there next week with his car, new and improved. and Sharma14's graphite grey 2IS wasnt able to make it, but he will next week. bring your SC! if you have friends who like cars bring them by too. i'll be there on tuesday for sure! around 9ish
Old 09-17-09, 04:57 PM
sharma14
Driver

sorry i couldnt make it last week chad well try next one

Quick Reply: 805 meet. Don't be shy, 818's welcome to join too!!!