CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

got pulled over today :D

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-09, 07:10 PM
cbrasian
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Evonam
Smart man... listen to this advice... I know... I'm a cop =)
i better know half my friends are cops and honestly I'm starting to get annoyed by all the whiners on here bashing cops...you mod your car and drive recklessly of course your gonna get pulled over if your cars modded expect to get pulled over that is part of the you gotta pay to play fundamentals and honestly if you don't wanna take the risk then don't mod the car and rock stock.
Old 09-11-09, 08:20 PM
djyoshi626
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by NoHoIS350
I guess i have mixed emotions about this, yes modded cars do attract more attention, no more than 5 days after i put my wheels on & coils i got a fix it ticket for my tint..But when it was stock i past cops all the time never bothered me..Yes it does give them a reason to check us, but why can't we just do stuff to our cars & not be bothered if we aren't doing anything against the law then leave us alone...I see way more stupid people everyday in stock cars breaking all kinds of laws but hey they are stock so ahhhh we will let them slide...Got mods well we are just gonna pull you over cuz you must be bad...I havn't gotten a ticket in 20yrs...& the ones i did get were in NY when i was growing up...Now all us Cali guys just be thankful you don't live in upstate NY(Anything north of yonkers NY) you think cops are bad here, dude you would be pulled over everyday there...Inspection on cars IS WAY MORE TUFF....single light out, pulled over, license plate light out,pulled over,crack in a light, pulled over any little thing they see your getting pulled over...Since i have been in Cali i laugh cuz if i were in NY i would have been pulled over everyday & twice on sunday..

The problem is immature drivers who like to road race during peak traffic hours. It is unfair, but IMHO, cops see it as, if you mod your car, you have the need for speed, at some point when you're driving because why else would you mod it? There are a lot of mature drivers, whose track car and DD is one and the same, but they keep the speed on the tracks. The Fast and the Furious franchise ruined it too!
Old 09-12-09, 01:07 AM
t0e
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by djyoshi626
Furious franchise ruined it too!
Totally ruined everything.....

And 1/4 mile street racing also was part of it...
Old 09-12-09, 04:50 PM
pingu
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by cbrasian
If you in compliance and got nothing to hide don't worry... listening to this advise while on paper is sound will lead you into more headaches than a simple fix it ticket... If you refuse they can pretty much make up any excuse as probable cause and make you sit there and wait till they get a search warrant which can take up time... there is no 15 minute rule.... as you refused to comply....Regardless of your background if the cop wants to harass you he will do so and you trying to go against his wishes is gonna make him waste more of your time
Originally Posted by Evonam
Smart man... listen to this advice... I know... I'm a cop =)
Both of you should probably take a course in law. A police office only has the right to search your vehicle if they have probable cause or a search warrant. Good luck getting a search warrant at 12am on a Friday night. I would doubt that an officer would be able to find a judge then.
Old 09-12-09, 05:55 PM
cbrasian
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by pingu
Both of you should probably take a course in law. A police office only has the right to search your vehicle if they have probable cause or a search warrant. Good luck getting a search warrant at 12am on a Friday night. I would doubt that an officer would be able to find a judge then.
Actually I have taken law classes, and If you actually read instead of skimmed you would understand what I had posted earlier... It don't matter a cop can justify almost anything as probable cause. "probable cause to believe that you committed the crime. Probable cause is a legal standard. It means "reasonable suspicion". And can easily be justified such as erratic driving, smell of alcohol, person acting peculiar etc... And all they have to do to get a warrant is make a call it can be done via phone....so before you try to attack me know your facts first... and read all the posts Oh and a final burn the other guy posted is a cop so I think he knows the law better than your interpretation....in fact he is even telling you

Last edited by cbrasian; 09-12-09 at 05:58 PM.
Old 09-12-09, 06:32 PM
AceM3
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK now lets all just shake hands in the name of Lexus...

And get back to good times.
Old 09-12-09, 07:56 PM
pingu
Lexus Champion

Actually I have taken law classes, and If you actually read instead of skimmed you would understand what I had posted earlier... It don't matter a cop can justify almost anything as probable cause. "probable cause to believe that you committed the crime. Probable cause is a legal standard. It means "reasonable suspicion". And can easily be justified such as erratic driving, smell of alcohol, person acting peculiar etc... And all they have to do to get a warrant is make a call it can be done via phone....so before you try to attack me know your facts first... and read all the posts Oh and a final burn the other guy posted is a cop so I think he knows the law better than your interpretation....in fact he is even telling you
Peace officers cannot use anything as probable cause. The courts decide what is acceptable and not acceptable. Peace officers can only enforce the law, they do not make the laws. Many police officers do not understand or know all of the laws since they constantly change. I do not believe anything that a person or a police officer says without consulting all of the codes or an attorney.

Obtaining a warrant requires a judges signature. It is clear that you do not understand the process of obtaining a warrant.

You definitely need to learn how to be mature and civil. My post was in no way attacking you.
Old 09-12-09, 09:59 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 470 Likes on 362 Posts

This is a time of passage. All the modding attracts the attention of a variety of peeps including the LEO's. With the wealth of typical violations the younger generation has with their cars, easy targets. You can do plenty of mods within the bounds of the vehicle code and have a nice ride.
Old 09-12-09, 10:21 PM
cbrasian
Lead Lap

Peace officers cannot use anything as probable cause. The courts decide what is acceptable and not acceptable. Peace officers can only enforce the law, they do not make the laws. Many police officers do not understand or know all of the laws since they constantly change. I do not believe anything that a person or a police officer says without consulting all of the codes or an attorney.

Obtaining a warrant requires a judges signature. It is clear that you do not understand the process of obtaining a warrant.

You definitely need to learn how to be mature and civil. My post was in no way attacking you.
You should try visting your local police department and ask these questions to the watch commander on duty so he may clarify these things for you. I'm positive you need clarification on this matter as you don't seem or want to understand what I have said... A judge can grant approval over the phone however he also has to submit paperwork in a timely manner via fax etc which means yes he can do it at 12 am...In fact I'm so positive about it lets put a wager on it...Also you are pointing a attack by your wording in fact here is quote that direct your words to me "Both of you should probably take a course in law." hmm lemme see who would that be directed to oh wait that would be me and the other guy who posted saying he was a cop.... Maybe you should look up the term almost...Like I said before sounds good and all on paper but pull that **** on a cop and he'll go out of his way to waste your time anyways he can legally......and if you can't deal with the reality that cops are people too and know when people are trying to act like they know more than they really do about law and decide to push their buttons then you got a bit more things in life to experience....There's book smart and street smart you maybe book smart and read things like karate or any martial arts but that doesn't mean some thug won't jack you up because you gave him the finger and say you know karate.... same rules apply you may try f with the cop thinking you will win but in the end you still lose.... regardless I'm deciding to leave it at this and not adding any more because this thread is becoming more and more off tangent from the op.

Last edited by cbrasian; 09-12-09 at 11:02 PM. Reason: felt like it
Old 09-13-09, 12:03 AM
t0e
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Lightbulb

I am just asking...

When was the last time you got pulled over and asked to have your car searched.??

And did you decline their Request?

If so did they tell you to have a nice day?

Last edited by t0e; 09-13-09 at 12:35 AM.
Old 09-13-09, 12:53 AM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

You should try visting your local police department and ask these questions to the watch commander on duty so he may clarify these things for you. I'm positive you need clarification on this matter as you don't seem or want to understand what I have said... A judge can grant approval over the phone however he also has to submit paperwork in a timely manner via fax etc which means yes he can do it at 12 am...In fact I'm so positive about it lets put a wager on it...Also you are pointing a attack by your wording in fact here is quote that direct your words to me "Both of you should probably take a course in law." hmm lemme see who would that be directed to oh wait that would be me and the other guy who posted saying he was a cop.... Maybe you should look up the term almost...Like I said before sounds good and all on paper but pull that **** on a cop and he'll go out of his way to waste your time anyways he can legally......and if you can't deal with the reality that cops are people too and know when people are trying to act like they know more than they really do about law and decide to push their buttons then you got a bit more things in life to experience....There's book smart and street smart you maybe book smart and read things like karate or any martial arts but that doesn't mean some thug won't jack you up because you gave him the finger and say you know karate.... same rules apply you may try f with the cop thinking you will win but in the end you still lose.... regardless I'm deciding to leave it at this and not adding any more because this thread is becoming more and more off tangent from the op.
Cbrasian knows what he is talking about. There's an obvious difference with what works on paper and what works in the real world. Acting entitled and defiant to a cop while having violations is essentially like throwing stones from a glass home. You're going to get your time wasted, wallet emptied, and/or your car towed in the worst case scenario.
Old 09-13-09, 01:10 AM
surga7
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just be careful driving in Rowland Hts, San Gabriel/Rosemead, Alhambra - Monterey Park areas.
Old 09-13-09, 01:21 AM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by t0e
I am just asking...

When was the last time you got pulled over and asked to have your car searched.??

Haha "Sir, I am very sorry that I bothered you and unecessarily wasted your time. Please accept my apologies and resume with whatever you are doing and thank you very much for your time."
Old 09-13-09, 02:10 AM
pingu
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by t0e
I am just asking...

I have never been searched. I always exercise my 4th and 5th amendments. The officer ran a check of my license and insurance and told me bye bye. If you actually believe a judge would consent to a warrant due to having modified exhaust or tinted windows then wow....

Originally Posted by xknowonex
Cbrasian knows what he is talking about. There's an obvious difference with what works on paper and what works in the real world. Acting entitled and defiant to a cop while having violations is essentially like throwing stones from a glass home. You're going to get your time wasted, wallet emptied, and/or your car towed in the worst case scenario.
You couldn't be more wrong.
If exercising my rights means that a peace office is going to "harass" me then that's fine. I am certainly not going to give up any of my rights because I am scared of the police. We do not live in a Communist state.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqMjMPlXzdA

Last edited by pingu; 09-13-09 at 02:21 AM.
Old 09-13-09, 05:07 AM
Evonam
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok guys, I'm just going to put my input into this and you take it for what it's worth. All of you have valid points on what are your legal rights. Yes I need probable cause to search a vehicle. Yes you do not have to let me search your vehicle if you do not want me to if I do not have that probable cause. All this comes down to MY articulation as a police officer. Bottom line is this, probable cause and reasonable suspicion are all based on what I as an officer can articulate. You don't have to let me search your car, but your attitude and demeanor can mean the difference between a simple warning to a list of fix it tickets so long that it makes you want to throw up.

I pull you over for tinted windows. That is enough reason for me to pull you out of your car and have you stand on the sidewalk. My articulation, due to the fact that I cannot see inside of the vehicle and for my safety and the safety of the occupants of the vehicle, I conducted an investigative stop in which I had to remove all of the occupants of the vehicle. See how that works?

If you get pulled out of the car and put into the backseat and the officers are going through your car without telling you the reason why, you might have matched a suspect description from a crime that was committed before you got pulled over. In your mind, you were just being pulled over. In the officer's mind, they have a potential suspect in custody and they are conducting their investigation. There are so many ways that a certain situation can play out and no two situations are the same. I leave you with this. If you have nothing to hide, why wouldn't you be anything but nice to me? Reasonable suspicion, check, probable cause, let me shine my flashlight around in the car a little bit more...=)

Last edited by Evonam; 09-13-09 at 05:19 AM.

Quick Reply: got pulled over today :D