CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

got pulled over today :D

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-09 | 09:16 PM
TokerIS350
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by renren7
It could be the way you drive, you know

most of us have modified cars, but not all of us are getting pulled over every month

no disrespect but just drive less aggressively on local?

they didnt even see me driving, i was at a light, and they were at the light opposite of me. i know it was the 3k drls that caught their attention
Old 09-20-09 | 12:28 AM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

law enforcement officers in san gabriel have quite the reputation for pulling over modified vehicles.

driving habits aside, consider yourself unfortunate - that you were in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Old 09-21-09 | 09:10 AM
IntegresS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by projectdna
law enforcement officers in san gabriel have quite the reputation for pulling over modified vehicles.

driving habits aside, consider yourself unfortunate - that you were in the wrong place at the wrong time.
I've been driving around modded cars for years in San Gabriel and I'm telling ya-- they don't hassle me. Tint, no front plate, exhaust...still nothing

It must be that I am just awesome
Old 09-21-09 | 09:28 AM
T-Rex06
Ho Motorsports

Originally Posted by IntegresS
I've been driving around modded cars for years in San Gabriel and I'm telling ya-- they don't hassle me. Tint, no front plate, exhaust...still nothing

It must be that I am just awesome
I think you might have just jinxed yourself by saying that.

Terrance
Old 09-21-09 | 09:30 AM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by IntegresS
It must be that I am a girl
corrected.
Old 09-21-09 | 09:46 AM
IntegresS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by T-Rex06
I think you might have just jinxed yourself by saying that.

Terrance
Hahaha what's a jinx!? I don't believe in jinxes! I've been saying that for the last 3 years and still haven't been pulled over

projectdna:

corrected.
Hahaha being a girl could play a small part in that...but I am still pretty awesome too. And the San Gabriel cops seem pretty laid back about mods lately...to me anyway. I think they are more focused on all the moving violations that take place in the SG hahaha
Old 09-24-09 | 05:47 PM
abrahams60
Driver School Candidate

This sorta thing happened to me but a little worst. So I parked my car on the street by this alley. I saw these cops parked in the alley. I got into my car to drive away and as soon as i move not even 10ft the put the lights on me. I'm thinking WTF! they didn't ask me if i knew why they pulled me over. They told me to throw the keys on the floor and to get out of the car. I then had to spend 10 min with my hands burning on their black hood while they searched my car. That day I had cashed my check so I had money on me and they asked me where I bought the car. My mind was blown by the questions because it was as if they thought I was a drug dealer.. So I finally ask why I was pulled over and they say, because someone reported a car similar to this one stolen. I knew it was BS because they saw me get into the car. I did file a complaint but nothing ever happened because im pretty sure they don't care...
Old 09-24-09 | 05:50 PM
BazookaCat
Rookie

Poo poo face cops keep trying to pull me over for not having front plates but can never find anything on me...I have a clean record.
Old 09-29-09 | 04:12 PM
j three
Lexus Test Driver

Default Dwb

I have no problem with professional acting officers that pull you over when you do something wrong. It's when they do things like see you on the other side of the street just driving and they turn around, drive up next to you shine their flash light in your eyes while you are driving speed up then slow down shine light in eyes again while I pass then speed up again and do it one last time. I roll down my window and shout is there a problem and he replies " no just looking at you".

Can the officers that visit this thread please tell me how this protects and serves? Too many officers wear their badges as an entitlement to do what ever the hell they want to do. I know not all officers are like this, but when you have more negative experiences than positive your taste begins to sour! There is a problem like in my friend's case you get pulled over and the first thing the cop asks you is when was the last time you have been to jail and he has never been to jail.

This kind of stuff is horrible to have to experience on a regular basis. You're doing nothing wrong and still getting messed with. As a minority i strongly advise other minorities to keep your stuff straight and legal because this is something we will always have to deal with.
Old 09-30-09 | 05:13 AM
Evonam
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by j three
I have no problem with professional acting officers that pull you over when you do something wrong. It's when they do things like see you on the other side of the street just driving and they turn around, drive up next to you shine their flash light in your eyes while you are driving speed up then slow down shine light in eyes again while I pass then speed up again and do it one last time. I roll down my window and shout is there a problem and he replies " no just looking at you".

Can the officers that visit this thread please tell me how this protects and serves? Too many officers wear their badges as an entitlement to do what ever the hell they want to do. I know not all officers are like this, but when you have more negative experiences than positive your taste begins to sour! There is a problem like in my friend's case you get pulled over and the first thing the cop asks you is when was the last time you have been to jail and he has never been to jail.

This kind of stuff is horrible to have to experience on a regular basis. You're doing nothing wrong and still getting messed with. As a minority i strongly advise other minorities to keep your stuff straight and legal because this is something we will always have to deal with.
They are not shining their light into your face for their entertainment trust me.... guaranteed you look like somebody that they are looking for and they kept shining the light into your face to try to get a better ID. It was either that or you get pulled over so they were actually doing you a little favor.
Old 09-30-09 | 11:29 AM
DaKi3241
Lead Lap

wow i realized instead of getting pulled over.... I keep getting parking citations. In my life I think I have a total of 16 so far
Old 10-02-09 | 02:12 AM
j three
Lexus Test Driver

Thumbs down

He didn't need to play games passing me, slowing down then passing me again all while shining his flashlight directly into my eyes. This is foolish as it temporarily blinded and distracted me, putting my safety and pedestrians lives in danger! I'm sure if I could see good enough to catch his car # and made a complaint to to watch commander about these foolishly dangerous practices he would have problems.

Evonam it is funny you mentioning the cop possibly thinking I was a suspect because honestly the majority of the times I or my family members have been pulled over for no reason it is always the same couple of B.S. stories. "There have been burglaries in the area", or "there was a car stolen that looks just like this one". So you are telling me that me or my car always fits the description. Sorry but that is getting old, as a matter of fact there is a black female judge in Torrance that was getting pulled over repeatedly a few years back and after a few police jobs were threatened it stopped. It is enraging that in 2009 minorities still get this kind of treatment plain and simple!

Sorry for the rant but this is the reality a lot of members are facing and I haven't seen too much talk about it except for some really bad cases. It's just horrible to be bullied and at the same treated like a criminal, all while just going from point a to b just like everyone else. Not doing anything wrong. It sucks!
Old 10-03-09 | 01:50 PM
vindedreal
Pole Position

I agree, especially in socal. Ive been pulled over and searched,I asked why i was pulled over , he said my licence plate lights were out (How is that reason for search?). After he found nothing and left, i checked my licence plate lights and they both were working
Old 10-03-09 | 09:56 PM
TomLee
Lexus Champion

Cops dont bug me. My car is slammed and loud....but its a GS, so im sure they are just like " Wow that guys is Ballin so hard, ill just let him be"
Old 10-03-09 | 11:37 PM
j three
Lexus Test Driver

LOL! I've gotten the license plate light thing before as well in Palos Verdes. He pulled me over, asked me " do you know why I pulled you over?" I said no why don't you tell me! He said nothing to me and just started circling the car. After being pulled over for about thirty minutes, being asked if it was my car 5 times all he got me for was a fix it ticket for not changing my address within one week . During all that time he tried to say your license plate light is out. I then proceeded to turn the lights back on then tell him "does this look like it's out to you genius? What an idiot!" He could taste my blood.

You are guilty until proven innocent. This was my first experience being pulled over after moving to socal from norcal in 2000. That is when I realized how bad police can treat you when they don't like the way you look.

Quick Reply: got pulled over today :D